Lt. Commander
So in the Janurary addition of Ask Cryptic, Stahl said in response to a question about the foundry the possibility of players that rolled an alien character, that they may one day be able to make their home world if they were so inclined. Now this peaked my interest in the foundry. Not only do I suck at missions but so far i've only liked making and exploring the maps i've made.

As you can see by my avatar, I rolled an alien (Or as I call him a Floasian) captain and i've done some crazy RP'ing.

-He got pregnant when he was in the Romulan missions, (He was captured by the Rommies) Which changed his appearance. Then he had to return to his specie's birthing planet and give birth.
-Being assimilated and his resulting revenge on the borg!
-etc........

However, and this can go beyond RPing, but it seems like on top of being able to clearly name your species, you should be able to create their homeworld as well. I've tried on the foundry but to no avail as I didn't like how it happened. I think that the home world system would be much easier to do then fleet starbases ATM. I think that it should be really considered on letting players do this.

Everyone whose alien captain isn't their main has at least one that's their alt.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-26-2011, 08:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by forresto View Post
Everyone whose alien captain isn't their main has at least one that's their alt.
Not everyone...I currently don't have any aliens. :p

As to the foundry, you can already make your "homeworld" (on Tribble) if you want. It just has to be part of a mission.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-26-2011, 08:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuatela
Not everyone...I currently don't have any aliens. :p

As to the foundry, you can already make your "homeworld" (on Tribble) if you want. It just has to be part of a mission.
Well i've tried making a homeworld on the foundry but........ The tools just aren't as dynamic at the moment if you know what I mean. I found something that was cool and I really liked but it turned out super hilly. There was nowhere I could place the small village I wanted to because they all looked like they were floating.

Also, I was'nt able to make any more of my guy's species because the Alien editor on the foundry doe'snt let me scale the different parts of the head or the body.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-26-2011, 08:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by forresto View Post

Sure enough. I have 3 alien alts.