Lt. Commander
# 21
01-26-2011, 06:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DecadeComplete
On my main character yes. And I gotz me a Orion Engineer Female =]
and now imagine how much more stuff you would have to do at endgame if every uniform, every ship and every item would be connected to something similar like the DXP grind, maybe not just a long boring grind as the DXP grind is, but connected with fun and challenging gameplay, think Fleetactions or STF's.
But not like the Borg set either, which you get for completing it ONCE with a 100% chance.

The most difficult thing about an STF is getting a group together in the first place, but actually getting that loot is a one time thing and then there is no need to EVER do it again.
Lt. Commander
# 22
01-26-2011, 08:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z3R0B4NG View Post
and now imagine how much more stuff you would have to do at endgame if every uniform, every ship and every item would be connected to something similar like the DXP grind, maybe not just a long boring grind as the DXP grind is, but connected with fun and challenging gameplay, think Fleetactions or STF's.
But not like the Borg set either, which you get for completing it ONCE with a 100% chance.

The most difficult thing about an STF is getting a group together in the first place, but actually getting that loot is a one time thing and then there is no need to EVER do it again.
I dunno, if I had to do an 8 hour game time faction grind to be able to 'unlock' Vulcan Bridge Officers, I'd prolly not bother.

[ edit / add ]
And we already have a more generic gameplay grind for mechanical content, the Emblems. *shrug*
Lt. Commander
# 23
01-26-2011, 01:59 PM
You forget, crafting was mentioned, however, the types of materials were not. Think about it... To get a different refit ship at T5, its 500 emblems.... I believe thats over a months worth of work to gather enough emblems. If you have to gather crafting materials... you know they are all going to me the rare particles in double digit amounts. So... It will still take.... most likely 3+ weeks to gather the correct particles, without everyone going to a cluster and farming the heck out of it.
Lt. Commander
# 24
01-26-2011, 02:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedomrunning View Post
You forget, crafting was mentioned, however, the types of materials were not. Think about it... To get a different refit ship at T5, its 500 emblems.... I believe thats over a months worth of work to gather enough emblems. If you have to gather crafting materials... you know they are all going to me the rare particles in double digit amounts. So... It will still take.... most likely 3+ weeks to gather the correct particles, without everyone going to a cluster and farming the heck out of it.
you can at least buy the samples on the exchange. that helps a lot when you really need a specific one.

although obviously you need to play a lot of get enough EC.
Lt. Commander
# 25
01-26-2011, 02:03 PM
I don't mind them putting stuff in the C-Store but FFS stop putting SHIPS in there! Now you can't rebalance anything because people have paid money!!! Argh!
Lt. Commander
# 26
01-26-2011, 02:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leegir View Post
I understand the whole c-store thing and paying $15 a month... but I don't agree with so many darn things in the C-Store.

Would it really hurt to release some things like ships/uniforms/ect for free?

Now seeing the Delta Flyer going C-Store is kind irritating.
We're getting a free shuttle on both factions to compensate.

Also, the Delta Flyer will be available through crafting for free.
Lt. Commander
# 27
01-26-2011, 02:14 PM
Even though it isn't the most popular opinion, I think far too little goes into the C store, I want more Bridge packs More Uniforms more ship costumes, where is my Begal? My custom decor for my ready room? My Holo Novels?

They honestly can't make this stuff fast enough for me.
Lt. Commander
# 28
01-27-2011, 06:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by storm_dragon View Post
Even though it isn't the most popular opinion, I think far too little goes into the C store, I want more Bridge packs More Uniforms more ship costumes, where is my Begal? My custom decor for my ready room? My Holo Novels?

Slightly off topic, but, I think they could probably sell more of the bridge packs if there was a way to preview them in game. Same with the costume bits [for both captain and ship], but I expect those will eventually roll out to match the CO tailor method.
Lt. Commander
# 29
01-27-2011, 07:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sekrit_Agent
I don't mind them putting stuff in the C-Store but FFS stop putting SHIPS in there! Now you can't rebalance anything because people have paid money!!! Argh!
Pretty much. Especially when they said they wouldn't do stuff like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by storm_dragon View Post

If not for the above, I'd almost agree. Some things - like skins on KDF ships that didn't have any customization before, period - would still be a bit annoying. But that's it.
Lt. Commander
# 30
01-27-2011, 08:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reiella View Post
Slightly off topic, but, I think they could probably sell more of the bridge packs if there was a way to preview them in game. Same with the costume bits [for both captain and ship], but I expect those will eventually roll out to match the CO tailor method.
there was a post by dsthal or SS some place that stated they are trying to work into the game a preview for clothing and bridge packs as well as ships themselves prior to purchase. they just have not figured out how to implement it yet.