Lt. Commander
# 1 "We are the borg.."
01-23-2011, 10:51 AM
Besides the opening mission where you get to to hear the infamous "we are the borg... etc." when encountering borg ships, you never see it in game.

Who would like to hear that every time you face off against a borg ship as a matter of immersion?
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-23-2011, 10:55 AM
every now and then would be ok, but every time would get annoying. Besides, they did not say that everytime in the shows.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-23-2011, 11:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JalenTigh View Post
every now and then would be ok, but every time would get annoying. Besides, they did not say that everytime in the shows.
Actually, save for the time in TNG when they were taken over by data's brother, and the time they flew passed the voyager to confront species 8472, they did say it every time.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-23-2011, 11:08 AM
I seem to recall more times then that, and I know they didn't in Enterprise... but I have not seen any of the other shows in awhile to be sure.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-23-2011, 11:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Solok
Actually, save for the time in TNG when they were taken over by data's brother, and the time they flew passed the voyager to confront species 8472, they did say it every time.
/signed

I'd like to hear it, so long as cryptic does a "cut 'n paste" on the audio from TNG.
No making a new audio file, go with what works, steal it right from the show so it actually
sounds authentic!
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-23-2011, 11:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZSteel
/signed

I'd like to hear it, so long as cryptic does a "cut 'n paste" on the audio from TNG.
No making a new audio file, go with what works, steal it right from the show so it actually
sounds authentic!
I would actually like to hear more of Locutus lines. With all the liberated borg and Hugh giving many of them identities maybe we could see rogue units of borg trying to conqure the galaxy in thier own name!

"I am Tragamite of Borg, prepare to be assimilated! If you try to resist you will be destroyed! Resistance is futile!"
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-23-2011, 03:40 PM
I agree, this is an iconic moment in any ST episode, but Cryptic don't think so. Also they are too busy selling us uniforms in the C-Store to care about game atmosphere.
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-23-2011, 03:45 PM
I think this is one of those times when I am glad it is the way it is. While I would be glad to hear them say it, it would get old very fast. You may not think you face the Borg all that often, but wait until they start talking to you everytime you start a fight. After a while you'll be like "Shut up and fire already!"
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-23-2011, 03:48 PM
Maybe only when fighting cubes. I fight a lot of borg, but not that many cubes. It seems to be mostly probes/spheres that I run in to. That would give some more immersion without wearing it out.
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-23-2011, 03:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanagrah
I agree, this is an iconic moment in any ST episode, but Cryptic don't think so. Also they are too busy selling us uniforms in the C-Store to care about game atmosphere.
/rollseyes

/10char