Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1 Above and Beyond
01-24-2011, 09:06 AM
So, this accolade has been "retired" from the new SS. Azura remastered version.

But wouldn't it be nice if it was also revamped and put back in? I think that if you bring a team along with you and complete all three optional objectives - saving the crew, saving the ship and stopping the Orions, that the combination of al three combined gives you the new Above and Beyond accolade, beucase it really sounds like you went above and beyond the course of duty.

It also encourages optional teaming for this mission. If you want the accolade, you can team up with other captain class types and get it.

What do you think?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
01-24-2011, 09:08 AM
You will get it by replaying the mission once the remastered version goes live.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
01-24-2011, 10:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiala View Post
You will get it by replaying the mission once the remastered version goes live.
Get what? It's been said that the Above and Beyond is replaced and not gettable any more.

The three new accolades are new. e.g. the science one is "Critical Care".
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
01-24-2011, 10:20 AM
According to this

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryptic_Gozer
The "New" accolades are not on live yet.

The Standed in Space Episode has always had two Accolades..

Mining Survey - Exploration Accolade - (Fixed Recently)
Above and Beyond - Story Accolade


When the Remasted Stranded in Space get to Holodeck there will be a total of 6 Accolades for this mission...

MIning Survey - Exploration Accolade..

Critical Care - Science Class Specific Story Accolade
Tactical Thinking - Tactical Class Specific Accolade
Cochrane's Student - Engineering Specific Accolade
Plays Well With Others - Team Accolade

I'm leaving Above and Beyond in - However you now get it .. for replaying the mission at least one time , instead of healing all the guys and saving the capt.

Above and Beyond is still in it's old form on Holodeck, and is working as far as I know..

They are leaving Above and Beyond in, which I think is a very good thing

Now hopefully it doesn't get "pulled out" at the last minute
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
01-24-2011, 10:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trueheart
They are leaving Above and Beyond in, which I think is a very good thing

Now hopefully it doesn't get "pulled out" at the last minute
Aw, that doesn't sound very challenging though. Just replaying the mission gets you one that is called "Above and Beyond"? It doesn't sound like you're doing much to go "above and beyond".

It would be better if that accolade triggers if you complete the other accolades - i.e. it triggers for completing Critical Care + the plays well with others.

Or Critical Care + Tactical Thinking + Cochrane's Student = Above and Beyond
(this is if it is possible to get those other achievements by other team members doing them for you).

It encourages teaming right from the start of the game, but optionally.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
01-24-2011, 10:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galactrix View Post
Aw, that doesn't sound very challenging though. Just replaying the mission gets you one that is called "Above and Beyond"? It doesn't sound like you're doing much to go "above and beyond".

It would be better if that accolade triggers if you complete the other accolades - i.e. it triggers for completing Critical Care + the plays well with others.

Or Critical Care + Tactical Thinking + Cochrane's Student = Above and Beyond
(this is if it is possible to get those other achievements by other team members doing them for you).

It encourages teaming right from the start of the game, but optionally.

Actually, as it stands right now, You only get "Plays Well With Others" if you complete the requirements for Critcal Care, Tactical Thinking, and Cochrane's Student at the same time. This requires a science, engineer, and tactical on the same team, and all of you do your part.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
01-24-2011, 11:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuatela
Actually, as it stands right now, You only get "Plays Well With Others" if you complete the requirements for Critcal Care, Tactical Thinking, and Cochrane's Student at the same time. This requires a science, engineer, and tactical on the same team, and all of you do your part.
I really like that idea.

I hope they go with it for more of the remastered and any new missions they put in, like featured episodes.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
01-24-2011, 11:39 AM
Last I checked Above and Beyond accolade was still in, but the accolade medal was changed from a Klingon Icon to an Orion Icon.


Now with talk of accolades being removed, I'm curious what's going to happen to the DSE Accolades after Cryptic removes the DSEs?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
01-24-2011, 12:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azurian View Post
Now with talk of accolades being removed, I'm curious what's going to happen to the DSE Accolades after Cryptic removes the DSEs?
I thought they were going to change them into something better, not necessarily remove the concept of a random deep space encounter. It shouldn't be hard to maintain an accolade for doing whatever the new DSE is 15, 35 and 70 times and there is no reason not to have at least one DSE-type encounter per sector.

Thankfully I'll have all my DSE accolades completed in a few days, only 29 more missions to go!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 10
01-24-2011, 01:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azurian View Post
Last I checked Above and Beyond accolade was still in, but the accolade medal was changed from a Klingon Icon to an Orion Icon.
It never was a Klingon icon... If you're referring to the trophy, it's a medical logo 'thingie'. Not even close to Klingon
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:38 AM.