Lt. Commander
# 91
01-21-2011, 06:45 AM
What's the word on the ground combat revamp?

What news of the new additions to PvP?

With ESD getting reworked, does this mean us Klingons get to blow up the old one soon?

Have you taken the Vanguard book series into consideration when designing the Tholians?

Regarding the new Gorn character model, has there been any thought to adding the other castes besides the warrior caste, or are you moving on to other things?

Romulans?
Lt. Commander
# 92
01-21-2011, 06:52 AM
1) any plan on not blowing up every ship you fight? It doesnt make sence on an either fed or kdf perspective
2) lifetime channel takes a year to develop?
3) any plan on seeing the felkhir again?
4) anything discusses about account banks and account wide bind items?
5) anything on 'saving' configurations? Simplest form would be going from a pve configuration (power, buttons, weapons, items, bo's) to a pvp configuration with the touch of a button (rather than spending 15 minutes changing everything). It could be saved on the pc rather than the cryptic severs
6) Borg and aeigis sets rock! Any chance on making ground versions?
7) klingons are the only race that need eyepatches?
8) Klingons want the overcoat!!
9) kdf beat the gorn and nausicains that we deathstarafied their homeworld?
Lt. Commander
# 93 Melee Weapon Diversity
01-21-2011, 06:55 AM
When it comes to ground combat, I've always had a preference for melee combat--dealing with things up-close and personal. However, the only Melee Weapons we can get in-game are Bat'leths--and although I admit they are iconic to Star Trek, it seems kind of ridiculous that they'd be the only melee weapon available in 2409. I mean, other cultures have melee weapons that are symbolic to them in the same way that Bat'leths are symbolic to Klingons (Vulcan Lirpa, Andorian Ushaan-tor, Japanese Katana, etc). Not to mention that the Klingons have other melee weapons aside from the Bat'leth, as well (Mek'leth, D'k'tagh, etc).

Are there plans to include all of these different melee weapons in STO? And if so, would you mind giving us a rough timetable as to their inclusion? I'd really appreciate it.
Lt. Commander
# 94
01-21-2011, 07:01 AM
1) We were finally able to sit in our Captain's chair, are there any plans to put some more seating locations in?

2) With the ground combat revamp, will different weapons have different ranges? Currently a pistol can fire just as far as a sniper rifle can!
Lt. Commander
# 95
01-21-2011, 07:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiraYamato
When it comes to ground combat, I've always had a preference for melee combat--dealing with things up-close and personal. However, the only Melee Weapons we can get in-game are Bat'leths--and although I admit they are iconic to Star Trek, it seems kind of ridiculous that they'd be the only melee weapon available in 2409. I mean, other cultures have melee weapons that are symbolic to them in the same way that Bat'leths are symbolic to Klingons (Vulcan Lirpa, Andorian Ushaan-tor, Japanese Katana, etc). Not to mention that the Klingons have other melee weapons aside from the Bat'leth, as well (Mek'leth, D'k'tagh, etc).

Are there plans to include all of these different melee weapons in STO? And if so, would you mind giving us a rough timetable as to their inclusion? I'd really appreciate it.
I REALLY want an answer to the above question, so if it doesn't get answered in the next Ask Cryptic, I'll probably PM DStahl and ask the question again, directly this time.

Just thought I'd let you know.
Lt. Commander
# 96 Question
01-21-2011, 07:10 AM
Questions for BASIC FUNCTIONS

1. Do you plan to implement the BASIC function of character stats updates when the character equips items. For example, adding to crit chance of space stats when a weapon with crit bonus is equppied. Right now I should have a +10% to crit chance but the number in the display is still less than 5%.

2. Do you plan to allow Player Captains to decide how their Bridge Officer's use passive abilities such as Vulcan "nerve pinch" and Orion "seduce".
Lt. Commander
# 97
01-21-2011, 07:23 AM
I'm worried that the Mark 10 ground kits are going to become obsolete when it comes to the rank capacity increase in season 4. Will we see Mark 11-14 kits that grant level 4 powers such as Focus fire 4 and Shield Recharge 4? And for that matter, will there also be level 4 bridge officer space powers as well like Torpedo High Yield 4 and Science team 4?
Lt. Commander
# 98
01-21-2011, 07:48 AM
I read on a post somewhere that you were looking into making the "liberated borg" species something that a new lifer could use on a current character. I support this idea and would like the option to turn my current primary toon, whom I've invested a lot of time, money in the c store on bo character/ship slots ect., on.
But, so far, there are only liberated Borg Humans. My Primary Character is a Vulcan.

So My question is this:

Could you consider making the "liberated borg" an accolade or something, that any lifer would get,
(with the appropriate traits of course) to apply to any lifer's character of choice, regardless of species?

Then couldn't you simply make the appropriate borg costume parts available at the tailor?
The Seven of nine costume already does this to some extent already with her Borg implants being available to anyone who purchase the costume.

Many species/races have been assimilated, not just humans.

also:
A while back on "Priority One" dstahl was being interviewed, and said that he never plays science, he always plays tactical. Granted that everyone has a right to a preference and a personal opinion, BUT honestly, to me this also suggested that science needs to be looked at in order to make it just as appealing
to a player as tactical. Any plans on this?

And lastly:
Any plans to extend the veteran rewards program beyond the 400 days?
Lt. Commander
# 99
01-21-2011, 08:14 AM
With the D'kyr on the horizon and it having a small support craft inside it's nacelle (which I am super psyched for and will be buying it on day-1 because of this) is this the advent of similar ships with drones or fighters, carrier ships class for the federation?

Second question;

How long until the proper 'seating' tech is in place? so we can just walk up to a chair in ESD and right-click it to sit down?
Lt. Commander
# 100
01-21-2011, 08:18 AM
Do you plan to continue finishing off existing ships?
A lot of them are still missing very visible details such as navigational and running lights and/or damaged textures errors. Also retrofit ships still have the Constitution Refit shield icon instead of their matching ship icon.
Closed Thread