Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 111
05-17-2009, 10:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdc10 View Post
Awesome, these planets seeking Federation protection makes it seem more plausible for a Romulan Federation officer. Now when I player create one it wont seem so far fetched.


I would much rather see Romulans as a third Playable Faction than incorporated into Starfleet. It maybe reaching a bit but, I hope to see The Cardassians as a Playable faction too. If not at Launch at least by the first Expansion.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 112
05-17-2009, 11:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardog00 View Post
I would much rather see Romulans as a third Playable Faction than incorporated into Starfleet. It maybe reaching a bit but, I hope to see The Cardassians as a Playable faction too. If not at Launch at least by the first Expansion.
Yes but i think its pretty much been stated romulans wont be playable at launch which sucks so i guess ill have to player create one. Which works out for me anyways cause i thought playing a romulan starfleet member would be interesting.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 113
05-17-2009, 11:37 AM
its already been stated that the romulan and i think the dominion will be added in expantion packs
hopefully romulans first.

so the romulan empire is having a hard time it seem nothing yet about klingon attacks tho but seen the federation have declared some planets under her protection. we can render that some force is pushing into romulan territory.

when Donatra returns is the question they can do it 2 ways she comes back before 2409 and halts the force thats advancing into romulan territory or they keep here hidden and let her return when they add the expantionpack.

nice story read tho cant wait for the other 22years of the story will be added i cant wait.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 114
05-17-2009, 11:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdc10 View Post
Yes but i think its pretty much been stated romulans wont be playable at launch which sucks so i guess ill have to player create one. Which works out for me anyways cause i thought playing a romulan starfleet member would be interesting.
Jolan'tru sdc10
I was thanking the same thing
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 115
05-17-2009, 05:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zott
I would just like to elaborate on this a little more - Cryptic is staying true to Trek, as Romulus was destroyed which was the catalyst to the new movie, although, all but Romulus being consumed in a nova, in the new movie it was a Parallel universe. Remember that in a multiverse if the someone goes back and 'alters the time line of your universe' your universe continues on and a new version of your universe which adapts the new changes continues on the same path as well.

Multiverse theory states that for every action there is an infinite series of opposite reactions that are always taking place, which provides us with the alternate universes that trek visits once and awhile.

So if there was a new series picking up where the new movie left of we would be observing the changes in the new universe, and STO would be based off of the old universe we know and love were Romulus was destroyed and not Vulcan. It would be ludicrous to redesign a game to a new universe with a new feel to it when there is already a perfectly well recognized, and stable universe we can use already. No need to re-invent the wheel when you already own a car.

So yo answer your qustion quickly - they are, Romulus is gone So lets us get back on subject and talk about how great that supplemental log was, can't wait for the next.

Zott

Of course the STO episodes where they went back in time would disagree with you. In those cases whenever they messed with time the future WAS changed. Same for when the Borg went back in time in the TNG movie. The entire Enterprise series was based on the changable time theory of time. The Enterprise B incident in TNG, all the time travel incidents in VOY including the time police that wouldn't have been needed if time travel didn't change the past.

ST lore supports multiverse based on choices we make, and travel between them by several methods, but time travel DOES NOT create a new universe in Trek Lore, it changes the one you are in.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 116
05-17-2009, 07:30 PM
True, but it's better to stay that there are 2 universes now and STO is going to stay with the original, while Paramount continues to develop the new universe.

Besides, people rather than Vulcan's still around, and if people want Romulus back so bad, just have Q pop it back into place. :p
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 117
05-17-2009, 08:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuvya View Post
ST lore supports multiverse based on choices we make, and travel between them by several methods, but time travel DOES NOT create a new universe in Trek Lore, it changes the one you are in.
Star Trek Enterprise (the one with Captain Archer)
Episode : In a Mirror, Darkly
Not only was the USS Defiant sent to the Mirror Universe (the one with bearded Spock), but it was also thrown back in time. According to Memory Alpha from 2268 back to 2155.

So once again I hypothesize that the Black Hole / Space Storm (whatever it was) could send them to a Parallel Universe as well as back in time. However, I suppose it's also possible it could have caused a new separate time-line to form (so a new part to the multi-verse basically?). I like my first idea better.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 118
05-17-2009, 09:15 PM
Romulus had a Star Empire for how long? And they didn't have multiple planets developed to the level of their homeworld? Or at least close?

Talk about keeping all your eggs in one basket.

The Romulans are way too crafty and paranoid for that. The Star Empire is not dead. Any appearance to the contrary must be intentional. Turn your back on the Romulans at your peril.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 119
05-17-2009, 10:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hrisal View Post
Romulus had a Star Empire for how long? And they didn't have multiple planets developed to the level of their homeworld? Or at least close?

Talk about keeping all your eggs in one basket.

The Romulans are way too crafty and paranoid for that. The Star Empire is not dead. Any appearance to the contrary must be intentional. Turn your back on the Romulans at your peril.
jolan'tru Hrisal
As for keeping our eggs in one basket not true but thats ok if some want
to thank like that so look at map and you will see that there are a lot of colonys
in the Romulan Star Empire.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 120
05-18-2009, 07:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey_Ghost
Star Trek Enterprise (the one with Captain Archer)
Episode : In a Mirror, Darkly
Not only was the USS Defiant sent to the Mirror Universe (the one with bearded Spock), but it was also thrown back in time. According to Memory Alpha from 2268 back to 2155.

So once again I hypothesize that the Black Hole / Space Storm (whatever it was) could send them to a Parallel Universe as well as back in time. However, I suppose it's also possible it could have caused a new separate time-line to form (so a new part to the multi-verse basically?). I like my first idea better.
I don't disagree that it COULD do that, my problem is that isn't what they put in Spock's mouth. A bit of better writing on the "lets explain this to Kirk" would have smoothed this plothole out.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:11 PM.