Lt. Commander
# 1 Scot Looking To Join Up
01-07-2011, 12:05 PM
Hi folks. I just started playing a week ago so I'm still learning, although I've picked up a fair bit already. As it looks like I'll be Lieutenant Commander soon I figured that this would be a good time to join a fleet.

I'm running as a science officer with my first character. Chances are I'll try each type over time.

I can put in a fair few hours each week, and am happy to do so.

What I'm looking for? A fleet that primarily want to use their organisation to enhance the game experience and, needless to say, have fun. Er, if saying that was needless then why did I? Answers on a postcard please.

With so little experience of the game I can't say what aspects of it I might want to be involved in most but if the fleet requires my presence in any particular capacity, I'll be happy to oblige.

I'd prefer a fleet that's more easygoing than rigid. I'm more than willing to commit my time and do my part but offline life does have a habit of getting in the way sometimes. If STO not being the primary consideration in my life is a problem, then I doubt I'd fit in.

As a fan of all things Trek, I want this game to add to that enjoyment. If I can help do the same for others then I can say, 'job well done'. What goes around comes around, you know?

I'm based in Scotland, in case timezones are an issue.

Peace and long life.

The Black Douglas (or Chris, if you prefer)
Lt. Commander
Good afternoon. Actually it would be "Good evening" for your part of the world. I hope you will take a moment and consider the Vulcan Kolinahr Fleet. We are a small but great and growing fleet. We are easy going, dedicated and friendly. We all come from different backgrounds and have different ways of doing things, but thatís part of what makes us great.

Anyone in our fleet is happy to help others when needed, in almost any aspect of the game and in some cases RL. We have a fleet TeamSpeak3 server that we use for voice chat not just in-game but also to hang out as well and get to know each other better (not required, just available). Many of us are located on the East Coast (USA) and England but we do have members scattered across the globe.

Although I say our fleet is dedicated, we also realize that everyone has lives as well, so therefore when you need to take the time, you don't need to be concerned about losing your position within the fleet due to RLtoo. We do not discriminate against such things because we understand that sometimes real life issues and problems can take time to resolve, and that some time is needed to sort things out.

So please, think about joining and moving with us into 2409 armed with the best Intel, the most specific and targeted body of knowledge about STO, and a group of Fleet-mates who will be there with you in the crunch.

The Vulcan Kolinahr Fleet

Live Long and Prosper!

If you would like additional information on the [VKF] please donít hesitate to contact me or any of our members.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-07-2011, 12:39 PM
Chris, If you are more interested in setting Phasers to Sexy Time and amassing a haremÖ..I mean crew of Orions, then Unrepentant is the place you belong.

We are fleet just like the other fine fleets in STO, but we are also part of the Unrepentant Gaming community. So not only do you get cool new friends that like blowing stuff up and drinking beer, you have groups in all the other major MMOís, Steam games, and even Xbox live.

It has been a great way for me to have fun in STO, but blow off some steam in other games as well.

No set play times, no dues, just fun and friends.

And yes we do have a presence across the pond and are not just a NA group.

Check us out at http://www.unrepentantgaming.org or drop in and say high in game. bazi@CARLOSSPICEYWIENER.
Lt. Commander
# 4 48th Defense Fleet The Warpigs
01-07-2011, 03:17 PM
- Please consider joining the 48th Defense Fleet The Warpigs -

We can help players level up to be able to participate in end game PvE content. We are a small but growing group of players who all love Star Trek and enjoy playing STO together.

For more information about us, please see the FAQs on our website (you can click the link in my signature below). You can also visit our forums at http://www.warpigsmmo.com/. Any other questions please feel free to message me.

Safe flying to you!
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-07-2011, 05:04 PM
I just wanted to take the time to let you know about Shadow Dragon Fleet. We offer 110% percent support to our members; We have a fully functioning website (www.shadowdragonfleet.webs.com) and a ventrilo server. We buy are players any equipment they need, we offer training to all of our members (our academy is run by experienced gamers who have MMO experience and have real life tactical experience and also role play experience) We are casual, knowledgeable, dedicated, very friendly, willing to lend a hand and assist the player in any way possible and we have skilled players that participate in pve and pvp. Shadow Dragon Fleet is also allied with other powerful fleets. opportunities are given to those who work hard. We also have higher positions available so there is plenty of room for advancement

