Lt. Commander
I'm shipping for Army Basic Training on Sunday, so that means I'm out of luck on the Delta Flyer and Open Jacket Uniform. On the calendar it says they are only being available for 3 days each? Is that true, or are these gonna be permanent on the C-Store? I don't get computer access back till July.

If I have to I'll get my brother to sign on for me and get them. Unless they will be there in July when I get back.

Can anyone tell me? Thanks.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-20-2011, 07:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockMax View Post
I'm shipping for Army Basic Training on Sunday, so that means I'm out of luck on the Delta Flyer and Open Jacket Uniform. On the calendar it says they are only being available for 3 days each? Is that true, or are these gonna be permanent on the C-Store? I don't get computer access back till July.

If I have to I'll get my brother to sign on for me and get them. Unless they will be there in July when I get back.

Permanent. The range on the calendar is just he range in which they expect to release it.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-20-2011, 08:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adwynyth View Post
Permanent. The range on the calendar is just he range in which they expect to release it.
Basically. So far, the only items I've seen "expire" are the preorder items, and that's only because the method of attaining them is no longer there. The regular C-store items should still be there when you get back (along with any items you've already purchased/unlocked).
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-20-2011, 11:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockMax View Post

Your primary question has been answered, but I would also like to say; Take care in Basic--and enjoy it.

Seriously. Paraphrasing what one of my Drill Instructors once told our Platoon, "When you look back on basic training you are going to realize that it was the most efficient and well-organized part of your military experience." Heh, he was correct AND it was a lot of fun--it also goes by really fast.

So take care and be safe through basic and beyond. Oh, and yes, the Delta Flyer should still be around when you get back!

maj!
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-20-2011, 11:18 AM
Basic is the fun part - compared to tech training.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-20-2011, 01:55 PM
Heh, you guys are awesome. Thank you so much.

Glad to know the items will still be there, that'll help with my brother who won't know what to do. Definitely hope the Delta Flyer is more useful than the Runabout.

I am excited about Basic and AIT. My MOS is 14J, so I'm not going to the front lines any time soon. I hope I can get stationed in Japan!

I'm gonna be getting a nice laptop when I get out of AIT so I can play STO when I get my duty station. Right now I have an iMac running Windows XP as my primary OS. So hopefully some nice laptops will come out this summer.

Thanks again!
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-20-2011, 05:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by QorDaq View Post
Your primary question has been answered, but I would also like to say; Take care in Basic--and enjoy it.

Seriously. Paraphrasing what one of my Drill Instructors once told our Platoon, "When you look back on basic training you are going to realize that it was the most efficient and well-organized part of your military experience." Heh, he was correct AND it was a lot of fun--it also goes by really fast.

So take care and be safe through basic and beyond. Oh, and yes, the Delta Flyer should still be around when you get back!

maj!
Yeah, definitally have to agree! Basic goes by way to fast but is a lot of fun. Just remember this one thing and you'll be good... They don't really hate you, it's a game for the instructors. Break you down, build you up, nothing personal. Good luck!