Lt. Commander
# 121
05-18-2009, 12:37 PM
A few things:

Star Trek canon and Star Trek Online canon are two seperate things. Don't get confused. Jack has stated he's taking what he can/wants from the books and comics to form the Star Trek Online history/canon.

Second, remember - the game starts with Federation and Klingons. It's been hinted pretty heavily that the Romulans are coming later. Wouldn't it be fitting for when that supplement is ready to come out to have Donatra suddenly appear to reunite her fractured people to take back the territory plundered by Fed and Klingons? I think that would be the perfect catalyst to bring together a playable Romulan race.

Third - read Countdown, the prequel comic to the new movie. That's the storyline being followed.
Lt. Commander
# 122
05-18-2009, 01:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ltfngr View Post
A few things:

Star Trek canon and Star Trek Online canon are two seperate things. Don't get confused. Jack has stated he's taking what he can/wants from the books and comics to form the Star Trek Online history/canon.

Second, remember - the game starts with Federation and Klingons. It's been hinted pretty heavily that the Romulans are coming later. Wouldn't it be fitting for when that supplement is ready to come out to have Donatra suddenly appear to reunite her fractured people to take back the territory plundered by Fed and Klingons? I think that would be the perfect catalyst to bring together a playable Romulan race.

Third - read Countdown, the prequel comic to the new movie. That's the storyline being followed.
Jolan'tru Ltfngr
Yes I have read the Prequel and I have seen the move if they go with that time line Spock is time so
he can stop the Hubus from going Nova.
2387 to 2409 we have 22 more years of info to go.
Lt. Commander
# 123
05-18-2009, 01:22 PM
i would prefer to play in the STO universe, which match what we have seen up to Nemesis(and a part of ST XI), versus in the Abrams universe.
Lt. Commander
# 124
05-18-2009, 01:29 PM
Aye, i think Suran is beeing interviewd in 2409, but he is talking about 2387.

Very nice update, fills in some things that had been missing from the Romulan side in regards to the Novels.

Perhaps the black hole didnt just suck them back in time, but also into an alternate universe, or that it takes a fundamentally huge change to cause it to split into another universe, such as the irreplaceable loss of a planet that was never supposed to be lost.
Lt. Commander
# 125
05-18-2009, 08:18 PM
If the Klingons and Feds would compete for control over the romulan colonies...the Romulans would probebly team up with the Feds...because this way they could keep their cultur...but if the Klingons take over they would be forced away from their homes!
And not even the Klingos are stupid...erm...I mean bloodthirsty enough to start a war agains the joint forces of the Feds and the Empire!
Lt. Commander
# 126
05-19-2009, 02:06 AM
agreed, i think they side with the feds as well
Lt. Commander
# 127
05-19-2009, 01:17 PM
In principle, but they do not trust either group.
Lt. Commander
# 128
05-19-2009, 01:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronaldheld View Post
In principle, but they do not trust either group.
Jolan'tru ronaldheld
You must not know about Empress Donatra then?
Lt. Commander
# 129
05-19-2009, 08:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ltfngr View Post
A few things:

Not entirely true. That's one of many storylines that's being followed, and only for the most part. They've already omitted details from it, as well as other written sources. The only thing we can completely peg Cryptic as following to the letter are the previous movies and shows. That's it. Besides, there's not really a whole lot of story to follow. The Countdown and the new film deal with at most a month or two in 2387.
Lt. Commander
# 130
05-20-2009, 12:18 AM
New screen shots of Romulans peeps, pretty nice. As well as Andoreans