Lt. Commander
# 11
01-23-2011, 03:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commadore_Bob
I think this is one of those times when I am glad it is the way it is. While I would be glad to hear them say it, it would get old very fast. You may not think you face the Borg all that often, but wait until they start talking to you everytime you start a fight. After a while you'll be like "Shut up and fire already!"
My sentiments exactly. While it is OK ocasionally, a bit of variety makes for a far less dull game.

Besides, wasn't the original line "We are Borg" and not "We are the Borg".
Lt. Commander
# 12
01-23-2011, 04:06 PM
that would make fighting the Borg so much better. if they said there standard line say the first time you face off with them in a mission even its its in the Exploration sectors. just a nice little Hello from the BOrg when you enter battle with them at the begining would make it so much better
Lt. Commander
# 13
01-23-2011, 05:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZSteel
I'd like to hear it, so long as cryptic does a "cut 'n paste" on the audio from TNG.
No making a new audio file, go with what works, steal it right from the show so it actually
sounds authentic!
Actually, I'd prefer the version from First Contact.
Lt. Commander
# 14
01-23-2011, 06:12 PM
Would be nice to hear it during The Cure or Khitomer ONCE, but - just like with Opera guy or that woman in KA - it would quickly get simply annoying, if spoken on more occasions. No.
Lt. Commander
# 15
01-23-2011, 07:01 PM
I think if you heard it in the first mission you play once you reach the Borg front will be fine. But that's it. It really would get old real fast.
Lt. Commander
# 16
01-23-2011, 07:35 PM
Generally speaking it pops up when facing cubes, and someone tells someone to shut it off.

Maybe the solution is to only have it in battles with cubes, and give the player the ability to cut the borg audio for people who don't want to listen to the borg tell them they're going to die. Have the audio cut on the "borg taunt" last for the entire map.
Lt. Commander
# 17
01-23-2011, 07:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katic View Post
Actually, I'd prefer the version from First Contact.
I love that version.
Lt. Commander
# 18
01-24-2011, 02:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanagrah
I agree, this is an iconic moment in any ST episode, but Cryptic don't think so. Also they are too busy selling us uniforms in the C-Store to care about game atmosphere.
I think Cryptic's stance on this was - i f we use it to often, it loses its impact.

They might not be wrong on that, but they could still use it a little more often then they do. Some missions might work well.
For example, Assimilation and the mission with the Romulan ship stealing borg tech.
Lt. Commander
# 19
01-24-2011, 03:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post
I think Cryptic's stance on this was - i f we use it to often, it loses its impact.

They might not be wrong on that, but they could still use it a little more often then they do. Some missions might work well.
For example, Assimilation and the mission with the Romulan ship stealing borg tech.
Honestly... I think Borg deserve their special tune for these missions, something more crawly and creepy - nothing breaks the atmosphere than the opera guy started "singing" while you fight.
Lt. Commander
# 20
01-24-2011, 03:18 AM
id rather they save it for story episodes, thing like defend gamma orionis or starclusters would get boring if it happened all the time.

and the first contact version is the best.