Lt. Commander
First, yes this is just a hypothetical discussion, just like 90% of the other threads on this board. Anyway, the Devs at Champs have recently announced some upcoming changes to the C-store for the F2P conversion:

http://forums.champions-online.com/s...39#post1760739

IF/when STO goes F2P, I wonder if something similar will occur?
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-22-2011, 08:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacksparrowjive55 View Post
First, yes this is just a hypothetical discussion, just like 90% of the other threads on this board. Anyway, the Devs at Champs have recently announced some upcoming changes to the C-store for the F2P conversion:

http://forums.champions-online.com/s...39#post1760739

IF/when STO goes F2P, I wonder if something similar will occur?
It's hard to say at this point. It makes sense that they would lower Cryptic store prices to where they are more tempting to do impulse buys, but you never know. I just hope that you don't get flamed by about a dozen users who think they have are in a collective link with the developers, much like the borg. Quickly hands jack a +1000 flame resistance Shield of Courage.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-22-2011, 08:45 AM
I give it a year, maybe two, before STO goes F2P.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-22-2011, 08:46 AM
Lowering C-store prices with a F2P model seems backwards to me. You would think they would charge more since they are allowing people to play the game for free.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-22-2011, 08:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
Lowering C-store prices with a F2P model seems backwards to me. You would think they would charge more since they are allowing people to play the game for free.
It looks to me like they will be lowering the zombie outfit (which is currently 800 CP) but raising the others.

Wouldn't be shocked if costumes run between 320 and 480CP across the board in the new model instead of 280. It will be less than the minimum C-Store C-Point purchase to keep you buying more, urged on by that spare change you have leftover. It will be more than it is now, to get Cryptic's money's worth out of silver FTP players and get subbers/lifers tempted to pony up for additional C-Points, in spite of their stipend.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-22-2011, 09:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt.William2 View Post
I say we see a beta for STO F2P in six months.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-22-2011, 10:17 AM
"Bridge to Chakotay - Scorpion."

I love the way that CO's F2P conversion earned the approval of existing subscribers with the 400 point stipend.

And now, three days before launch, we suddenly discover that 400 points may not be worth as much as they used to be. Artificial inflation.

And before the apologists descend to claim the prices are 'being equalized' and not 'increasing'; why would the announcement be worded this way if prices weren't going up?
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-22-2011, 10:27 AM
Quote:
i know this is a discussion for STO going F2P, but i still wonder how people would react if STO didn't go F2P anywhere near their predictions? (and i mean people who are beyond convinced that this will happen)
i don't know about anyone else, but i'd pay to see those reactions
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-22-2011, 10:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trek17
i know this is a discussion for STO going F2P, but i still wonder how people would react if STO didn't go F2P anywhere near their predictions? (and i mean people who are beyond convinced that this will happen)
I'll be shocked if it doesn't.
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-22-2011, 10:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trek17
Hmm, this sounds like a slight case of masochism to me. I'd pay to see the reaction you have if it does go F2P in the predicted time-frame.