Lt. Commander
# 11
01-21-2011, 06:58 PM
Just do it like this then so we can kill the whining about carriers because some players suck in pvp.

1 Carrier can at all times only have 6 fighters deployed. If 4 fighters is destroyed in the battle he can only launch 4 more fighters.Get it ? easy and problem solved.
Lt. Commander
# 12
01-21-2011, 07:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyyy View Post
Just do it like this then so we can kill the whining about carriers because some players suck in pvp.

1 Carrier can at all times only have 6 fighters deployed. If 4 fighters is destroyed in the battle he can only launch 4 more fighters.Get it ? easy and problem solved.
Hmmm, I didn't realize I was whining about anything. I could have sworn that I just put up an idea for a new skill that I thought a lot of people might find interesting. I didn't know that "I was having a great time" actuyally means "It was just so unfair it was horrible".:p

Man I love sarcasm. It is just too much fun.

By the way it's just an idea tyyy. That's all. If you have another, great. By the way, your idea ... not bad. But if they can only have 6 fighters deployed and 4 fighters are destroyed, then they should only be able to launch 2 more fighters right? I mean 4+2=6, not 4+4 right? But not a bad idea. Post a thread about it and see what people think.
Lt. Commander
# 13
01-21-2011, 07:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by booker9172 View Post
Hmmm, I didn't realize I was whining about anything. I could have sworn that I just put up an idea for a new skill that I thought a lot of people might find interesting. I didn't know that "I was having a great time" actuyally means "It was just so unfair it was horrible".:p

Man I love sarcasm. It is just too much fun.

By the way it's just an idea tyyy. That's all. If you have another, great. By the way, your idea ... not bad. But if they can only have 6 fighters deployed and 4 fighters are destroyed, then they should only be able to launch 2 more fighters right? I mean 4+2=6, not 4+4 right? But not a bad idea. Post a thread about it and see what people think.
No i'm sorry dident mean it like that, was speaking in general .There been alot of complaining about carriers from other players the last weeks. So again sorry dude.

Yes 6-4=2+4=6 ? I dont know just woke up and maybe i need more coffee

btw love that Calvin avatar you have, my favorit comic book of all times.
Lt. Commander
# 14
01-21-2011, 07:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyyy View Post
No i'm sorry dident mean it like that, was speaking in general .There been alot of complaining about carriers from other players the last weeks. So again sorry dude.

Yes 6-4=2+4=6 ? I dont know just woke up and maybe i need more coffee
Ah coffee. I just got off an IV of the stuff myself

Spaceman Spiff Rules!!!!
Lt. Commander
# 15
01-21-2011, 07:27 PM
I really like this idea. It seems logical that at some point they will implement more "target ____" abilities.

I LOVE when I'm on my klingon and have carriers like how OP described, and I HATE when I'm on my fed and the same situation occurs
Lt. Commander
# 16
01-21-2011, 07:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan_Kent View Post
My suggestion? tie the carrier's bays into one of the target-able subsystems, perhaps auxiliary.
So if aux is targeted and goes offline or takes procs of some sort it also affects the bays.

(Idea came from the fact that the Klingons keep going on about how its their sci ship :p )

Heck, maybe even tie how fast fighter/BoP/Frigate wings regen into aux power levels to boot.
Force them to choose between higher shield power and fast re-launches.
Might help the balance.
I could see this implementation working, as a dedicated 'target hangers' is just too limited.

I also like the tie in to Aux level affecting recharge rate of launching pets. You can slow a carrier's launch rate with an Aux attack, and disable their launch capability with Aux Offline. Note that other powers that take Aux Offline (Viral Matrix, Boarding Party) would then also affect the carrier's launch rate.

Thoughts?
-snix
Lt. Commander
# 17
01-21-2011, 07:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by snix View Post
I could see this implementation working, as a dedicated 'target hangers' is just too limited.

I also like the tie in to Aux level affecting recharge rate of launching pets. You can slow a carrier's launch rate with an Aux attack, and disable their launch capability with Aux Offline. Note that other powers that take Aux Offline (Viral Matrix, Boarding Party) would then also affect the carrier's launch rate.

Thoughts?
-snix
No not a bad idee.
Lt. Commander
# 18
01-21-2011, 07:40 PM
Quote:

Thoughts?
-snix
This could work.
Lt. Commander
# 19
01-21-2011, 07:47 PM
Quote:

Thoughts?
-snix
I like the tie in to aux-- recharge as well. But viral matrix... really? you guys have nerfed axed that pretty bad. One Sci cannot defend against three carriers( which was the case in the afore mentioned battle) the cool downs prevent it.
Lt. Commander
# 20
01-21-2011, 07:52 PM
Quote:

Thoughts?
-snix
True but given how big an advantage the carriers can give the klingon side, it would only be fair to give the other side something that can actually disable it completely for that time - or even that match. We can be honest. Carriers are overpowered for most federation players to take on. Some call it whining, but that's the truth. A target hangers may be limited but it would be a great option. By being able to do actual damage to a carrier bay, it is actually giving a single fed or a team a chance to win. This is an option instead of giving us federation carriers. As a skill, I do think it is feasible, even if it is limited. I also do think it would greatly even things out.