Lt. Commander
# 51
01-27-2011, 10:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren_Kitlor
And yet we still haven't seen content for ship interiors yet, outside of accessing the replay terminal or playing with trophies.
Not true - one of the KDF story mission has combat that takes place in one of the Federation ship interior maps that were added in season 2. The point was - the STO interiors were all designed to be able to handle any possible ground combat scenario if the Devs decided to use them for one.
Lt. Commander
# 52
01-27-2011, 10:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armsman View Post
Not true - one of the KDF story mission has combat that takes place in one of the Federation ship interior maps that were added in season 2. The point was - the STO interiors were all designed to be able to handle any possible ground combat scenario if the Devs decided to use them for one.
Not true?

Second star's interior map is not like player ones, I.e. Shuttlebays

No player interior is used in any mission content.
Lt. Commander
# 53
01-27-2011, 11:31 AM
I'm sorry, but when the hell did Star Trek become about legions of ships blowing each other up?

Star Trek is supposed to be about peace, and exploration, and evolving to a new grander level of humanity.
Lt. Commander
# 54
01-27-2011, 11:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorSTAFF
I'm sorry, but when the hell did Star Trek become about legions of ships blowing each other up?

Star Trek is supposed to be about peace, and exploration, and evolving to a new grander level of humanity.
To hell with that... peace... bah .. the future is all about war!
Lt. Commander
# 55
01-27-2011, 11:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorSTAFF View Post
Roughly around the time when Babylon 5 came out... I think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorSTAFF View Post
Yeah, well, those things do not supply the massive need for instant gratification entertainment do they now?

I'll probably check out this STIS game, but I fully expect to promptly return to STO with its Foundry where I'd continue to attempt and craft missions that strive to be more than just pew-pew.
Lt. Commander
# 56
01-27-2011, 12:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorSTAFF

Or it's an existential quagmire with many potential outlooks and interpretations, in part because the series was full of heavy-handed metaphors on contemporary problems.

Remember, Taurus looks like a bull when viewed from a particular point in space (earth) but from alpha centauri it might not look like anything at all.
Lt. Commander
# 57 Apples and Oranges
01-27-2011, 12:35 PM
I think STIS and STO are two completely different games - their brand license being the exception.

Unless STIS has some amazing non-combat aspects to it, it seems that STIS will cater more to the PvP crowd.

Time will tell, but I think these two games will draw different player types.

I wish them the best, but STO seems more my cup of tea.
Lt. Commander
# 58
01-27-2011, 12:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkey_Who
I think STIS and STO are two completely different games.
Theres no "thinking" about it, that is a fact.
Lt. Commander
# 59
01-27-2011, 01:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
One of the links was a trailer. The other was a feature that did show gameplay footage.
Oh really I missed that one. But like I said, if we are lucky, we'll have 2 good Star Trek games to play instead of only one.
Lt. Commander
# 60
01-27-2011, 01:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by booker9172 View Post
Oh really I missed that one. But like I said, if we are lucky, we'll have 2 good Star Trek games to play instead of only one.
I agree! Like I said earlier, why anyone feels the need to bash this game is beyond me. Its free, so even if it isnt better than STO you dont lose anything by trying it.