Lt. Commander
Lets say that as of today, the Devs could release 2 "mini-factions": Romulans and Cardassians. And lets say these mini-factions would have access to the following content:

1) a home planet/base(using interiors that already exist)

2) a few ships(using those that already exist in game)

3) star clusters(against Fed/Klingon/Borg/Undine and generic enemies which already exist in game)

4) STFs(already exist)

5) Fleet Actions(already exist)

6) crafting(already exists)

7) PvP(already exists)

8) weekly episodes(already exist)

9) Foundry missions(which people would gladly create for the storyline of each faction)

Here is a little taste of what a Romulan and Cardassian faction would look like:

Romulan Faction

Cardassian Faction

However, here is the catch: these factions would not have OFFICIAL(Dev made) faction-unique episodes. Why? Well, its been a year since launch and the Klingon faction still isnt done, and even when it "is", the majority of players will always be Fed, and the Devs will always need to keep making new content for Feds and Klingons just to keep the majority of the players happy. Realistically speaking, the Devs will never be able to support 3/4/more different factions with their own faction specific content.

So my question to you is: Would you be satisfied with "mini-factions" as described above?

*CLICK HERE TO VOTE*

After you vote, feel free to share your comments
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-23-2011, 11:04 AM
People will whine and hate it. All people? No, but a lot of them. Because that's what people do here.

I'd be fine with it as a starting point, but no faction-specific content ever? Nah. I'd rather wait two or three years to see the Romulans than have that be their fate.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-23-2011, 11:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyHappyJoyJoy View Post
People will whine and hate it. All people? No, but a lot of them. Because that's what people do here.
Exactly my point! And even if they DONT do this, people will be whining and complaining about something ELSE. So its not a matter of whether people would whine and complain, its a question of what would make the MOST people happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyHappyJoyJoy View Post
I'd be fine with it as a starting point, but no faction-specific content ever? Nah. I'd rather wait two or three years to see the Romulans than have that be their fate.
Not "none", just not OFFICIAL(dev made). All the assests already exist to create Romulan or Cardassian content in the Foundry, and there are some really amazing authors out there(you'll see for yourself soon enough, because Stormshade is getting ready to transfer a few select missions to Holodeck to give people a preview of whats to come).
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-23-2011, 11:10 AM
I have a different answer depending on how you ask.

Would i, personally, be ok with mini-factions? Yes. This is a good way for Cryptic to put out new factions within this decade, assuming they will otherwise have to release new factions with Fed level content.

Do i think its a good idea and should be implemented? No. This community would split right down the middle, where on one side there are people who share my opinion, and the other who feel that in becoming mini'factions, the new factions are neglected and abandoned.

There'll be outcries just like with the KDF from enough quarters that these factions be fully fleshed out later, leading to a whole lot of shortcuts taken, delays in other content, and developers generally going nuts as they reverse their decision to make the new factions 'mini'.

In an ideal world maybe.

Well, in an ideal world, we'd have all factions with full-fledged content on a timely basis :p
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-23-2011, 11:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
Exactly my point! And even if they DONT do this, people will be whining and complaining about something ELSE. So its not a matter of whether people would whine and complain, its a question of what would make the MOST people happy.
Oh. Thats an interesting way of looking at community management. Not that i disagree.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-23-2011, 11:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DLRevan View Post
I have a different answer depending on how you ask.

Would i, personally, be ok with mini-factions? Yes. This is a good way for Cryptic to put out new factions within this decade, assuming they will otherwise have to release new factions with Fed level content.

Do i think its a good idea and should be implemented? No. This community would split right down the middle, where on one side there are people who share my opinion, and the other who feel that in becoming mini'factions, the new factions are neglected and abandoned.

There'll be outcries just like with the KDF from enough quarters that these factions be fully fleshed out later, leading to a whole lot of shortcuts taken, delays in other content, and developers generally going nuts as they reverse their decision to make the new factions 'mini'.

In an ideal world maybe.

Well, in an ideal world, we'd have all factions with full-fledged content on a timely basis :p
The main difference, IMO, between what has happened with the KDF and this idea is that the KDF was originally told(before launch) that they would be a full fledged faction. So thats what they were expecting. And when you get someone's hopes up by telling them somthing like that, only to not deliver, of course people will be mad. If the Devs lay it out like this beforehand, the reaction might not be quite the same. Of course, I dont deny there will be some that will hate it. But like I said in my other post, its really about what will make the most people happy, since you cant make everyone happy.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-23-2011, 11:19 AM
No!

This is what we got doled out for Klingons in the beginning.

It's just an excuse to do it all over again without even having to expand on the faction later.

I DO NOT want players making the bulk of the missions for ANY faction that I PAY devs to make. This should go without saying, but i find I have to repeat it alot around here.

I want PROFESSIONAL content for my money. NOT amatuer content.

And you just proposed factions that consist mostly of amatuer content.

NO!
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-23-2011, 11:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
The main difference, IMO, between what has happened with the KDF and this idea is that the KDF was originally told(before launch) that they would be a full fledged faction. So thats what they were expecting. And when you get someone's hopes up by telling them somthing like that, only to not deliver, of course people will be mad. If the Devs lay it out like this beforehand, the reaction might not be quite the same. Of course, I dont deny there will be some that will hate it. But like I said in my other post, its really about what will make the most people happy, since you cant make everyone happy.
True. Well, I'd be happy
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-23-2011, 11:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harryhausen
No!
The more input the better! Just make sure you vote
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-23-2011, 11:20 AM
my favorite mini faction is the Klingons.
Closed Thread