Lt. Commander
# 1 Assimilation Help!
01-18-2011, 01:11 PM
Hey

I just got to the part of this mission where you land on the borg cube and have to find some kind of teleport device. Now in my search for it i have triggered a borg attack, over and over again. However these are the kind of borg that don't stay down when killed, instead they regenarate and call in more mates until before i know it im swamped by borg trying to hold me.

Can anyone tell me how to kill these buggers for good or at least suggest a way of avoiding fighting at all
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-18-2011, 01:26 PM
Edit : Ooops - misunderstood question

When you find the console the borg will spawn. Remmember you dont have to fight all the borg, and you can kite them out of the room and let your BOFF's distract them. Just run past them and if your BOFF's die dont worry too much. Beam to the next stage on your own leavign your BOFF's dead, beam out of mission, beam back in, and all your boffs will join you

... Enjoy the next part

There is a wiki guide here ... and a post on my blog here.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-18-2011, 01:50 PM
There is a certain console that you have to locate. I would have to show you in person for best results. I can tell you that you need to go through a door that triggers a wave of borg before you get to the right one. I think that it is located in the southeast part of the map.

And a tip to kill borg that are coming back alive. There are targetable distribution nodes on the ground that you must shoot and destroy in order to keep the borg down
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-18-2011, 03:18 PM
The simple answer to this is don't activate every Borg device you see. Only scan ones that are the mushroom shape, not just random Borg devices.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-18-2011, 10:08 PM
Easiest way to do it is put your Boffs on Passive, which the mission text actually hints at and just running round looking for the Transporters... leave everything else alone.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-19-2011, 01:08 AM
only activate the shielded devices not the flat wall mounted generators. and use passive mode on all crew. you can do assimulated in about 10 minutes
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-19-2011, 02:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acceleron
There is a certain console that you have to locate. I would have to show you in person for best results. I can tell you that you need to go through a door that triggers a wave of borg before you get to the right one. I think that it is located in the southeast part of the map.
the correct item randomly changes. it will be different for everybody. sometimes its in the main corridor and sometimes its in a side room. ive done that misison half a dozen times at least and its different each time.
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-19-2011, 10:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by omega_8 View Post
However these are the kind of borg that don't stay down when killed, instead they regenarate and call in more mates until before i know it im swamped by borg trying to hold me.
Kill the nodes
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-19-2011, 11:32 AM
This mission is all about NOT killing borg... not aggro-ing borg... not messing with things that are not important... controlling your BO's properly and being able to understand and follow directions.

Learn it, Live it, Love it or Die.
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-19-2011, 11:52 AM
As mentioned - put your BOffs on passive, but also deactivate any type of turrets or drones they can put out.
Basically...lock them down to nothing.

If you cruise it right, you will not aggro anything. Only fool with the mushroom shaped devices, leave the others alone. You can walk through doors, but if you see a borg spawn in, leave it alone.

If you do aggro one or two borg - get them into a quiet corner and bat'leth them (if you have one) Basically...mug them in the corner. Treat it like a bad NYC scene. Then get outta there.

Fun part is in the next section !! I would recommend - no drones there either, but your choice.