Lt. Commander
# 11
01-24-2011, 02:43 AM
I collect a lot of Emblem Gun's. Quite awesome.
Lt. Commander
# 12
01-24-2011, 04:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teslanar
I'd rather have the ability to "recraft" my items, like customizing their bonuses, so insted of having [Dam] x2 I could get [Acc] [Dam]. Maybe even some new bonuses which decrease the power drain a bit or slightly improve the proc chances.
YES, YES, A TRILLION TIMES YES!
Lt. Commander
# 13 Doesn't the emblem gear
01-24-2011, 06:39 AM
doesn't the emblem gear at least have some other bonus for being purple like extra crit severity or something? I haven't checked because I haven't bought weapons with emblems. Most of my characters already were outfitted with purple mark x from marks, though I've put the aegis set on a few of them.
Lt. Commander
# 14
01-24-2011, 06:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakkar View Post
doesn't the emblem gear at least have some other bonus for being purple like extra crit severity or something? I haven't checked because I haven't bought weapons with emblems. Most of my characters already were outfitted with purple mark x from marks, though I've put the aegis set on a few of them.
Edit. Nevermind. I misread it
Lt. Commander
# 15 I wonder if it's a bug
01-24-2011, 07:07 AM
It just occured to me that damx2 bonuses should yield the same dps numbers on both but if the emblem gear has less dps despite having the same damage bonus plus one other bonus for being purple something must be wrong.
Lt. Commander
# 16
01-24-2011, 10:35 AM
OK I can understand the reasoning behind making crafting more attractive but this could be done, as others have proposed, using a points system to fine tune. The overall DPS may be less with crafted gear but increased accuracy, crit chance or crit severity etc allocated by a points system means when it crits, it potentially does a lot of damage. Also the hit/miss ratio would be better with crafted if the accuracy attribute was pimped.

This would mean you have a fixed item with better DPS or a crafted item that relies more on enhanced luck based attributes to make it better than the purple gear. Side by side without crits etc, the purple emblem gear is better but a string of good crits, especially with better accuracy, would tip the scales in favour of crafted gear. The DPS should be base stats and the attributes should only be modifiers so a purple (dmg)X2 shows more dps than a crafted (acc)(dmg)X2 but the extra accuracy potentially makes them equal under ideal circumstances for accuracy. Also incresing the crit attribute means the it can actually be far better than purple gear if you get lucky and it crits more often.

Therefore those who prefer to rely on pure DPS will use emblem weapons, those who prefer to rely more on luck will go for crafted. This system can also be used on other gear.

A simple points system could be used to see what stats certain gear has.

DPS
ACC
CritH
CritD
etc

A white number gives base stats, Dark Yellow for fixed modifiers like (ACC) X2 etc and a red gives altered stats for crafted gear. Then the crafted gear we see would be almost infinitely variable, limited only by the number of points Cryptic allow for crafting.