Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Closed Thread

Lt. Commander
# 371
01-28-2011, 06:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AuntKathy
Unfortunately, I did read most of this thread. I saw a lot of good points (proponents and opponents alike). I saw a lot of dumb ones (again equally divided).

I will, however, agree with a sentiment made on page 28 of the thread. This one has run its course. It is now rehashing the same arguments made in other threads and, more often than not, ones made within the same thread (often times by the same individuals).

I'm all for sharing ideas and opinions. However, turning one thread into the "catch all" thread doesn't seem to be garnering the same traction that it would in much more specific issue centric threads. Currently, this thread sounds more like one imagines a very badly run self-help therapy session would rather than offering new insight, perspective, or useful contributions.

Understand that threads in forums are about focusing on, debating, and discussing specific points (otherwise, 'threads' would not exist and it would just be an unending torrent attached to a single post). It isn't intended to be a place to post anything and everything that comes to mind unrelated to the thread in the thread.

The original issue of insufficient content for the KDF has been acknowledged by dstahl. Rehashing the same points made over and over again is not productive. Let this thread die the death it deserves and move on to new ones with more specific focus and suggestions on the ideas you'd like to see introduced or changed in game.
The original point was a mistaken point regarding a much bigger issue. It then evolved into a discussion on how to fix it until people started coming in here telling us to shut up.
Lt. Commander
# 372
01-28-2011, 06:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
Ok, well what about 12% of each update be Klingon exclusive then? That way the vast majority of time is still spent developing Fed/universal content. Are you saying your opposed to Klingons getting a limited amount of exclusive attention, proportionate to the small number of people that play?
My point, Nagus, is that I, as a primarily Klingon player, benefit more from universal episodes than from Klingon specific levelling episodes.

If next week, Cryptic releases five Klingon-specific, Commander level episodes, I'll rip through them (overpowering them) on my three max rank Klingons, and then if and when I level another alt, I'll go through them for the fourth, fifth, whatever time.

If next week, Cryptic releases five Universal episodes, I can play them at max level on my max level Klingon toons and get interesting new gear. I can play them on my max level Fed alts. I can play them on my Commander level future Klingon alts (or at whatever other level I choose). I can play them on future Federation alts.

That's what makes the demand silly. Its me as a player demanding that I receive less from Cryptic. Klingon players benefit more from universal content.
Lt. Commander
# 373
01-28-2011, 06:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterMiracle View Post
My point, Nagus, is that I, as a primarily Klingon player, benefit more from universal episodes than from Klingon specific levelling episodes.

If next week, Cryptic releases five Klingon-specific, Commander level episodes, I'll rip through them (overpowering them) on my three max rank Klingons, and then if and when I level another alt, I'll go through them for the fourth, fifth, whatever time.

If next week, Cryptic releases five Universal episodes, I can play them at max level on my max level Klingon toons and get interesting new gear. I can play them on my max level Fed alts. I can play them on my Commander level future Klingon alts (or at whatever other level I choose). I can play them on future Federation alts.

That's what makes the demand silly. Its me as a player demanding that I receive less from Cryptic. Klingon players benefit more from universal content.
would be handy for new klingons though.
Lt. Commander
# 374
01-28-2011, 06:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inquizitor View Post
Aren't we told time and time again that Fun isn't take a backseat? Klingon Play isn't that much fun. It's dry.
I think this is the core of the problem.

Klingon gameplay at max level, and Federation gameplay at max level, are identical. Identical.

We all have max level toons. We're all vaguely bored because there isn't a strong endgame.

Klingon players tend to blame their boredom on the smaller size of the Klingon faction.

But the irony is, the more time Cryptic wastes making Klingon exclusive low level content, the less time they're spending working on a functioning endgame. So you're not solving the real problem.
Lt. Commander
# 375
01-28-2011, 06:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by P_Sutherland
would be handy for new klingons though.
New Klingons can also play the universal missions at low levels. Whether a mission is universal or Klingon specific makes no difference to them.
Lt. Commander
# 376
01-28-2011, 06:53 PM
Quote:
We all have max level toons. We're all vaguely bored because there isn't a strong endgame.
Actually, Dan recently stated that the MAJORITY of players are NOT max level:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dstahl View Post
You might remember my recent comments after the first featured episode series where I talked about how only half of the active players could even play them because the other half of active players were below the level 12 requirement. This is why the most recent featured episodes have reduced the min level requirement to 6, and I still think that is too high but we have to keep things fair since KLG characters start at level 5.
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...53#post3281353

Quote:
Originally Posted by dstahl View Post
I'm inclined to think this is ok and helps the vast majority of players who have never made it to Captain rank or higher. (yes I said VAST majority and I mean it). Not everyone is a Vice Admiral nor does everyone who plays Star Trek online have hours upon hours to play the game. .
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...38#post3279938
Lt. Commander
# 377
01-28-2011, 06:53 PM
Quote:
I think this is the core of the problem.

Klingon gameplay at max level, and Federation gameplay at max level, are identical. Identical.

Klingon players tend to blame their boredom on the smaller size of the Klingon faction.

But the irony is, the more time Cryptic wastes making Klingon exclusive low level content, the less time they're spending working on a functioning endgame. So you're not solving the real problem.
We all? I am not max level. Fed side I'm half a level away from max. Klingon side I'm LC 5 I think.

Regardless, how would that not solve the problem. They aren't identical. The Federation players can go back and replay at max level all of their old missions for loot that is at their level. Klingons can to for the few we have but don't even start trying to tell me there is some sort of parity there. Hell to dip back into the OP of this entire thread for a moment. Now they can go back and play a completely remasters mission for new badges and content as well.
Lt. Commander
# 378
01-28-2011, 06:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inquizitor View Post
We all? I am not max level. Fed side I'm half a level away from max. Klingon side I'm LC 5 I think.
You'll see that they're identical when you get there. Trust me. Going back and doing the same episodes for the 18th times, whether through episode replay or through alt #18, is not the 'answer' to a lack of endgame.
Lt. Commander
# 379
01-28-2011, 06:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
Actually, Dan recently stated that the MAJORITY of players are NOT max level.
I was talking about the people posting on the forums about content. Not the playerbase as a whole.

Do you disagree with my point, that bored endgame Klingons tend to attribute their boredom to their faction, more than Feds do?
Lt. Commander
# 380
01-28-2011, 06:58 PM
Quote:
You'll see that they're identical when you get there. Trust me. Going back and doing the same episodes for the 18th times, whether through episode replay or through alt #18, is not the 'answer' to a lack of endgame.
Yet it is supposedly the answer for the rest of the game.
Closed Thread