01-24-2011, 02:20 AM
Finally it's taking shape.

Really exciting.
Lt. Commander
# 22
01-24-2011, 02:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amosov
I'm guessing this is the start of it: Above ESD Window.
Nice spot!
Lt. Commander
# 23
01-24-2011, 02:53 AM
I am pretty sure the new ESD exterior will look like the ESD we know from the movies. Especially if you keep in mind that many of these holograms resamble available ingame models, like those in the current shipyards on the ship information terminals.

Can't wait to see the whole stuff in action.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolderine
Saw this in the other thread.

A bit disappointed. While nice graphics are ok, there's a lot more that needs adding to the game first. Some end-game content would be nice to begin with. Add the bells and whistles after the frame has been completed to hang them on.
True, however I think on of the main problems of this game is being the rather questionable state it has been released. There are still many things that need to be fixed, both in terms of content and graphics. Personally I'd like to see things fixed first (ESD in- and exterior was one of them) before adding new stuff. Work goes on slowly IMO, but Star Trek Online really starts to get in a decent shape. Just think back one year ago, when the game was released. Cryptic has done many good things, but there still is much much work to do.
Lt. Commander
# 24
01-24-2011, 07:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mantuax View Post
The ESD rework looks awesome but......it needs to be massive

sorry are you guys realy fearing that the station might be to SMALL?

i will only mention DS9 and K-7 here, feel silly now?
Lt. Commander
# 25
01-24-2011, 07:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGDawson View Post
Nice spot!
That's awesome. It reminds me of ceiling cat....always watching. I wonder if we'll get to see each piece come in.
Lt. Commander
# 26
01-24-2011, 07:43 AM
It'll certainly be interesting to see how they scale it. If you watch in TNG the doors to ESD appear to be barely big enough to fit a Galaxy.

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__...e_starbase.jpg

Of course, that might just be a matter of perspective, it could also be because they're using the model from SFS instead of re-sizing it for TNG. In any case, it'll be awesome to see the original ESD both inside and out.
Lt. Commander
# 27
01-24-2011, 08:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firix
http://img834.imageshack.us/img834/5...1012121224.jpg

Taken from Quinn's office

Notice: It is orbiting a planet, and it has the old look of a spacedock (which is what we are getting)

Also, it has the correct dock with the spacedoors (if you look in ship requisitions, you can see space doors)
If that station is orbiting a planet, it is in a super high orbit. Not to my liking at all. II hope its not like that when the exterior is completed. Although i do like the design, just like the star base in the movies.
Lt. Commander
# 28
01-24-2011, 08:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firix
The ESD Interior changes will (should at least ) come to Holodeck on Thursday
Where did you hear that? Stahl has said that the interior changes are going to take weeks.
Lt. Commander
# 29
01-24-2011, 08:43 AM
I hope that it is the old ESD but made to look more futuristic looking in the stylization, like the space station next to Spock's head on the homepage.
Lt. Commander
# 30
01-24-2011, 09:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Sol
It'll certainly be interesting to see how they scale it. If you watch in TNG the doors to ESD appear to be barely big enough to fit a Galaxy.

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__...e_starbase.jpg

Of course, that might just be a matter of perspective, it could also be because they're using the model from SFS instead of re-sizing it for TNG. In any case, it'll be awesome to see the original ESD both inside and out.
That is exactly what they did. They stuck the D right on the spot where the original was on the film. Much cheaper than doing something else, at the cost of size fanatics pulling out their hair trying to figure out scales and volumes and such.

Edit: Although the D never entered the one around Earth; the footage was used to stand in for various other Starbases/stations.