Quote:
No servant of the Emperor shall fall if I can help it
Quote:
"Death or healing... I care not which you seek."
I need a soundboard xD
Lt. Commander
# 12
01-23-2011, 01:14 AM
Science for me, specifically medic spec. I generally don't play healer classes in MMOs, but I really like it here. Being a dual wielding doctor just works for me.

Also I can tell people that I'm a doctor not a <insert random job>. Do like.
Lt. Commander
# 13
01-23-2011, 01:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lantesh View Post
Science for me, specifically medic spec. I generally don't play healer classes in MMOs, but I really like it here. Being a dual wielding doctor just works for me.

Also I can tell people that I'm a doctor not a <insert random job>. Do like.
My personal aim is to emulate the Apothecary from DOW. but yea i love being medic. that and geo.
Lt. Commander
# 14
01-23-2011, 03:18 AM
Call me a contrarian but I like engineers: pets, off-heals, off-expose.

The only bad part about engineers is orbital strike.
Lt. Commander
# 15
01-23-2011, 03:20 AM
I dunno about that, orbital strike sucks sure... but transphasic bombs are less reliable than our government, chroniton mines never seemed to do anything when I or my bo's used them, and equipment diagnostics/quick fix seemed pretty useless too.
Lt. Commander
# 16
01-23-2011, 03:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Telbasta
I dunno about that, orbital strike sucks sure... but transphasic bombs are less reliable than our government, chroniton mines never seemed to do anything when I or my bo's used them, and equipment diagnostics/quick fix seemed pretty useless too.
Which is why I either go with Bunker Fabrication or the one with all drones/quantum mortars.
Lt. Commander
# 17
01-23-2011, 03:43 AM
Ground: Tactical captain

Space: Science ship.
Lt. Commander
# 18
01-23-2011, 04:32 AM
i can tell you that i like science the least

tactical i like on ground (close combat kit + Bat'leth... oh yeah!)

Engineer i like in space the most... for the true Enterprise Ships and because they can suck up all the damage, they only could use a little more firepower at times (especially more Torpedos!, and maybe some 360 beam turrets)

*votes Engineer*
Lt. Commander
# 19
01-23-2011, 04:48 AM
Engineer by far. which is funny since i only play my FED science atm but i intend to make a romulan engineer when that faction comes out in the future.
Lt. Commander
# 20
01-23-2011, 06:24 AM
I play and enjoy all the career paths.

Only complaint I have with any of them is the Engineering abilities Orbital Strike and Cover Shield.

Cover Shield takes far too much time to trigger. Before it manages to activate you can pretty much always run to natural cover on your own. It's activation time just makes it pointless and it in no way compares with a PBAoE expose/placate nor a resistance debuff that's downtime equals it's uptime.

Orbital Strike is, quite simply, the worst power in the game. If you're in dire need of mood lighting it's quicker and easier to use the scan button, and it's basically just as effective in a fight (which is to say; not at all). It does garbage damage, even compared to hand weapons. It has a lengthy cool down, it has a prohibitively long queue up time and a massive tell letting everyone know they should move. Although it's an Exploit attack the Exploit damage it does is based off it's base damage so that essentially you're generally still doing less damage than most standard non-exploit attacks. It in no way compares to Security Team and Nanoprobe Infestation.

Luckily the Engineer has other skills and abilities to fall back on, but they're the only ones with innate abilities which are just flat out garbage.