Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Closed Thread

Lt. Commander
# 21
01-22-2011, 10:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
Wait a sec, what are you saying exactly? That KILLING bothers you, or killing things that LOOK like you? Either way, you do the exact same thing as a Fed. Roms look alot like humans, and you kill plenty of them.
Nah... not really, maybe I just expressed wrongly. I just think most players play for a side with who's ideas they can match. Klingons are dumb as hell, smelly, agressive and arrogant and their gameplay is based solely on "waaaaaaagh kill da enemies" - almost like denizens of Bronx or Compton, so... no, thanks.
Lt. Commander
# 22
01-22-2011, 10:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Everitt.Cage View Post
Klingons dont need remastered episodes, they need new episodes. No matter how much you remaster them, 8 KDF episodes is still only 8 KDF episodes. Once they have a few dozen, maybe then they can worry about going back and polishing them up.
Right there i will quote you, made t red to
Lt. Commander
# 23
01-22-2011, 10:58 AM
As the old saying goes, actions speak louder than words. Every time the Devs seem to be making progress, they go and do something silly like this. I'm sorry Devs, but making new content is more important than going back and spending time reworking existing content, especially when that existing content already works just fine. If this were a simple matter of new Fed content coming before new KDF content, I could at least understand that because more people play Feds. However, the Devs are basically saying that going back and redoing content that the Feds already have is more important than making new KDF content, and that is just sad.
Lt. Commander
# 24
01-22-2011, 11:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matunus
Right there i will quote you, made t red to
That post said nothing about new FED episodes, like you claimed I said in your last post.
Lt. Commander
# 25
01-22-2011, 11:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philoso_Raptor
As the old saying goes, actions speak louder than words. Every time the Devs seem to be making progress, they go and do something silly like this. I'm sorry Devs, but making new content is more important than going back and spending time reworking existing content, especially when that existing content already works just fine. If this were a simple matter of new Fed content coming before new KDF content, I could at least understand that because more people play Feds. However, the Devs are basically saying that going back and redoing content that the Feds already have is more important than making new KDF content, and that is just sad.
What you fail to realize is this is new content that will benefit both sides, but because isnt what you thought that they should be working on it is wrong??? that makes no sense.
Lt. Commander
# 26
01-22-2011, 11:05 AM
Quote:
Wait a sec, what are you saying exactly? That KILLING bothers you, or killing things that LOOK like you? Either way, you do the exact same thing as a Fed. Roms look alot like humans, and you kill plenty of them.
Edit: The Grand Nagus is right. If you feel uncomfortable with killing humans, you shouldn't play STO to begin with. There are many humanoid species in STO that closely resemble humans. Shouldn't you feel uncomfortable with killing these, too? Also, if you understand Federation principles, all life should be valued equally. One race isn't worth preserving more than the next, only because it looks less human.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trek17
jacksparrowjive55, just relax a little

the devs have said that they would work on klingon AND federation content at the same time, and that they wouldn't stop working on one side. Ever.

the klingon faction will be finished in time, and in the meantime, the federation is still the biggest percentage of the player base (we can't deny that, even though i'm gonna play a klingon character as soon as i get a lifeime subscription, along with a federation character)
Sparrow, this complaining isn't fair to the Devs who started the Federation much sooner than the KDF. The two factions are at two very different points of progression. One had a head start; the other didn't. Chill out man. The Devs will crank out more KDF content very shortly.
Lt. Commander
# 27
01-22-2011, 11:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FarsightFrostwhisper
Nah... not really, maybe I just expressed wrongly. I just think most players play for a side with who's ideas they can match. Klingons are dumb as hell, smelly, agressive and arrogant and their gameplay is based solely on "waaaaaaagh kill da enemies" - almost like denizens of Bronx or Compton, so... no, thanks.
Every post you make makes it seem more like you have never played this game. Both Fed AND Klingon missions are BOTH 90% killing. Unfortunately the Feds are just as "waaaah kill da enemies" as the Klingons in this game.
Lt. Commander
# 28
01-22-2011, 11:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Everitt.Cage View Post
That post said nothing about new FED episodes, like you claimed I said in your last post.
Look at the title of this thread the op turned something that is meant for both sides into something that he is claiming is for fed only it is not, this new content is for both sides not just fed so kdf is getting new content so you argument has no merit because kdf is getting new content. just not what you think they should get.
Lt. Commander
# 29
01-22-2011, 11:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matunus
Look at the title of this thread the op turned something that is meant for both sides into something that he is claiming is for fed only it is not, this new content is for both sides not just fed so kdf is getting new content so you argument has no merit because kdf is getting new content. just not what you think they should get.
What do you mean "meant for both sides"? Only 1 Fed episode has been remastered thus far, and it is not playable by Klingons.
Lt. Commander
# 30
01-22-2011, 11:11 AM
Quote:
What do you mean "meant for both sides"? Only 1 Fed episode has been remastered thus far, and it is not playable by Klingons.
You have to start somewhere don't you so they picked the oldest mission in game to test this on. I am not looking at this as a kdf/fed thing but as a new content for game and it makes sense to test it on one of the oldest missions in game, before you make it game wide after all it is tribble.
Closed Thread