Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Lt. Commander
I've been actually wondering this since the announcement of the delta flyer, will everyone be getting a standard 25th century shuttlecraft? I'm assuming that the Delta flyer is going to either be a skin for the standard shuttle, a seperate type of shuttle, or just a skin for the runabout.

I really would love some more clarification on this? I think i'd be more excited about playable shuttles then the delta to be honest
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-20-2011, 05:52 PM
I'd love more information too.

All I know is that we're getting a free shuttle.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-20-2011, 06:04 PM
Just posted an update about this in the Federation News Network Thread.

The free default shuttles are given out as rewards (along with a free ship slot) when you accept the first mission of Feature Episode 3. Without giving away too much, there is a reason why you'll need a shuttle for the first mission which will be explained when you take the mission.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-20-2011, 06:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstahl View Post

The free default shuttles are given out as rewards (along with a free ship slot) when you accept the first mission of Feature Episode 3. Without giving away too much, there is a reason why you'll need a shuttle for the first mission which will be explained when you take the mission.
Thank you so much for you're quick response This next wave of episodes are sounding really exciting, in fact they seem like the best ones yet
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-20-2011, 06:10 PM
If the Delta Flyer is going to be a cstore item, I won't be buying after paying for a gimped Galaxy X.
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice....
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-20-2011, 06:11 PM
Quote:
Without giving away too much, there is a reason why you'll need a shuttle for the first mission which will be explained when you take the mission.
That sentence made me smile. Can't wait to get back to weekly episodes!
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-20-2011, 06:39 PM
Quote:

Yeah, thanks for the heads up DStahl . Now, I'm really excited to get this new shuttle.
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-20-2011, 06:41 PM
Quote:

Awesome! Will we be getting a free ship slot with the 400-day Veteran Reward (Captain's Yacht) as well?
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-20-2011, 06:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZSteel
If the Delta Flyer is going to be a cstore item, I won't be buying after paying for a gimped Galaxy X.
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice....
LOLZ. Bad devs! Bad devsss!!!! You've been very bad. I was just as angry as you after buying the nebula class retrofit ship. That thing has a crew complement of 800, yet it turns like a tugboat, and has few high level BO slots. It's just awful.
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-20-2011, 06:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander_Knuhteb
LOLZ. Bad devs! Bad devsss!!!! You've been very bad. I was just as angry as you after buying the nebula class retrofit ship. That thing has a crew complement of 800, yet it turns like a tugboat, and has few high level BO slots. It's just awful.
You'll be happy to know that I've asked the designers to look into a way to let players "test drive" ships (other than going to Tribble) in game so that you can take that fancy ship for a spin before you make the decision.

There's some software support we need to make it work, but I expect this to be in game by the time Season 4 launches.