Lt. Commander
# 11
01-22-2011, 06:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
From my understanding of what I read, the "more like Trek" request has to do with not killing every single thing you come across, not adding awkward angled cinematics and class objectives that make certain classes ignore sick people(a very "un Trek" thing, if I say so myself). In short, I dont think what you just said has anything to do with my post that you quoted.
Except those cutscenes and the optional objectives reinforce the IP.

As an engineer, I stopped the Azura from blowing up (something a science officer might not be able to do). It made it more Trek-like as well as helped increase the influence a player has over the outcome (instead of a linear one).

Awkward cutscenes in the rough draft (azura had more changes from Gozer that weren't updated) really doesn't speak to the higher quality of the mission compared to before.
Lt. Commander
# 12
01-22-2011, 06:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren_Kitlor
As an engineer, I stopped the Azura from blowing up (something a science officer might not be able to do). It made it more Trek-like as well as helped increase the influence a player has over the outcome (instead of a linear one).
Your not an "engineer", your a captain. You have a crew made up of engineering officers, tactical offiers, and science offiers. That means if you dont personally have a certain skill in those fields, they do. I dont remember Picard or Kirk ever saying "sorry, I cant help you, thats not my class". That doesnt reinforce the IP, it contradicts it.
Lt. Commander
# 13
01-22-2011, 06:33 PM
Quote:
Your not an "engineer", your a captain. You have a crew made up of engineering officers, tactical offiers, and science offiers. I dont remember Picard or Kirk ever saying "sorry, I cant help you, thats not my class". That doesnt reinforce the IP, it contradicts it.
One Thing.... just one thing and you've gone all Jack-Sparrowish, Nagus???

I didn't like the ending for the TAC Captain's either...but I'm not gonna condem the whole effort.

Instead, I'm gonna keep harping (nicely) about it till Gozer gets tired of listening and completely ignores me or he alters it just a bit so the TAC Captains can at the very least, beam all the crew (dead or alive) out at the last moment.

Then everybody can get the "No Accolade Necessary" Accolade.
Lt. Commander
# 14
01-22-2011, 06:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveyNY View Post
One Thing.... just one thing and you've gone all Jack-Sparrowish, Nagus???

I didn't like the ending for the TAC Captain's either...but I'm not gonna condem the whole effort.

Instead, I'm gonna keep harping (nicely) about it till Gozer gets tired of listening and completely ignores me or he alters it just a bit so the TAC Captains can at the very least, beam all the crew (dead or alive) out at the last moment.

Then everybody can get the "No Accolade Necessary" Accolade.
Excuse me, but I havent said anything inappropriate in my posts. If you disagree with me thats fine, but I would appreciate it if you respond to the points I make rather than trying to make this a personal issue.
Lt. Commander
# 15
01-22-2011, 06:39 PM
Quote:
Your not an "engineer", your a captain. You have a crew made up of engineering officers, tactical offiers, and science offiers. That means if you dont personally have a certain skill in those fields, they do. I dont remember Picard or Kirk ever saying "sorry, I cant help you, thats not my class". That doesnt reinforce the IP, it contradicts it.
You're a Lt. Engineer leading a bunch of ensigns. Or in your case, a Lt. Tactical officer. Sure, you're in command of a ship but you're a Lt.

Overall, these cut scenes are a good thing, IMHO, as are the transporter room bits. I'm sorry that you don't think so but you seem to have a fringe perspective on this topic.
Lt. Commander
# 16
01-22-2011, 06:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathan99
You're a Lt. Engineer leading a bunch of ensigns. Or in your case, a Lt. Tactical officer. Sure, you're in command of a ship but you're a Lt.

Overall, these cut scenes are a good thing, IMHO, as are the transporter room bits. I'm sorry that you don't think so but you seem to have a fringe perspective on this topic.
If the cutscenes can be polished to look better then fine. But that has nothing to do with the blatant contradiction of the shows and movies of a starfleet captain leaving sick people to die, regardless of what their training was at the academy.
Lt. Commander
# 17
01-22-2011, 06:53 PM
Quote:
STO's low ratings have NOTHING to do with the current missions. It has to do with 3 main issues: 1) ground combat not being designed well, 2) one of its factions having very little content, and 3) not much of an end game. I have not read ONE review of STO that said "they really need to re-do this specific mission".
I gotta admit I like the new remastered stuff.

However........... QFT!!!

I'll one up ya.

(4) exploration space.
Lt. Commander
# 18
01-22-2011, 07:03 PM
Quote:
If the cutscenes can be polished to look better then fine. But that has nothing to do with the blatant contradiction of the shows and movies of a starfleet captain leaving sick people to die, regardless of what their training was at the academy.
How many Star Trek shows have you seen where the commanding officer is a freshly promoted lieutenant?

I'm all for the idea that we're not really cut out for the job when we take command. It's more dramatic.
Lt. Commander
# 19
01-22-2011, 07:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathan99
How many Star Trek shows have you seen where the commanding officer is a freshly promoted lieutenant?

I'm all for the idea that we're not really cut out for the job when we take command. It's more dramatic.
Your talking about training, I'm talking about basic morality. The second really has nothing to do with the first.
Lt. Commander
# 20
01-22-2011, 07:15 PM
If my Science Officer (a commander) could complete some of the objectives, ti would be great.

That's not much of a criticism: it can be easily remedied and even the status quo on tribble means branching mission structures.