Lt. Commander
# 1 T5U Deep Space Science Vessel?
03-01-2015, 03:11 AM
I'm trying to get the Deep Space Science Vessel but as a version that can be upgraded to T5U. The only one I see that seems like it could is the Fleet version, but that's 4 modules.

Is there a cheaper way to T5U for the arrow head?

P.S. The wiki says it's a T5 ship but the one I have doesn't have the upgrade option, I could swear I got it before my VA ship but it's been ages since then.
I had to kill Hakeev because he made a mistake, now it's time to erase that mistake!

- Plays with Crows
Captain
# 2
03-01-2015, 03:44 AM
You need to buy 4 Fleet ship modules and the ship upgrade token. There's no way around it.

...just buy a Vesta. Even better the whole pack.
Career Officer
# 3
03-01-2015, 11:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbob312 View Post
I'm trying to get the Deep Space Science Vessel but as a version that can be upgraded to T5U. The only one I see that seems like it could is the Fleet version, but that's 4 modules.

Is there a cheaper way to T5U for the arrow head?

P.S. The wiki says it's a T5 ship but the one I have doesn't have the upgrade option, I could swear I got it before my VA ship but it's been ages since then.
Not all T5 ships are upgradeable. When you look on the ship status screen, below the picture, are there 2 tabs or 3? Non-upgradeable T5 ships only have 2 tabs there (as with shuttles and T1-T4). Upgradeable T5, T5U, and T6 have three tabs there.
Member of Special Operations Command (UFP)
and leader of House of Calafia (KDF)
and Foundry author (first mission published July 2014)
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-01-2015, 03:45 PM
I thought you were about to tell me even the fleet version can't be upgraded.
I had to kill Hakeev because he made a mistake, now it's time to erase that mistake!

- Plays with Crows
Captain
# 5
03-01-2015, 04:32 PM
http://sto.gamepedia.com/Playable_starship

Look at the chart, when you see ✔️ next to a ship type, it is upgradeable

some t5 ships are only buyable via Dilithium, and therefore not upgradable and are not in the discount for Ship Modules.

I usually buy Fleet Ship Modules via Exchange or C-Store, buy the Fleet Ship and use a Upgrade Token from the Exchange or C-Store.