Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Controls, User Interface, and the STO Gateway
Login

Closed Thread

Lt. Commander
# 51
04-07-2011, 05:53 AM
count me in for this !
Lt. Commander
# 52
04-21-2011, 01:17 AM
I wouild lovr to see this in the UI lets move on this cryptic.
Lt. Commander
# 53
04-21-2011, 07:23 PM
Signed.

I do find it odd that the ship defence stats allow me to see the hull repair rate and the shield capactity but not the shield regen rate.

It would be as useful to see what happens to my regens when I change shields or power levels as it is to see how capacity is effected by different shields, or how flight speed is effected by different impulse engines AND power levels

Has this been overlooked or something? I can't think of any reason it would be left out.
Lt. Commander
# 54
04-21-2011, 07:55 PM
Does "Damage Removal" = "Damage Resistance?"

I'd sure like to see regen and resistance both, since there are a lot of mystery math factors involved, which I am not convinced any of the hypothetical formulas lurking around actually capture. These "end result" stats are also essential for detecting when things are actually working or not. We've got hull resist, which allows us to actually measure the benefit of different setups; we should have the same for shields, which generally are a lot more problem to model, and more important to actively manage.

A little off topic, but it would also be nice if we had in a front-row UI section some resettable cumulators for shield and hull damage resisted, damage taken (reducing actual HP), damage regenerated, and damage healed. It would be extremely useful to have a "trip odometer" on these stats to let us gauge what is working and what isn't, and to what extent.
Lt. Commander
# 55
04-21-2011, 08:37 PM
/Signed. Hate having to take damage and watch my shilds regen just to see my Regen Rate ect
Lt. Commander
# 56
04-22-2011, 03:53 AM
signed

Shield Regen dymanic and Shield Resistence Dynamic are definately required stats for those serious players.
Lt. Commander
# 57
04-28-2011, 01:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultrafrosty
There should be "stats" changes shown for all items, consoles, sheilds, engines, deflectors and your the use of crewmembers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DodgeHopper
I support the concept listed in this thread but I'd like to take it a step further. I want more customization in my HUD. I'd like to be able to expand my Power Tray, add Other trays, Rotate my power tray. I'd like to be able to put up displays of key numbers like Damage Resistance, Defense, Shield Regen, Movement Speed, etc on my tray. I'd like to be able to resize elements of my tray. I'd like to be able to refont elements of my Trays (and not just chat).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heezdedjim
A little off topic, but it would also be nice if we had in a front-row UI section some resettable cumulators for shield and hull damage resisted, damage taken (reducing actual HP), damage regenerated, and damage healed. It would be extremely useful to have a "trip odometer" on these stats to let us gauge what is working and what isn't, and to what extent.
I absolutely agree with you three. I'd love for a expanded/customizable UI, including the ability to pick'n'choose certain stats to be visible in a sort of HUD screen.

Quote:
Does "Damage Removal" = "Damage Resistance?"
Affirmative. Originally the feature was called "Shield Damage Resistance" and since I've seen Devs refer to it as "Shield Damage Removal" and "Shield Damage Reduction". Whatever it's called, having it as a visible stat I think is paramount. In fact, I think labeling the field in the UI will dispel any confusion on what it's called.

Quote:
I'd sure like to see regen and resistance both, since there are a lot of mystery math factors involved, which I am not convinced any of the hypothetical formulas lurking around actually capture. These "end result" stats are also essential for detecting when things are actually working or not. We've got hull resist, which allows us to actually measure the benefit of different setups; we should have the same for shields, which generally are a lot more problem to model, and more important to actively manage.
I don't understand why they can and do show us hull resistance, but not our shield's equivalent stat. I too have seen various/different forumulas for calculating, including different ones from the Devs. You're right! Having it visible in the game removes the unecessary guesswork!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafeism
/Signed. Hate having to take damage and watch my shilds regen just to see my Regen Rate ect
Hiya Fleetmate, thanks for the bump/vote!

I try not to post too much in this thread, as I don't want it to be continuously bumped by just me giving tallys or just "agreeing" with all the other players. I understand Cryptic isn't a fan of these "me too" threads, that they want more opinion/discussion on a given topic, but I think adding these two specific gauges is a pretty straight-forward kind of thing.

In case you're curious we're up to 72 individual pro-count posters. I'm really hoping while they're under the hood doing UI revisions for Ground Combat in Season 4, that Cryptic takes a few moments to spruce up the Space UI as well, including adding Shield Regen and DR rates.
Lt. Commander
# 58
04-28-2011, 04:38 PM
+1
I signed
Lt. Commander
# 59
05-10-2011, 07:55 PM
/signed. These are important stats, would like to see them and see how various gear/skills/abilities affect them... without using some kind of 3rd party model to predict it >.>
Lt. Commander
# 60
06-14-2011, 08:28 AM
Hey,

Captian Horton here, I would like to see this happen also.
Closed Thread