Lt. Commander
# 1 Too much goes to into C-Store
01-25-2011, 08:47 PM
I understand the whole c-store thing and paying $15 a month... but I don't agree with so many darn things in the C-Store.

Would it really hurt to release some things like ships/uniforms/ect for free?

Now seeing the Delta Flyer going C-Store is kind irritating.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-25-2011, 08:52 PM
Personally, considering how limited the off-duty uniform options are, I'm surprised that they released the formal and mercenary sets as C-Store items. These are the kind of things I would have thought to be standard. But it's their business and business will always charge as much as what the consumer is willing to pay.

I'm kinda looking forward to STO going F2P just to get that monthly stipend of Cryptic-Points.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-25-2011, 08:53 PM
You may have missed dstahls post that you will be able to craft it in a new crafting daily.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-25-2011, 08:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperatorDeus40k
You may have missed dstahls post that you will be able to craft it in a new crafting daily.
I did, thank you!
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-25-2011, 08:57 PM
The C-store is intended as an "instant gratification" kind of thing (at least, more recently). I'd like to see ways to get some of the uniforms in-game. (Maybe doing the Devidian missions a certain number of times, or in a time limit, would get you the TOS uniforms?)
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-25-2011, 09:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leegir View Post
I understand the whole c-store thing and paying $15 a month... but I don't agree with so many darn things in the C-Store.

Would it really hurt to release some things like ships/uniforms/ect for free?

Now seeing the Delta Flyer going C-Store is kind irritating.
Think of the game as ice cream and the c-store items as the toppings. C-store items are for flavor that are not suppose to be game changing, just another way to make something good a little bit better....at an additional fee.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-25-2011, 09:55 PM
No, I got the Digital Deluxe edition and the TOS uniforms came standard.

However, I have to agree with you Cuatela, it would be nice to get a few of the items some other ingame way than the C-Store.
I have to say that I was looking at the Galaxy-X myself, but it being C-Store or get 5 friends to sign up being the only two ways, I thought "naaaa" and dropped it, then found out it was pants.

But yes, the new "daily crafting" for the Delta flyer, I will be doing that rather than C-Store, mostly as it sounds like fun, and I found the Delta Flyer to be a bit pants in my eyes, and I do nope this new daily crafting thing gives us more abilities to build ships, upgrade our own, etc.
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-25-2011, 10:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuatela
The C-store is intended as an "instant gratification" kind of thing (at least, more recently). I'd like to see ways to get some of the uniforms in-game. (Maybe doing the Devidian missions a certain number of times, or in a time limit, would get you the TOS uniforms?)
Love the idea where completing explicitly hard optional objectives will yield c-store rewards. Too bad there is no chance Cryptic would ever implement something like this.
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-25-2011, 10:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuatela
Certainly wouldn't disagree with that, can also tie uniform options into the accolades as well.
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-25-2011, 11:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heathen666 View Post
Certainly wouldn't disagree with that, can also tie uniform options into the accolades as well.
Dominion War Vet = DS9 uni's for example.
Defeat 500 Dividans = TOS uni
4000 Klingons = AGT uni
Scan 1000 Data Samples = TMP uni
600 Orions = TNG uni

B'Tran Explorer = A brand spanking new suit.