If you have any questions about the fleet feel free to send me a message here, or you can contact me through our site.
Lt. Commander
# 6 =]
01-08-2011, 12:56 AM
Welcome to the forums mate
:-)
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-09-2011, 07:01 AM
Thanks for the invitations folks. I made the mistake of accepting an invitation in-game, and the fleet was new and too small, so I had to leave. I'll have a look at you sites. I'll need the fleet to have a good number of folks in Europe, just for the timezone thing. It's difficult teaming up with people in NA when it's 9pm for them and 2am the next day for me.
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-09-2011, 07:21 AM
hey m8 i'm from glasgow m8 and an original member of the british guards. the guards are an established fleet with a good number of experienced ppl on everyday so u wudnt have a problem finding ppl to team with. its amix of casual and hardcore with sum liking all nighters but hardcore is not a prereq.

feel free to hit me up ingame on @steve316 if u wanna hear a similar accent
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-09-2011, 09:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Black_Douglas
Hi folks. I just started playing a week ago so I'm still learning, although I've picked up a fair bit already. As it looks like I'll be Lieutenant Commander soon I figured that this would be a good time to join a fleet.
Hey Chris

We recruit quite a few members either starting out, or coming back to STO after a long break. You'll find our community is more than willing to help newcomers, and our forums are an active hub for communications and further assistance.

Quote:
I can put in a fair few hours each week, and am happy to do so.
Membership in {UFP} is only dependant on a single roll call each month. This way no matter how busy or free you end up being, your membership is secure upon signing it. We never know when a busy period might hit.

Quote:
What I'm looking for? A fleet that primarily want to use their organisation to enhance the game experience and, needless to say, have fun. Er, if saying that was needless then why did I? Answers on a postcard please.
The {UFP} was founded back in 2002, and those years have taught us a fair deal about how to best manage a fleet and a community. We put high emphasis on volunteers and organised structures, which serve to enhance the gaming, and in fact community experience for all. Plus we're always looking for feedback and proposals.

Quote:
With so little experience of the game I can't say what aspects of it I might want to be involved in most but if the fleet requires my presence in any particular capacity, I'll be happy to oblige.
We hold events of a variety of types (via designated Event Co-ordinators), so I'm sure something will pique your interest. Being a somewhat large fleet allows you to avail yourself of other players who are also levelling up or doing any kind of off the cuff events.

Quote:
I'd prefer a fleet that's more easygoing than rigid. I'm more than willing to commit my time and do my part but offline life does have a habit of getting in the way sometimes. If STO not being the primary consideration in my life is a problem, then I doubt I'd fit in.
Since as mentioned before all we ask is the roll call sign (and we're flexible on this too if the need arises), there really isn't a more easygoing system.

Quote:
As a fan of all things Trek, I want this game to add to that enjoyment. If I can help do the same for others then I can say, 'job well done'. What goes around comes around, you know?
We're always particularly keen to recruit Star Trek fans, as opposed to simply gaming fans, as we like to build on our community aspect as much as our gaming aspect. One of the important elements that has kept us going almost 9 years is our shared affection for Star Trek, and we explore that in a variety of different, and hopefully interesting ways (TeamSpeak games, Podcasts, Trivia Nights, other older PC Star Trek games etc).

Quote:
I'm based in Scotland, in case timezones are an issue.
We have a lot of active members (including myself) based in the UK or Europe, and our busiest times on TeamSpeak are generally the GMT friendly hours, so you certainly won't be alone, and we tend to be on whether gaming or just for a casual chat, which you're welcome to hop in for. (GameTracker shows our TS3 stats: http://www.gametracker.com/server_in...46.93.56:9987/)

If you've any questions feel free to contact me personally, or visit our website at www.ufplanets.com.

Kind Regards,
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-09-2011, 09:55 AM
Attn New Recruit!

Your wanted to join the ranks, and share in all the glory that is Armada Defense Force.

Visit us at the site listed in my signature, and fill out an app or contact one of us in game. We can help you out. (Couple notes though, we are an all adult fleet, 18+, and we like to be laid back and easy going.)

There are times when we RP, but not too much recently. We attempt to run daily STFs, and always assist others in the fleet when needed. We are almost like a family... But more dysfunctional.

Thanks for your time!

R. Adm. Morphinus, SF Division.