Lt. Commander
# 21
05-15-2009, 01:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anichent View Post
Soo...Suran is dead? Damn, that kinda screws things up for this log lol
"In the novels Taking Wing and The Red King, Suran still commanded the Romulan military jointly with Donatra. She killed him after she came to regard him as an obstacle in the way of evacuating the Neyel homeworld. " - Memory Alpha

Yupp, I'm with you Fvillha, as much as people don't like regarding the novels as canon....as far as I'm concerned the Titan novels should not be messed with, especially the early ones. Maybe someone didn't do their homework? But Cryptic really should look up names online before they start throwing them around

And I agree...this story can't possibly take place in 2387 if Donatra has been missing 20 years...it would have to be 2407

Thought I should point out that by definition supplemental fits.
supplementary: added to complete or make up a deficiency; "produced supplementary volumes"
So a supplemental log doesn't need to be completed in the year in which it is supplementing so I would deduce that it was done in 2407 but it is supplementing the history of of the era which we are learning (we are students of either the Fed Academy or the KDF) and this would be a supplementary addition to our history books.

Hence the supplemental log. I would also like to mention (as others have) that it isn't beyond the abilities of the Romulans to 'fake' a death or murder if it suites their needs at the time.

Zott
Lt. Commander
# 22
05-15-2009, 01:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zott

supplementary: added to complete or make up a deficiency; "produced supplementary volumes"
So a supplemental log doesn't need to be completed in the year in which it is supplementing so I would deduce that it was done in 2407 but it is supplementing the history of of the era which we are learning (we are students of either the Fed Academy or the KDF) and this would be a supplementary addition to our history books.

Hence the supplemental log. I would also like to mention (as others have) that it isn't beyond the abilities of the Romulans to 'fake' a death or murder if it suites their needs at the time.

Zott
ahhhh, now I get it.
Lt. Commander
# 23
05-15-2009, 01:33 PM
Quote:
Soo...Suran is dead? Damn, that kinda screws things up for this log lol
"In the novels Taking Wing and The Red King, Suran still commanded the Romulan military jointly with Donatra. She killed him after she came to regard him as an obstacle in the way of evacuating the Neyel homeworld. " - Memory Alpha

Yupp, I'm with you Fvillha, as much as people don't like regarding the novels as canon....as far as I'm concerned the Titan novels should not be messed with, especially the early ones. Maybe someone didn't do their homework? But Cryptic really should look up names online before they start throwing them around

And I agree...this story can't possibly take place in 2387 if Donatra has been missing 20 years...it would have to be 2407
Sorry friend, Gene Roddenberry only wanted the shows/movies canon. Never the books (except his book). So you need to do your homework. Titan books are just that, books. Not Canon. no matter how hard you try. the only canon things are the series and movies. I dont think that even these "path to 2409" stories are considered "canon" until the next movie/ series comes out which include elements from the game as actual "history".
Lt. Commander
# 24
05-15-2009, 01:37 PM
very good interview wonder what did happen to the ship
Lt. Commander
# 25
05-15-2009, 01:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zott

Zott
I can see your point on the definition to what a Supplement helping to explain the dating confusion, but I'd still like to see an official clarification.

bummer no-one had 2 bars of latinum for my idea of a Romulan TV series with Donatra crew in the Deta Quadrant, ok we'll place her in the Gamma Quadrant instead.
Lt. Commander
# 26
05-15-2009, 01:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snrcbpco View Post
Sorry friend, Gene Roddenberry only wanted the shows/movies canon. Never the books (except his book). So you need to do your homework. Titan books are just that, books. Not Canon. no matter how hard you try. the only canon things are the series and movies. I dont think that even these "path to 2409" stories are considered "canon" until the next movie/ series comes out which include elements from the game as actual "history".
I never claimed them to be canon. But if you look at the Path series, it follows a lot of Titan so well, most of the Romulan stories in the Path series come from Titan events...so it just makes me curious as to why they pick and choose like that.....and then Take the name of Surans ship from the customizable card game.

I just don't understand what they are doing. They seem to just be taking elements of novels, games, and the like, without actually making them fit. Like the simple fact that they chose Suran. They could have picked any other living Romulan, and it would have worked with Titan. So why do it that way?
Lt. Commander
# 27
05-15-2009, 01:41 PM
One hundred bars on the Andromeda Galaxy, and she is sent back by the Kelvans (Encountered in TOS: "By Any Other Name")

Zott
Lt. Commander
# 28
05-15-2009, 01:43 PM
Quote:
I never claimed them to be canon. But if you look at the Path series, it follows a lot of Titan so well, most of the Romulan stories in the Path series come from Titan events...so it just makes me curious as to why they pick and choose like that.....and then Take the name of Surans ship from the customizable card game.

I just don't understand what they are doing. They seem to just be taking elements of novels, games, and the like, without actually making them fit. Like the simple fact that they chose Suran. They could have picked any other living Romulan, and it would have worked with Titan. So why do it that way?
Many reasons to advance a story line, but remember because a Romulan is thought to be dead doesn't mean he actually is - the Romulans have reasons for all that they do, and it isn't hard to put a body into stasis if you want it to appear dead - or better yet 'replicate' an exact DNA match that is dead. I'm sure it will be explained.

Zott
Lt. Commander
# 29
05-15-2009, 01:48 PM
Excelent Read.

MOBILIZE THE FLEET!

WE MUST FIND THE EMPRESS!!!

<S>!
Lt. Commander
# 30
05-15-2009, 01:53 PM
I am glad to see Suran's return, as his untimely death I felt was a bit un-neccessary, unless the writer of the Titan series intended it to be a ruse all along, which if so, they had most readers fooled, including me.

So now its a case of "Where's Waldo?" for Empress Donatra and Sela, and what are those in the "Vault" doing with all those Borg/Romulan hybrid toys, making a new Warbird for the "Batman".