Lt. Commander
# 81
04-24-2011, 08:09 PM
The demo launcher was a great tool to use when I made my trailer!

I managed to use the costume swap feature for one scene and it was very handy being able to launch the demos without having to manually type the commands into the launcher.
Lt. Commander
# 82
05-30-2011, 08:05 AM
Hey Rachel, great tool! I'm having an issue with it on my desktop, though. I just downloaded it and tried to run it, but every time I try, it just gives me a pop-up box that says "The Star Trek Online installation path from the config.ini is invalid. Trying to read installation directory from registry." And then it just closes and doesn't do anything. I've tried finding the config.ini file to manually edit it, but with no luck (even after turning on hidden files).

I suspect it has to do with the fact that I have STO installed in a non-standard location, but that's my only guess. Running Win7 64-bit, and it works fine on my laptop, which is also Win7 64-bit and has STO installed to the default location.

EDIT: Interestingly, if I go back and try to command-line run demo files, any demos I try to load that were used by your tool become unplayable, it just crashes every time. Demos I haven't touched with the tool remain unaffected, too.
Lt. Commander
# 83
05-31-2011, 08:02 PM
Another update to the bug report: It only crashes on ground maps I've edited. I can do whatever I want to space maps, and they still seem to load fine. But, if I so much as touch a ground map, then it just gives me errors when I try to load it on my desktop. Very weird.
Lt. Commander
# 84
06-01-2011, 02:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allerka View Post
every time I try, it just gives me a pop-up box that says "The Star Trek Online installation path from the config.ini is invalid. Trying to read installation directory from registry." And then it just closes and doesn't do anything. I've tried finding the config.ini file to manually edit it, but with no luck (even after turning on hidden files).
I am now getting the same error message too. It worked fine a month ago and I've had STO in the same directory the whole time. Nothing's changed. Wonder what broke...
Lt. Commander
# 85
06-03-2011, 05:30 AM
I'm pretty sure it was because I didn't do a proper installation of STO on my desktop after a recent re-format, I just copied it over. I tried re-installing it properly, ran the demo tool, and it gave me the same pop-up box, but it actually loaded this time. So it seems to be working ok now in that respect.
Lt. Commander
# 86
06-03-2011, 12:43 PM
Hmm, well I did do a proper installation and it worked until now.... Guess I should try to reinstall... gah.
Lt. Commander
# 87
06-13-2011, 04:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allerka View Post
Hey Rachel, great tool! I'm having an issue with it on my desktop, though. I just downloaded it and tried to run it, but every time I try, it just gives me a pop-up box that says "The Star Trek Online installation path from the config.ini is invalid. Trying to read installation directory from registry." And then it just closes and doesn't do anything. I've tried finding the config.ini file to manually edit it, but with no luck (even after turning on hidden files).

I suspect it has to do with the fact that I have STO installed in a non-standard location, but that's my only guess. Running Win7 64-bit, and it works fine on my laptop, which is also Win7 64-bit and has STO installed to the default location.

EDIT: Interestingly, if I go back and try to command-line run demo files, any demos I try to load that were used by your tool become unplayable, it just crashes every time. Demos I haven't touched with the tool remain unaffected, too.
Hi guys, sorry, I was away on vacation. Thanks for reporting the bugs. Sounds like a STO update broke something. I'll try to get an update ready to address the issues. Sorry, it is going to take awhile, because my pc had a lot of issues and I'm in the process of rebuilding Windows. I'm now apgrading to Win7 64-Bit, since that seems to be the now most widly distributed OS, at least on newly sold machines.

Hang in there, help is on the way.

Regards,
Rachel
Lt. Commander
# 88
06-13-2011, 11:56 AM
I did eventually uninstall STO and reinstall and I got the "The Star Trek Online installation path from the config.ini is invalid. Trying to read installation directory from registry" again but this time it did work. I haven't gotten the error message since.
Lt. Commander
# 89
07-08-2011, 03:21 AM
@Allerka: I just tried STODemoLauncher with a fresh install of STO with the new Season4 Klingon First City map. I managed to apply costume swap, notification removal, and FX removal without any issues.

Could you please try to recreate one of the bugs you have described? Please keep the original untouched demo and apply filters to a copy. When the edited copy break again, please report that here with the steps to reproduce the error. You'll get a pm with my e-mail address to send me the original and edited demo files.

Regards,
Rachel

P.S.: Working on a new version of the tool right now.
Lt. Commander
# 90
07-08-2011, 06:19 AM
New version 2.9.0 is (finally) out:
  • Improved STO client detection (hopefully, this time it works the way it should)
  • Fixed bug, where commands would trigger wrong actions/dialogs
  • Added most recently used demos list in file menu
  • Expanded Options dialog:
    • User may disable MRU list and specify number of MRU entries.
    • User may now manually remap double-click and enter commands in demos list view
    • User may disable auto-update, or specify alternate update interval

This is the first update that should be detected automatically, if you use the auto-update feature introduced with 2.8.0.

Since I'm a bit busy right now, I can't promise, when I release something new. My best guess would be late August. However, if there are any bugs, I'll do my best to fix them quickly.

Regards,
Rachel