Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1 Emblem Gear
01-23-2011, 04:01 PM
What is the point of Emblem gear?

I have crafted Blue weapons on my ship but the Purple ones from emblem gear are actually less powerful. My weapons are (dmg)X2 and give 236 DPS without skills/bonuses etc but the same (dmg)X2 Emblem weapons give only 232 DPS.

Tell me again why I would want to grind for Emblems now I've reached VA?

As this is about all a VA has left to do, it seems that there is even less to do now once you get there.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
01-23-2011, 04:06 PM
Because I told Dstahl what I wanted most out of crafting was to be able to create the most powerful items in the game, and that's what he did.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
01-23-2011, 04:11 PM
They are bind on equip. I'm buying them and sending them to my alt so his ship will be fully equipped upon making it to RAUH without having to do the grind as well.

I have purple MK X and the increase in power isn't worth the effort to me.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
01-23-2011, 04:34 PM
Most of the emblem gear was already pointless when it first came out.
Most of the Mark of Honor weapons have far better modifiers that outweigh the slight increase in DPS that Mk XI stuff brings.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
01-23-2011, 04:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexraptor View Post
Most of the emblem gear was already pointless when it first came out.
Most of the Mark of Honor weapons have far better modifiers that outweigh the slight increase in DPS that Mk XI stuff brings.
I agree. My ship is mostly outfitted with Purple MKX Borgified Weapons and have no desire at all to go to anything else. The only thing I have changed lately was the Aegis gear.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
01-23-2011, 04:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commadore_Bob
They are bind on equip. I'm buying them and sending them to my alt so his ship will be fully equipped upon making it to RAUH without having to do the grind as well.

I have purple MK X and the increase in power isn't worth the effort to me.
Then your RAUH will be underpowered. ALL my stuff was crafted by my UH and it's still more powerful than the UH emblem stuff.

You should be crafting the gear with your main and sending it to your alt because crafted > emblem.

It's like all the NPC traders who only sell white gear. Not much point in buying gear from them really. Now, if they had stuff that you couldn't get elsewhere, unusual stuff with unusual stats etc, it would give them a purpose. Those guys roam around everywhere, I'm sure they would gain access to prototype consoles and weapons occasionally.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
01-23-2011, 04:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolderine
Then your RAUH will be underpowered. ALL my stuff was crafted by my UH and it's still more powerful than the UH emblem stuff.

You should be crafting the gear with your main and sending it to your alt because crafted > emblem.

It's like all the NPC traders who only sell white gear. Not much point in buying gear from them really. Now, if they had stuff that you couldn't get elsewhere, unusual stuff with unusual stats etc, it would give them a purpose. Those guys roam around everywhere, I'm sure they would gain access to prototype consoles and weapons occasionally.
Oh, I only have enough emblems for one thing and I sure as hell am not using it on my main. I'll buy my alt a console or something.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
01-23-2011, 05:15 PM
STO is more "casual" than WoW. WoW also had much bigger difference between endgame items and the rest. I think it's fine the way it is, last thing we need is LF1M Infected, only gearscore >9000!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
01-23-2011, 10:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FarsightFrostwhisper
STO is more "casual" than WoW. WoW also had much bigger difference between endgame items and the rest. I think it's fine the way it is, last thing we need is LF1M Infected, only gearscore >9000!
not sure what this has to do with the OP really.

but yes, not sure why the emblem gear is so underpowered. it's only XI anyway, - when will they come out with Mk XII crafting/emblem items? does anyone have an idea?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 10
01-24-2011, 02:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepidox View Post
not sure what this has to do with the OP really.

but yes, not sure why the emblem gear is so underpowered. it's only XI anyway, - when will they come out with Mk XII crafting/emblem items? does anyone have an idea?
I remember a quote from a dev who actually stated Mk XII only made it in because of an accident and they simply haven't removed them from the game. Originally Mk XII wasn't ment to be, keeping Mk XI the current state of the art. I guess we'll see Mk XII either in upcomming STF missions or maybe when they'll rise the level cap again.

Personally I do not miss Mk XII much, I'd rather have the ability to "recraft" my items, like customizing their bonuses, so insted of having [Dam] x2 I could get [Acc] [Dam]. Maybe even some new bonuses which decrease the power drain a bit or slightly improve the proc chances.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:32 PM.