Lt. Commander
# 1 Defend sector in Regulus.
01-24-2011, 01:43 AM
The mission to defend the Regulus sector is either bugged or someone has been playing silly games to annoy new players.

Both Gorn and Klingon have +40 level ships at the spawn point. Two BOPs or two Gorn Frigates whichever one you go to. As a Leitenant, I last about 5 seconds if I'm lucky and I can't even respawn to try again becauses these ships constantly fly around the respawn point. It doesn't even matter if you get out and try again with another encounter, it sems there is only one instance for each of these encounters and both are screwed big time.

It should not be possible for a high level to force these instances to spawn high level NPC's, this is a low level zone. The encounter ships show as -1 to me but when I get into the instance, the ships are +40.

Cryptic, either show the level of ships in the instance or prevent the instance being higher than the level of the encounter.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-24-2011, 02:02 AM
This is a known issue and will be addressed (I think) sometimes in Season 4 where this system of encounters will get a rehash.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-24-2011, 02:12 AM
Yeah, this was put in because high-level players were joining low-level players in the DSEs, and the enemies were no match for them; now, it's become a zone for high-level players to test out their new builds of ships.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-24-2011, 02:18 AM
Here's the deal:

-When a player enters a 'new' instance of a deep space encounter mission, enemies are spawned based on that player's level.

-After the required number of enemies are destroyed (ranges from 8-14 depending on the encounter) in order to complete the mission, it takes roughly 5 minutes for all of the enemies in the instance to re-spawn and reset their level based on the players remaining in the instance.

Usually what happens is that a high level player joins an instance, the required number of enemies are destroyed, and when everything respawns, they respawn at that high level rather than the normal level they should.

There are a number of reasons why a high level player might join one of these lower end missions - the two most common/likely reasons are either that the high level player is helping a low level player and forgot to match levels, or that the high level player is simply entering the instance to test a new ship or weapons. I know I do the latter quite often, when I buy a new ship and want to see how it handles in battle without having to travel halfway across the galaxy to find enemies - but I usually leave the instance before any respawns.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-24-2011, 03:03 AM
Whichever way it happens, it's really annoying for a low level player who wants to do some missions to rank up their character. Unfortunately, allowing the instance to take on the level of the player does allow for some griefing. I wonder how many high level players who are bored with having little to do decide to go out to annoy the low levels deliberately by doing this.

I did manage to get away once by hitting full impulse and evasive manouvers and took out a couple of lower level ships before those frigates caught up with me again. I even evaded them long enough for the timer to reset but the level of ships was still the same and those damn frigates still kept on chasing me after the reset.

It's even more annoying that a group of ships will chase you all over the place in the instance. I had a flagship group jump me on the spawn in some time back and chased me all the way across the system and back again. Since I was on my own at the time, I didn't stand a chance against the whole group but there was just no way to shake them off. There should be a distance after which they give up chasing you and return to their patrol area.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-24-2011, 03:50 AM
I have the same problem with my lower level toons. Nothin' more anoying than trying to clear a DSE only to find that last group of enemies is 20 levels above you....
With my RAUH, when ever I want to test my build I head for SB24. It's easier than finding an encounter and it produces a fair test since the enemies are all near or at my level.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-24-2011, 04:06 AM
Depending on the population in those maps, sometimes you can use "Change Instance" under the map to move to a better-levelled map.
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-24-2011, 10:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post
Depending on the population in those maps, sometimes you can use "Change Instance" under the map to move to a better-levelled map.
I tried that with no luck. It was about 8AM in the UK so most of the American players were in bed at that time. Only a couple of others came in and got the same treatment from those frigates. It wouldn't have been so bad but both Gorn and Klingon had +40s in them so it wasn't like you could just avoid the Gorn instances. That's what made me think someone did it purely to annoy before they logged off.
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-24-2011, 11:04 AM
I ran into this as a new player, and recently on a new Operative. I usually escape by clicking the map, and clicking on "Change Instance" . Pick one of the other maps, and usually the one with the most players is good in my history.
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-24-2011, 11:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolderine
Whichever way it happens, it's really annoying for a low level player who wants to do some missions to rank up their character. Unfortunately, allowing the instance to take on the level of the player does allow for some griefing. I wonder how many high level players who are bored with having little to do decide to go out to annoy the low levels deliberately by doing this.
I did manage to get away once by hitting full impulse and evasive manouvers and took out a couple of lower level ships before those frigates caught up with me again. I even evaded them long enough for the timer to reset but the level of ships was still the same and those damn frigates still kept on chasing me after the reset.

It's even more annoying that a group of ships will chase you all over the place in the instance. I had a flagship group jump me on the spawn in some time back and chased me all the way across the system and back again. Since I was on my own at the time, I didn't stand a chance against the whole group but there was just no way to shake them off. There should be a distance after which they give up chasing you and return to their patrol area.
Actually....none,the high level players don't do this on purpose.....some aren't even aware that they are the cause of the high level spawns.Don't know if it's true or not....but some say it's not the level of the player,but the tier of ship they use that is the trigger for the high level spawns.

Most of the high level players enter low level DSE's for testing their new ships/new builds or for DSE/kill accolades,and some even to help players that are new to the game......if you haven't noticed....the tutorial isn't the greatest in gaming history.