Lt. Commander
OK we've all heard it before, and we'll hear about it until the end of time. I just did a FvK Capture and Hold map on the Tribble server. I was in my Excelsior retrofit. There were 5 feds and 5 klingons. After the carriers let loose all their ships it was about 50 against 5, no exaggeration. I am all for a challenge, but there is no way that the feds can win under this situation. There were BoPs, Raptors, Skul fighters, Interceptors, Frigates that laid out Tricobalt mines. It was a zoo. To be honest I was having a great time - Thank you Teapower3, that was a lot of fun. If I didn't go to full shields power level for about 15-20 seconds I would have been dead. As soon as my shields came back up though, I went back to full weapons power. But I can see how some people are so frustrated by it. So what to do about it?

Here's the thing, either feds need carriers OR they need a way to either disable or destroy an enemies carrier bays. Why not give us a target carrier bays weapon skill? I think that would even things out a lot. I also think it would give some people no reason to complain about it anymore. Let us be able to shoot and destroy the bays for 30 seconds, a minute, or even the whole match (yeah that one is a little too much I know, but it could work). If we did destroy the bays for the whole PvP match, it could easily be fixed with either a Major or Critical Component once the match is over. With that weapons skill, it would even things out a lot. And if a carrier can not send out any fighters, so what. They have all the same skills to choose from that everyone else does, so they can do very well in a fight just like any other ship (except they may have to fight in a straight line, since they turn worse than a 72 Caddy).
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-21-2011, 04:58 PM
The idea itself is awesome and makes sense.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-21-2011, 05:01 PM
I have to agree with this.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-21-2011, 05:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by forresto View Post
↑ This. x10
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-21-2011, 05:13 PM
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-21-2011, 05:14 PM
All the other target systems abilities can have a use against all ship types. What you are asking for is an ability that targets one ship type, Carriers. Can't see this idea being implemented without some other purpose that would work for all ship types.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-21-2011, 05:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraiven View Post
All the other target systems abilities can have a use against all ship types. What you are asking for is an ability that targets one ship type, Carriers. Can't see this idea being implemented without some other purpose that would work for all ship types.
If it affected torpedo/mine launchers as well, that would be interesting.

Right now, launchers aren't affected by power levels.
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-21-2011, 05:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by forresto View Post
I agree also. I was in that game. We( the Feds) had no chance what so ever. Being able to target the bays would be great.
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-21-2011, 05:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraiven View Post
My suggestion? tie the carrier's bays into one of the target-able subsystems, perhaps auxiliary.
So if aux is targeted and goes offline or takes procs of some sort it also affects the bays.

(Idea came from the fact that the Klingons keep going on about how its their sci ship :p )

Heck, maybe even tie how fast fighter/BoP/Frigate wings regen into aux power levels to boot.
Force them to choose between higher shield power and fast re-launches.
Might help the balance.
Lt. Commander
# 10 Sorry about the dual posting.
01-21-2011, 05:55 PM
Actually I messed up on the 2nd post. I was in a rush and I had copied and pasted my final wording for the first post. Then I had a 2nd one that I wanted to post up before supper. Unfortunately, in my haste, I didn't do the copy of my second thread. So this one got repeated in two spots. Sorry about that gang. I have to be a little bit more careful from now on.