Lt. Commander
# 1 Benzite Boffs
01-25-2011, 11:23 PM
Are there Benzite bridge officers in the game or am I just really unlucky?

I know Caitian BOffs aren't, but I've found all of the other species except for Benzites.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-25-2011, 11:27 PM
Benzite, Caitians, Joined Trill[Should be a cross faction BO], and a bunch more are either not in the game or impossible. But if you start to see a bunch of new Caitians at ESD on thursday. I'd take that as a hint of what might come maybe. I Don't know. Im keeping my eyes open.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-25-2011, 11:45 PM
The reason caitians and joined trill are not available as bridge officers is because cryptic is working on a system where, eventually, you would be able to promote one of your boffs to the rank of captain, give him/her a ship, and play that character when you feel like it - both of those species are c-store only, which causes complications.

However, I fully agree that Benzite bridge officers should be in the game.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-25-2011, 11:52 PM
Yeah Uh. Im not up for that whole System of making one of my BO's my captain. Unless its the breen. Which I'd take pride in.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-26-2011, 01:25 AM
And Benzites because they can't give them opposable thumbs.
(yes the s behind thumb is supposed to be there)
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-26-2011, 05:26 AM
The whole argument we got back in terms of refining the BO system, is generally one that stinks of much used excuses and failed deadlines.

From races, to broken skills and sex discrepancies to aquiring new BO after you hit admiral, the whole designed is a half finished, half arsed project that seems to always take the backseat every season. Which is pretty weird considering trek is build fundamentally on two ingredients. Ship and crew.

Some of these fixes DO NOT need the captain system and have absolutely NOTHING to do with it. If they have problems with C Store races, then I am sorry but the did that to themselves.

I am grateful for the effort they put on improving things in game, but I am a bit annoyed that they seem to get distracted right and left from things and start so mnay projects without actually finishing any of them.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-26-2011, 05:31 AM
It's annoying that you can't get female BOs of many races, especially Alien. I really hate that.
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-26-2011, 06:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Telbasta
The reason caitians and joined trill are not available as bridge officers is because cryptic is working on a system where, eventually, you would be able to promote one of your boffs to the rank of captain, give him/her a ship, and play that character when you feel like it - both of those species are c-store only, which causes complications.

However, I fully agree that Benzite bridge officers should be in the game.
That sounds like a good, logical explanation, but for a few things: C-Store Tellarite, Rigelian, Klingon, Ferengi, and Pakled playable characters.

In other words, they already have a series of purchasable, playable characters that are also available as Bridge Officers. I realize that these were added probably well in advance of the idea that BOs could become playable characters, but that doesn't take away from the fact that it stands out as an established practice.

If they make the BO as Captains system level-gated (or gated some other way), those who want to play one *now* will still buy them from the C-Store.
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-26-2011, 10:20 AM
I wonder how Joined Trill BOffs would even work. Would the Joined Symbiote trait work like the efficient trait or what? There's not even a physical difference between the Trill and Joined Trill, so the trait would be the only thing to differentiate the two. It'd be nice though if it did, being able to stack the JS trait with my JT Science Capt would certainly help.

I'm just glad I'm not going crazy. I've only received a Rigelian once or twice, so I thought maybe I was just getting really unlucky with Benzites.

Besides adding the missing species, it would be nice to be able to acquire BOffs later on. As weird as it would be, even throwing them into loot tables would be nice. Just write them as rescued hostages or POWs for story purposes.
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-26-2011, 10:26 AM
I saw a Benzite on Tribble the day the new ESD changes went live and we started posting screenies. The next day, they were ALL replaced by Catians. So that tells me Benzites are in the system but Cryptic is not ready to announce them.