# 81
05-16-2009, 06:29 AM
Donatra and Braeg? oooo how scandelous!
Lt. Commander
# 82
05-16-2009, 06:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by naterag View Post
how come the history hasnt change. please cyptic follow the new movie stay ture to trek
ok you have to remember the new movie is an alternate timeline and sto is part of he prime timeline so the history that is going on in sto wouldn't change.
Lt. Commander
# 83
05-16-2009, 07:22 AM
NEW STAR TREK MOVIE SPOILER ALERT... I guess

About the movie time travel stuff, I believe we're supposed to look at it like this...

Not only did they travel back in time, but the way in which they did so also sent them to an alternate universe with a time-line nearly the same (or exactly the same... so a parallel universe?) as the PRIME universe. So the PRIME universe is unaffected by any changes made to the others time-line.
Lt. Commander
# 84
05-16-2009, 08:56 AM
Typically when they've traveled back in time within their own timeline the use of chronoton or tachyon particles is mentioned. When they'd traveled through dimensions different forms of energy are mentioned...

In actuality if you look at teh TV show Sliders and the distortion in space you'll see they're very similar.

My theory is that in the prime universe Quinn Mallory is a Romulan Tal Shiar scientist who alters Borg technology's energy output in such a way as to allow it to interact with red matter created anomalies so that a Slider window is opened between timelines and dimensions...
Lt. Commander
# 85
05-16-2009, 09:17 AM
As usual with all games/movies/tv's - if you can't find any trace of them, they are bound to come back later

Good read!
Lt. Commander
# 86
05-16-2009, 09:18 AM
All fine and dandy, but it's time to forget the Romulans, One of the problems with Star Trek is that they cant seem to let the big players just die, by this i mean in the greater scope of things.

I ust hope the people writing this dont bring back the Romulans for the sake of the game, they happen to be my second favourite faction after the Federation but bringing them ack for the sae of it is just a bad idea.
Lt. Commander
# 87
05-16-2009, 09:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey_Ghost
NEW STAR TREK MOVIE SPOILER ALERT... I guess

About the movie time travel stuff, I believe we're supposed to look at it like this...

Not only did they travel back in time, but the way in which they did so also sent them to an alternate universe with a time-line nearly the same (or exactly the same... so a parallel universe?) as the PRIME universe. So the PRIME universe is unaffected by any changes made to the others time-line.
No, it was the interaction between the mining ship and the Federation ship that results in a new timeline.
Lt. Commander
# 88
05-16-2009, 10:06 AM
Nice log, can't wait for 2388!
Lt. Commander
# 89
05-16-2009, 12:03 PM
If the prequel to the move is 'canon' then so is the move,
Lt. Commander
# 90
05-16-2009, 12:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.L.Picard View Post
All fine and dandy, but it's time to forget the Romulans, One of the problems with Star Trek is that they cant seem to let the big players just die, by this i mean in the greater scope of things.

I ust hope the people writing this dont bring back the Romulans for the sake of the game, they happen to be my second favourite faction after the Federation but bringing them ack for the sae of it is just a bad idea.
I have one lets just forget the Federation then!