Lt. Commander
# 21
01-24-2011, 05:10 AM
Quote:
Alright guys, I am ending this argument. This is an exert from the STO EULA:

3. Restrictions. You may not (and You agree not to permit another person to):

3.7 exploit the Game or any of its parts, including without limitation the client software, for any commercial purpose, including without limitation (a) use at a cyber cafe, computer gaming center or any other location-based site without the express written consent of Cryptic; (b) for gathering in-game currency, items or resources for sale outside the Game; or (c) performing in-game services in exchange for payment outside the Game, e.g., power-leveling;

Thread closed.
I gather from that qoute that its ok to harrass and bug and prevent em from doing that stuff aslong as the bolded part. though the only problem i can think of is them making a "fake " char and letting you report/harrass them and they will point out that they "supposedly" have no bolded part. that being said keep up the good work and be careful. dont go too far or you may end up giving in to the dark side. if you get what im trying to say. that goes to your unnamed compatriots too.
Lt. Commander
# 22
01-24-2011, 05:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post
If they are using exploits like forced faction change or getting more points then normally would be possible, there are good chances he found a real gold farmer...

And if they are a poor Federation or Klingon player... Well, it is still a PvP map.
The faction change is always our final and most effective determinant in declaring one of these accounts a gold farmer, if we catch them doing it (and they ALL do it, it only takes getting blown up a few times by some opportunistic Klingons... Or lethal hunters... ) that is our benchmark for placing them on our Bounty List.

The visual evidence of those faction changes (screenshots FTW) is one of many reasons that we know we're hunting gold farmers... Real players would have reported us for harassment, gold farmers don't want any attention at all, if they can help it (which is why we give them all the 'attention' that they can handle... In the form of epic pew-pew ).

Come out some time and follow us around, we'll show you what they do. Or, we'll point you in the right direction, and let you help your fellow STO-ers to get out from the shadow of gold farmers and exploiters in Ker'rat!
Lt. Commander
# 23
01-24-2011, 05:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigduckie
I gather from that qoute that its ok to harrass and bug and prevent em from doing that stuff aslong as the bolded part. though the only problem i can think of is them making a "fake " char and letting you report/harrass them and they will point out that they "supposedly" have no bolded part. that being said keep up the good work and be careful. dont go too far or you may end up giving in to the dark side. if you get what im trying to say. that goes to your unnamed compatriots too.

Right, which is why we always watch behaviors very carefully before adding them to the List... And we always report them as a part of that... (With as busy as the Devs and GM's have been with bugs and such, though, stuff like this falls to the bottom of the pile... Plus, with the likelihood of the eventual removal of the whole instance, it may be that they are content to just let things ride out until that happens...)

It's funny, there are a number of players that we've watched over the months who simply are extremely talented at running the instance (scary, even), but they don't use the Hulk Exploit (the biggest and most abusive one), they don't change sides, they don't use the tower-teleport trick, and they actually 'change' their strategies from run to run, it's actually fun to watch them work (especially the Fed-side ones, who have the added obstacle of Klingon 'interdiction' to overcome), and we're just happy to let them gather for themselves/their Fleets, without interference from the gold farmers.

-Big Red
Lt. Commander
# 24
01-24-2011, 05:38 AM
That map is bugged beyond, the trick to always be first is to always kill 2-3 of the repair hulks.Doesnt matter what the other do.The one who take out the most of them will always winn.Secret is out.
Lt. Commander
# 25
01-24-2011, 06:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FarsightFrostwhisper
Hey guys, I have a small question. There aren't many (negative) WTF moments I have experienced in STO, but today was definitely one of them. As a fed Defiant-refit flyer, I joined Kerrat battlespace for my daily emblem quest. I was flying quite quick, avoided mobs and captured two of the nodes. Much to my surprise, one guy (as was later visible from the score) captured everything else in the same amount of time as I captured those two nodes!
This happened (same guy) in 3 BG's in a row. How the hell did he do that?

(I assume the score is calculated from the captured objectives, not from damage done, since I was second and attacked only one hulk, everyone else was chasing Klingons)
I was in there once, and did not see another player in sight anywhere. By the time I got 4 Nodes, a message popped up that the Feds had captured the facility, and my round was over. When the award screen came up, it said I had earned the most on that list, and I saw no other names on it. Something is messed up there.
Lt. Commander
# 26
01-24-2011, 06:25 AM
TY for making it more clear as to how you spot the farmers. My only concern was that you would end up reporting normal players. Anything that gets gold farmers out of any game is a good thing.

I applaud your efforts.
Lt. Commander
# 27
01-24-2011, 06:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Solok
This post here is where you insinuate that its impossible for a person to do it faster than you, and therefore the implication is that the person cheated.
Solok, have you considered professional medical treatment for having your head removed from your rear end?
Lt. Commander
# 28
01-24-2011, 07:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyyy View Post
That map is bugged beyond, the trick to always be first is to always kill 2-3 of the repair hulks.Doesnt matter what the other do.The one who take out the most of them will always winn.Secret is out.
It seems that a large part why the zone is bugged is also because gold farmers intentionally sabotage the map, by ensuring that NPCs get into all those bad places.

I don't know if dstahl considered nuking the map because the many ways to exploit the game were so often abused in that instance, or because the instance always looks so buggy while it's in reality people intentionally working to get into that bugged state.

But I worry that the GMs and Devs don't actually have not enough information on what is going on in Ker'rat.