Lt. Commander
# 21
01-25-2011, 05:48 PM
Well, browser based does not have to mean bad.
Just look at ********* as an example of that, and wether you like the game or not it is a game that has over 156 million registered accounts and over 10 million active on a monthly basis.

That said, i don't think a browser MMO can ever directly compete with a fully developed standalone game and as such i don't really see STIS having much of an impact at all on STO.
Lt. Commander
# 22
01-25-2011, 05:51 PM
I wouldnt get too excited, its a browser based game remember.
And baring that in mind here is some of the gameplay footage:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CkA_R...eature=related
Lt. Commander
# 23
01-25-2011, 06:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commodore_Rook View Post
Right off the bat impressions that I like:

-ONE era! DS9 era. No ENT, no TOS, no 25th century So we have all the ships of DS9 era, and all the uniforms of that era, that's it!!! Finally some uniformity!

-Ships look amazing! And so do interiors! (and have a feeling the interiors are actually scaled right, useable, and have a purpose!)
Yes, uniformity. A gamer and Star Trek fan after my own heart.
Lt. Commander
# 24
01-25-2011, 07:00 PM
Lol that F2P game will make STO seem better.....

So will Infinate Space affect STO? I say yes.....because it might lead people to play this game instead of that one :p It's all "cool looking" n all....but....STO is just better right now lol.
Lt. Commander
# 25
01-25-2011, 07:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenor-Nyiad View Post

So will Infinate Space affect STO? I say yes.....because it might lead people to play this game instead of that one :p It's all "cool looking" n all....but....STO is just better right now lol.
Of course STO is better right now, the other game hasnt even come out yet. Will it be better once it does? IDK. But like I said earlier, I plan to play them both. Infinite space is going to be FREE, so it really doesnt matter whether its better than STO or not. It wont cost me anything.
Lt. Commander
# 26
01-25-2011, 07:45 PM
It was just a trailer. Best way to get people interested in something is to go nuts on the trailer. We have no idea if the actual game graphics will look like that - which I doubt they will. For all we know they are using cardboard cutouts for their rooms like TOS did. So are we excited that there is another Start Trek game coming out? Yes. Are we even more excited that they are making it free to play? Double Yes. If the game is super incredible, will it make me leave STO? Double No. I've already given STO a year of my life, and I am happy I did. I can not wait to see what they have in store for us in the future. All I know is this, in one year I will still be playing STO. With any luck, I will also be able to play another good Star Trek game too.

Spock: Admiral, if we go by the book like Lt. Saavik, hours would seem like days.
Kirk: I read you Captain. Let's have it.
Spock: The situation is grave Admiral. We won't have main power for six days. Auxiliary power has temporarily failed. Restoration may be possible in two days, by the book Admiral.
Kirk: Meaning you can't even beam us back.
Spock: Not at present.
Lt. Commander
# 27
01-25-2011, 07:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by booker9172 View Post
It was just a trailer.
One of the links was a trailer. The other was a feature that did show gameplay footage.
Lt. Commander
# 28
01-25-2011, 08:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenor-Nyiad View Post

Yes it's F2P but if you would go & read the Infinate Space forums you would see most of them that cant what for the game don't like STO
Lt. Commander
# 29
01-25-2011, 09:00 PM
The only thing I like about the new trek MMO game is that itll create competition for cryptic, not saying how much competition but its healty to have something

Time to pull those socks up cryptic :p
Lt. Commander
# 30
01-25-2011, 10:53 PM
Like i said in the other thread that fell off the front page, I do hope it will be good.

More competition for Cryptic. Thats always a good thing.

Canon nazi's will migrate there (assuming it turns out to be a good game). Less of them here means more 25th century designs as befitting the era, rather than seeing 30-150 year old junkers flying about. (I have nothing against all of star trek's several series. I in fact enjoy all of them. But this is the 25th century and it looks more like 30 years ago)

Extra bonus, cryptic may eventually have to decide if they should make more '25th century' stuff, to differentiate themselves from this game. They may or may not.

Everyone will hopefully be happy whichever game they end up with, or so goes the plan