Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Ten Forward
Login

Lt. Commander
Looks like it's a go finally, and NBC will remake Wonder Women for TV. Not sure on the movie version, but that looks like a go too maybe. So the next question is, who should get the lead roles?

Lots of name in the hat, here are a few.

1. Jennifer Love Hewitt
2. Beyonce Knowles
3. Tanit Phoenix
4. Christina Hendricks
5. Lake Bell

Again the TV show is moving forward, but the film version I still don't know if that will happen. So who do you think would be a great Wonder Woman? This is a short list of names, and I know there are more out there, so lets hear your picks.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-26-2011, 05:06 AM
Pamela Anderson.

Since it is the chest that will have the lead role.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-26-2011, 05:07 AM
I'd like to see Morena Baccairn of Firefly/Serenity, and SG-1 fame, as Wonder Woman. Although she may not be available since she's being the Evil Queen Alien on "V"
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-26-2011, 05:11 AM
You know if it was Pamela Anderson back in the day I would give it a thought, but not a Pamela Anderson of today sorry lol. I think Lake Bell might make a good Wonder Woman, but hey that's IMO. lol
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-26-2011, 05:13 AM
Probably an unknown. They should also base the costume off the new one and not the old ridiculous one as iconic as it is. It's just too ridiculous.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-26-2011, 05:15 AM
Good Sir Cedirc,

I apologise but I hate the idea of all of those as wonder woman. Christina Hendricks is the only one there who can act and act well, but she isnt right for Diana Prince.

Wonder Woman should be someone who has very feminine and delecate but tough looks. Think more Ripley from Alien. The man who is producing it (the name escapes me) did Alley McBeal and Boston Legal, I highly doubt he'd cast someone for their chest (which is definately a shame, eh Chat :p)

The only people I could think of to play her would be Lena Headey (TSCC), Michelle Ryan (Bionic Woman/ Doctor Who) or even (Stab in the dark here) Rutine Wesley from True Blood, just for her truly Amazonian looks.

Its regardless doing this anyway, whoever gets the role, we will all hate and I honestly expect the series to be cancelled after 4/5 episodes
Lt. Commander
# 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by USS Parallax
Probably an unknown. They should also base the costume off the new one and not the old ridiculous one as iconic as it is. It's just too ridiculous.
and the current 90s Superboy one is any better?:p
Lt. Commander
# 8
Well I agree, but you know if they get a hotty type, they would push to use the sex sells angle. But IMO they should reimagine her for today, but still keep her close to what we know and love. Meaning keep the outfit in good taste, while making sure it's still the Wonder Woman look.
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-26-2011, 05:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir_Cedric View Post
You know if it was Pamela Anderson back in the day I would give it a thought, but not a Pamela Anderson of today sorry lol. I think Lake Bell might make a good Wonder Woman, but hey that's IMO. lol
2 hot water bottles then? :p

Maybe not... Whoever they pick has to have a nice rack.
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-26-2011, 05:25 AM
Hmmmmm not bad picks Tryulis, you have a very good point on the acting, if you fall short there, doesn't matter who is in the role. lol

Ok You named a few, I need to look at pics. lol

Mine is Lake Bell:

http://www4.pictures.stylebistro.com...ZYPrM4IGUl.jpg

Yours are:

Lena Headey
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3386/...6e61b04dff.jpg

Michelle Ryan
http://www.mankenresimlerim.com/data...591024x768.jpg

Rutine Wesley
http://truebloodnet.com/wp-content/u...d-season-2.jpg

Wow just a lot of hard picks. lol