Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Closed Thread

Lt. Commander
# 31
01-22-2011, 11:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matunus
You have to start somewhere don't you so they picked the oldest mission in game to test this on.
Your definitely right about having to start somewhere, although they could have picked one of the upcoming featured episodes that would be playable by both factions instead of going back and redoing an episode that is playable by just one.
Lt. Commander
# 32
01-22-2011, 11:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FarsightFrostwhisper
Nah... not really, maybe I just expressed wrongly. I just think most players play for a side with who's ideas they can match. Klingons are dumb as hell, smelly, agressive and arrogant and their gameplay is based solely on "waaaaaaagh kill da enemies" - almost like denizens of Bronx or Compton, so... no, thanks.
Sounds like a fantastic argument for you personally to chose to not play a Klingon.

Using this argument so that those who enjoy it, should not have the same in depth gaming experience as you do playing a fed is just plain terrible.
Lt. Commander
# 33
01-22-2011, 11:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
Your definitely right about having to start somewhere, although they could have picked one of the upcoming featured episodes that would be playable by both factions instead of going back and redoing an episode that is playable by just one.
I think its smart to test on a established mission then on something new coming outa that gate.
Lt. Commander
# 34
01-22-2011, 11:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matunus
I think its smart to test on a established mission then on something new coming outa that gate.
Just for fun, why is that exactly?
Lt. Commander
# 35
01-22-2011, 11:21 AM
The important thing, IMHO, is for Klingons to have a full PvE progression path and Featured Episodes do that. As long as there are enough Featured Episodes to level a Klingon all the way up, what difference does it make if the tallies are equal?

Pretty sure THAT is Cryptic's priority, not perfect equality. Maybe I'm wrong. The last time I remember a dev comment on it, they said the goal was a full Klingon PvE path, not equal missions. Most folks ignored that statement and, as is often the case, the biggest disappointments in this game come when people read what they want to rather than reading the simplest and most unforgiving interpretation of what's actually said.
Lt. Commander
# 36
01-22-2011, 11:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathan99
The important thing, IMHO, is for Klingons to have a full PvE progression path and Featured Episodes do that. As long as there are enough Featured Episodes to level a Klingon all the way up, what difference does it make if the tallies are equal?

Pretty sure THAT is Cryptic's priority, not perfect equality. Maybe I'm wrong. The last time I remember a dev comment on it, they said the goal was a full Klingon PvE path, not equal missions. Most folks ignored that statement and, as is often the case, the biggest disappointments in this game come when people read what they want to rather than reading the simplest and most unforgiving interpretation of what's actually said.
Yep, your right on. I think the point of this thread, however, is that that is what they should be focusing on rather than going back and spending time reworking existing single faction content.
Lt. Commander
# 37
01-22-2011, 11:24 AM
Quote:
Just for fun, why is that exactly?
To see if old missions can be improved to the point that new players find them interesting, and so veterans want to replay them? Add that to the fact that the Azura mission is part of the demo. You of all people should know....its good markekting sense
Lt. Commander
# 38
01-22-2011, 11:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DLRevan View Post
To see if old missions can be improved to the point that new players find them interesting, and so veterans want to replay them? Add that to the fact that the Azura mission is part of the demo. You of all people should know....its good markekting sense
Sadly, I cannot say that the first remastered episode was an improvement. You can read why here:

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...52#post3298352
Lt. Commander
# 39
01-22-2011, 11:31 AM
Quote:
Wait a sec, what are you saying exactly? That KILLING bothers you, or killing things that LOOK like you? Either way, you do the exact same thing as a Fed. Roms look alot like humans, and you kill plenty of them.
*cough*TerranEmpire*cough*
Lt. Commander
# 40
01-22-2011, 11:35 AM
I love the idea of class specific content, the more the better... we should have had it from the start. But I also agree that the dev's priorities seem a little off. Between all the junk and fluff they keep adding to the c-store, most of which have no place whatsoever in the time frame for the game, and is ridiculously over priced, redesigning space stations, and remastering current missions... I seriously wonder if we are ever going to see more KDF content or the addition of endgame/high level SF content.
Closed Thread