Ensign
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 8
Hi!

I started a klingon character and I am level 40 now. the problem is that the next mission will come at level 41.

what is the fastest and easiest way to get XP ?

I want to reach the level 50 ASAP because I am thinking on buying a bortasque tactical cruiser

Thank you the help!
Captain
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 1,704
# 2
04-02-2014, 12:43 PM
missions are the fastest. The group content that you can do is OK -- such as fleet alert, and I think you can do a lot of the STFs at 45 on normal mode. That will get you both XP and marks.

There are far more missions than you need to get to 50, just keep doing them until you get close.
Captain
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 2,740
# 3
04-02-2014, 12:51 PM
Yup, just doing the story missions is the fastest way. There is apoint about level 35-40 when you will waste more time doing xp missions of any kind than just doing the story missions. Klingon levelling is slower than any other faction, but in general terms, if you run out of exp and you cant keep doing story missions because you dont have enough level, the only thing you can do is to do some daily missions, like traelus system, sham'ar , allhena station (eta eridani) and do A LOT of doff assignments, trying to get a critical success in all of em.
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 3,249
# 4
04-02-2014, 01:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by apollid View Post
Hi!

I started a klingon character and I am level 40 now. the problem is that the next mission will come at level 41.

what is the fastest and easiest way to get XP ?

I want to reach the level 50 ASAP because I am thinking on buying a bortasque tactical cruiser

Thank you the help!
Pi Canis, Ker'rat/N'Vak, Dailies, fleet alert, and Foundry missions, Alhena (Military contract), those should be able to tide you over and get you to the next level you're able to run story missions.

done right, you could concievably rack up enough resources to kit out WELL when you hit 50. (Dilithium/Fleet credits/EC)
"when you're out of Birds of Prey, you're out of ships."

I play KDF, because being a genocidal maniac works better with Klingons, than explaining it as a member of Starfleet.
Captain
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 2,740
# 5
04-02-2014, 02:37 PM
A really fast way is to buy three of four good doffs to use with marauding missions. I will tell you to buy more, but at lower levels this is not really very achievable.

Marauding missions are really fast some of em (45 minutes - 2 hours) and with the right doffs you have a really good chance to have crits on em. You can do a lot of em in a day. And the good thing about marauding missions is that they give you contraband, so they are fast and really worthy. If yo do so when you reach level 11, i tell you, the exp you will have on higher levels will be really more than enough.. lol.
Commander
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 309
# 6
04-02-2014, 04:20 PM
Foundry farm missions that setup a sequence of ships for you to blast will generate 10k+ XP for a few minutes, also get yourself 500k EC of gear to sell as you do it. The current event 'Mirror whatever' is also pretty good and gives a choice of marks for doing the rep.

You could use the EC to buy XP bonus modules on the exchange for an additional boost.

For a first character I'd play the game and let the XP come naturally, otherwise you get ahead of the system and stomp over opponents or skip content.
Rihannsu
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 8,248
# 7
04-02-2014, 04:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovinspace View Post
The current event 'Mirror whatever' is also pretty good and gives a choice of marks for doing the rep.
The current event 'Mirror whatever' is also only for level 50 captains, which does anyone leveling absolutely no good
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwecaptainsmirk View Post
*reassuringly strokes your hair*
Hush now, you will be back kicking Neelix and killing those nasty Vaadwaur soon enough... hush child.
*pat pat on your head*
epic smirk is epic
Captain
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 1,240
# 8
04-02-2014, 06:51 PM
If you can hit a Borg Incursion match, that might help out. A LITTLE. It's not recommended.
"The community is toxic because they think you're their friend. When they don't like something they won't just dislike and move on, they'll take it as an attack on our 'friendship' and respond in kind." - Nerd^3 on YouTube. Also an easy to see any fandom.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 773
# 9
04-03-2014, 08:42 AM
The easiest thing is to just repeat a few of the previous missions you just did. You have them fresh in your mind, and can just skip through all of the dialog, and cinematic scenes, and just kill things.

I do that, because it is sometimes a long wait to queue for PVE. Especially now that the hourly events are gone (before, there were times there was a wait, but nothing like this). I have been queued up for 15 min before one of them popped.

Always having your DOFFs running missions is good, like mentioned by others. When I am leveling a character, I like to start assigning missions as soon as I log onto that character. Just watch the risk level. If it is high, then I usually skip them till I get better DOFFs.

Also, don't forget to go to KDF academy to run your DOFF missions to get more. Don't bother wasting Dilithium on the one that requires it. Get the others instead. If you get a full roster of whites, you can sell them on the exchange, or convert them into greens, or donate to your fleet, if you are in one.

Those are the thing I do, and am able to level a fresh character to 50 in less than 20 hours of play time.

Tim.
Captain
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 2,740
# 10
04-03-2014, 09:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by razar2380 View Post
The easiest thing is to just repeat a few of the previous missions you just did. You have them fresh in your mind, and can just skip through all of the dialog, and cinematic scenes, and just kill things.

I do that, because it is sometimes a long wait to queue for PVE. Especially now that the hourly events are gone (before, there were times there was a wait, but nothing like this). I have been queued up for 15 min before one of them popped.

Always having your DOFFs running missions is good, like mentioned by others. When I am leveling a character, I like to start assigning missions as soon as I log onto that character. Just watch the risk level. If it is high, then I usually skip them till I get better DOFFs.

Also, don't forget to go to KDF academy to run your DOFF missions to get more. Don't bother wasting Dilithium on the one that requires it. Get the others instead. If you get a full roster of whites, you can sell them on the exchange, or convert them into greens, or donate to your fleet, if you are in one.

And for god sake, dont even think on use dilithium to buy doffs, for god sake. Thats the worst thing you could do. Mostly because there is no need, and dilithium is a really precious resource in the game lol. As i said, you can gather plenty of them if you are a KDF just doing recruitment assignments.

Those are the thing I do, and am able to level a fresh character to 50 in less than 20 hours of play time.

Tim.
Yes, doing some missions you already did is a good strategy.

But, precisely the high risk dofff assignments are the ones that will give you more exp, and the ones that you will gather more critical rewards. It is not a good choice to "skip" em, on the contrary. So, even if the risk is high, it doesnt mean you will lose that doff, most of the cases he will go to the sick bay and thats it. And at lower levels, you dont need to care so much about your doffs. If you lost 1 or 2, bleh, it ok. In fact, when you reach level 50 , all your common doffs should be discharded and you should have only uncommon+ doffs.

And you dont even need to do recruitment-trade missions to gather doffs. As a Klingon, you should have A LOT of recruitment assignments for free. You dont need to exchange any of your doffs. And sellings doffs will give you ec, not experience so its useless for the purposes of the matter.


I mean, doing doff assignments you will never get out of exp to levellling up. Other completely different things to want to level faster and faster. That is just not possible. Its like asking the most fast car in the world to run even faster. Its just not possible. Leveling up in STO is really fast enough.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:52 PM.