Lt. Commander
# 11
01-23-2011, 07:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chessie5882 View Post
Being one that has made real Klingon costumes for convetions and such, theres more to this.
Rank is worn on ones collar One pin denotes service branch , navy or marines and the other rank.
Sashes are a symbol of ones house and can be used to display awards and medals.
Commander Kruge's "stole" is properly refered to as a Battle Cloak. For example on my real uniform
on the right side of my collar armor would be the service branch in my case Klingon Navy, and on the left my rank in that case commander. For reference go to the site Klingonspace many examples of accurate
costumes are there. And yes there are alot of variations. My pics are there too.
anyone interested in learning more about Klingons should join the club I'm a member of
The Klingon Assault Group. We do conventions, community events and such. And we even have a webpage on which to learn the Klingon Language.

Qapla' batlh je!
Marok
Hey, you make these things for real? Always nice to meet someone who has some creative talent. I'll be sure to check out the pics.

Lt. Commander
# 12
02-14-2011, 10:53 AM
Thanks to this link provided by Admiral Dr. Leonard McCoy, I think there is enough evidence that rank and sash are not related...

http://www.fastcopyinc.com/orionpres...n_uniforms.htm

It would be nice to see these rank pins, even if they were only added onto the various sashes.
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-14-2011, 11:12 AM
Quote:
Being one that has made real Klingon costumes for convetions and such, theres more to this.
Rank is worn on ones collar One pin denotes service branch , navy or marines and the other rank.
Sashes are a symbol of ones house and can be used to display awards and medals.
Commander Kruge's "stole" is properly refered to as a Battle Cloak. For example on my real uniform
on the right side of my collar armor would be the service branch in my case Klingon Navy, and on the left my rank in that case commander. For reference go to the site Klingonspace many examples of accurate
costumes are there. And yes there are alot of variations. My pics are there too.
anyone interested in learning more about Klingons should join the club I'm a member of
The Klingon Assault Group. We do conventions, community events and such. And we even have a webpage on which to learn the Klingon Language.

Qapla' batlh je!
Marok
Sounds good to me, I like the idea of sashes being more useful for house(fleet) designation and medals.
Are you going to be at Dragoncon this year?
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-17-2011, 08:29 AM
Hi Roach,

No I could not make Dragoncon this year. However I will be doing several events in Chicago time permitting the KAG ship I'm a member of the IKV Emperor's Hand is based there. We will be quite busy with at least 3 cons as well as helping support the play "A Klingon Christmas Carol" when it returns in late November.
It's done entirely in Klingon.

We have a meeting coming up soon to dicuss costuming and props.

To answer the question about sashes they are not hard to make at all and you can sometimes find them on
Ebay and there are also craft groups within KAG that make things like armor, cloaks, sashes and more for fellow warriors. We call those folks Quartermasters. You can even get prosthetic ridges and so on
for examples please look at my pics on Klingonspace. I use my toons name Marok there as well.

Qapla Batlh je!

Marok
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-17-2011, 08:32 AM
Varrangian,

I agree some pins and medals would be nice as well,

Such as:

The order of the bat'leth

house symbols (ones you can choose)

Klingon tri-foil

there's many more it would be nice to have these.
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-17-2011, 09:27 AM
[quote]
Quote:
Hi Roach,

No I could not make Dragoncon this year. However I will be doing several events in Chicago time permitting the KAG ship I'm a member of the IKV Emperor's Hand is based there. We will be quite busy with at least 3 cons as well as helping support the play "A Klingon Christmas Carol" when it returns in late November.
It's done entirely in Klingon.
If you andf yors tape said play, I would like a copy. (paying for it is fine as I want no free rides)

Quote:
To answer the question about sashes they are not hard to make at all and you can sometimes find them on
Ebay and there are also craft groups within KAG that make things like armor, cloaks, sashes and more for fellow warriors. We call those folks Quartermasters. You can even get prosthetic ridges and so on
for examples please look at my pics on Klingonspace. I use my toons name Marok there as well.
Unfortunately I am allergic to spirit gum to be able to use the prosthetic, my family will not let me under go surgery (haha) and I am unwilling to go as a TOS klingon.
Thanks for the info and I have added your website to my faves.
If you do ever find yourself at DragonCon, I'm the crazy caucasian partying with the Klingons.

wIj lIjtuq reH ghaj quv

Roach
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-17-2011, 04:15 PM
The good news is there was of a tape or DVD of the play coming out, we just don't know when.

Not everyone uses spirit gum. For those that cannot there are rubber prosthetics that you simply wear
like a cap. I met a warrior from Canada who was allergic to the same so he simply wears a custom made
rubber set of ridges over his head that has hair atached. TOS klingons are ok as well.
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-18-2011, 04:50 AM
Quote:
Varrangian,

I agree some pins and medals would be nice as well,

Such as:

The order of the bat'leth

house symbols (ones you can choose)

Klingon tri-foil

there's many more it would be nice to have these.
These do sound nice...perhaps instead of them adding new sashes to the game they could just allow us to customize what we place on the sash....that would go far in placating some people would it not?
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-18-2011, 11:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleTerribleRomulan
These do sound nice...perhaps instead of them adding new sashes to the game they could just allow us to customize what we place on the sash....that would go far in placating some people would it not?
While I would live with the above solution, I do have a problem with this idea that sash = rank. It clearly doesn't in canon and that's annoying.
Lt. Commander
# 20
02-18-2011, 11:47 AM
It would be very nice indeed if one could place a fleet emblem on the sash, instead of the sleeve as a token of one's house. It would also be very nice if people could design house insignia.