Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Closed Thread

Lt. Commander
# 391
01-28-2011, 09:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CmdrNightfire
So your idea is we should not have faction specific content at all? Feds low level missions should be open to everyone too by that reckoning.

I have to agree with the other guy, alot of the time the content isnt fitting to Klingons, and its jarring. If Klingons have their own missions it increases the fun level because like in the ones we have already like "The house always wins" the missions are fitting to Klingons and more immersive, just as Fed only missions are to them.
what he said ^^
Lt. Commander
# 392
01-29-2011, 12:49 AM
I can live with the universal content, I don't need to have every second NPC spout off about Honor and the klingon way, but hey I play an Orion so w/e
Lt. Commander
# 393
01-29-2011, 11:22 AM
for your viewing pleasure a post by gozer he just made, that suggests we are getting some more klingon only patrol missions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryptic_Gozer
The Pi-Canis mission optional objectives are geared toward Tactical ships... I won't be changing that. I expect that they will be harder if you try to solo them in something other than a BOP or Raptor.

The next set of KDF patrol missions I make I will gear the optionals toward cruisers and carriers, and then the set after that to science... when all three sets are finally done, you'll have three different sectors to choose from. The optional objectives and daily Path mission in each sector will be more taliored.

It's the only way I can give you challenging content without taking something away from other players.

So if perfer Tactical ships - go to Pi Canis
Crusiers or Carriers - Sector - XXX
Science - Sector - yyy

no info on dates or times but its at least nice to know there is more klink stuff in the pipeline.
Lt. Commander
# 394
01-29-2011, 01:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Revo
for your viewing pleasure a post by gozer he just made, that suggests we are getting some more klingon only patrol missions.

no info on dates or times but its at least nice to know there is more klink stuff in the pipeline.
I personally would think the Optional stuff in Pi Canis would be more Science geared. Jamming. I dunno.

More Patrols. I'm still interested to know what the devs think of the Contest idea. I really think this would be a good way to get Klingons caught up quickly in just raw content.
Lt. Commander
# 395
01-29-2011, 03:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inquizitor View Post
I personally would think the Optional stuff in Pi Canis would be more Science geared. Jamming. I dunno.

More Patrols. I'm still interested to know what the devs think of the Contest idea. I really think this would be a good way to get Klingons caught up quickly in just raw content.
indeed... 30 odd missions would be enough to even out the PVE stuff. obvoiusly they might want to focus on something... so they could give us a rought idea what they want us make them on ... Ie..

Federation Front
[Lvl 6 - Federation enemy... XXX system.. plot: Defend the Klingon outposts from Federation attackers]
[Lvl 7 - Federation enemy.... XXX system.. plot: Destroy the merchant ships and capture the senior fed officer.]

Romulan Front
[Lvl 28 - Romulan enemy.... XXX system.. plot: Admiral Zelle returns.]

Homefront
[[Lvl 34 - Fek'lhr enemy .... XXX system.. plot: something to do with fighting the Fek'lhr]
[Lvl 35 - Alliance enemy.... XXX system.. plot: Destroy the Honourless Klingons from the MU]
Lt. Commander
# 396
01-29-2011, 04:12 PM
I think that most of the content should've been universal from the start, and your faction would determine the style of play more than anything else. Right now, playing as a Fed feels an awful lot like how I would expect a Klingon mission to be: fly in, kill everything that moves, leave.

The Federation side should be much more involved with talking your way through things, solving puzzles, and/or disabling ships rather than blowing them up. The Klingon side should be the aggressive, attack first and ask questions later side. When they get in, the Romulans should be the sneak around and backstab people style side. etc.
Lt. Commander
# 397
01-29-2011, 04:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LotD
I think that most of the content should've been universal from the start, and your faction would determine the style of play more than anything else. Right now, playing as a Fed feels an awful lot like how I would expect a Klingon mission to be: fly in, kill everything that moves, leave.

The Federation side should be much more involved with talking your way through things, solving puzzles, and/or disabling ships rather than blowing them up. The Klingon side should be the aggressive, attack first and ask questions later side. When they get in, the Romulans should be the sneak around and backstab people style side. etc.
It was a great idea for them to make the quest scale to your level. It gives you more freedom to play the game how you choose. I'm not a big fan of the universal content. The weeklies I did with my KDF just seemed like Federation quest I could do with my Nausicaan.

Like you I want them to be more aggressive with the Klingon faction feeling different. A lot of us didn't want the other factions just to be different skins. That's the way the weeklies make me feel.
Lt. Commander
# 398
01-29-2011, 07:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CmdrNightfire
So your idea is we should not have faction specific content at all? Feds low level missions should be open to everyone too by that reckoning.
Well, think about it. B'vat is a renegade from the Council conducting experiments related to the Klingon's greatest historical shame. Why the hell isn't there a way to do that arc from the Klingon side?

And if you go back on these boards, I was one of the first people to pop up and point out that the Klingon options on the early Feature episodes wasn't very fitting. Since then they've been doing a much, much better job of putting in exclusively Klingon options to resolve situations, etc.

I'll ask a crazy question. Since Cryptic now has the technology to make these episodes scale with level, etc. why have a 'levelling path'? Why not just have a big pool of missions with faction appropriate tweeks that any player can do in any particular order they like?
Lt. Commander
# 399
01-30-2011, 02:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren_Kitlor
Let's do that. Let's get the Klingons organized.

Let's show the devs the types of storylines we'd like to see and the themes we'd like to explore. Let's really rally and push behind something that makes the KDF standout.
.. in eight missions or less per account.

.. or have they fixed that yet?
Lt. Commander
# 400
01-30-2011, 04:13 PM
*Crystal Ball On*

Ya wanna know the truth? I think they're currently working on Klingon content that will overlap the Romulan expansion that will come out next summer and in doing so add a great deal of content to the klingons I do however think that you'll have to pay to access at least some of that content as part of the Romulan Expansion...

*Crystal Ball Off*
Closed Thread