Lt. Commander
# 1 Ship Name Gripe
01-24-2011, 09:41 AM
Sorry folks, just another thread Trolled to death. Nothing to see here now. Thanks all. Move along...
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-24-2011, 09:49 AM
The aegis shield definitely needs to be fixed for that class. Stripes right over the registry? Horrible looking.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-24-2011, 09:54 AM
You can always turn off the Aegis effects.

Seriously, though, you left the game for months because a change in a graphic effect? LOL
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-24-2011, 09:55 AM
I would also like to see an HUD display that allows you to see someone's ship up close when you click on it. Even if the Devs fix this, it is not like anyone else will notice unless they fly on top of you. A nice "sensor scan" picture of your ship allows for showing off your customizing as well as prominently display your ship name info.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-24-2011, 10:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrustyMac View Post
You can always turn off the Aegis effects.

Seriously, though, you left the game for months because a change in a graphic effect? LOL
Sure did. It was unannounced, it was secretly placed on test for only a few days, then released without anyone being told about it. It was not in any patch notes, not live nor test, and by the time I noticed it on test, it was too late. They made this change without it being an option and it made the ships while cloaked look ridiculous. Not everybody plays for the same reasons and not everybody had a problem with the graphics as they were.

On a side note, I was also tired of looking at grids and lollipop sticks in sector space. There were more than one reason why I left the game, that graphics change was simply the straw that broke the camel's back.

Also, I like the look of the Aegis set. Is it too much to ask for the stripe to be fixed? I mean, seriously...your answer to the problem is to simply turn it off? Glad life is so easy for you...
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-24-2011, 10:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus_Penguin View Post
I would also like to see an HUD display that allows you to see someone's ship up close when you click on it. Even if the Devs fix this, it is not like anyone else will notice unless they fly on top of you. A nice "sensor scan" picture of your ship allows for showing off your customizing as well as prominently display your ship name info.
That is an awesome idea, and I for one would use that option quite often. Not only am I proud of characters and ships that I create, but I also like to pass time by checking other people's characters, ship names, designs and backgrounds as well. I would actually probably wear the function out if it were to be implemented, heh.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-24-2011, 10:39 AM
I don't use that class, but I agree no affect should block the registry information. But it's funny that ship's name is so small. This ship's name can't be missed. (Lighting is bad in all three, but you get me point)
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-24-2011, 12:41 PM
I just think some of the ship types in this game need to have their ship names looked at. I mean, if the letters are going to be that small, why have them at all? Some ship names are huge and easily seen. Others are almost nonexistent.
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-24-2011, 01:01 PM
i thought you were talking about people naming their ships like they are retarded
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-24-2011, 01:04 PM
No one else is bothered by the fact that Exhibit has an 'H' in it? Or, rather, it's supposed to?

That said, I wholeheartedly agree that ship design is a problem, but so is endgame. I want more missions!!!!