Lt. Commander
# 21
01-26-2011, 02:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPJappic View Post
I hope they did re-texture Earth. It really needed it.
Oh, I'd love it if they used NASA's Blue Marble as the texture for Earth.
Lt. Commander
# 22 Hoping for modern take...
01-26-2011, 02:31 PM
I think most of us knew for a long time the new ESD would be the Mushroom, which is great, but I was hoping the Devs would do a modern take on it, not just copy it.
Lt. Commander
# 23
01-26-2011, 02:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberion1701
I don't know why you'd think that. They wouldn't have needed to design a new exterior if they were just gonna use that one, since it was done ages ago.

I didn't even say it looks bad, it looks like a pretty good replication of the Movie-style ESD. But that screenshot has been around, and its certainly not "WOW that's awesome"

If that ended up being the new ESD, It would be fine, but I am guessing the one we get will have a little more "awesome" mixed in.
Maybe they were going to use the old Exterior, but then decided to make a new one to be different.
Lt. Commander
# 24
01-26-2011, 02:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strorus
I think most of us knew for a long time the new ESD would be the Mushroom, which is great, but I was hoping the Devs would do a modern take on it, not just copy it.
Well I see a couple of possibilities here:

1: This is indeed old artwork or concept art, or preview art or something of that nature indicating it does not represent the final product

2: Any modernizing was done texturally and would be difficult to see at this camera distance in an image of that size.
Lt. Commander
# 25
01-26-2011, 02:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commadore_Bob
Um, look at Earth...
I was quoting 2001 ...............

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberion1701
I KNOW they're updating ESD, but that is OLD artwork. I immediately recognized the image.

And the coloring, lighting, and such still looks wrong for Earth, unless they're changing that too.
After a few min, so did I and I went from "OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!" to "Oh....omg."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strorus
This was my prime concern with having a "new" ESD....actually my prime concern was not having any true reason to switch (RP wise) witch that fear has unfortunately come true ...but I guess my second concern was that this station won't reflect the current ESD's obvious "Hey, we're in the 25th century" vibe.

That's why I still like the current ESD.....because it shows that time has passed and the Federation has upgraded on tech.....but the past months it seems that we're gooing back to the 23rd.....and 22nd centuries....
Lt. Commander
# 26
01-26-2011, 03:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenor-Nyiad View Post
I was quoting 2001 ...............
I know. But I just thought I'd direct your attention that way anyway.

Quote:

That's why I still like the current ESD.....because it shows that time has passed and the Federation has upgraded on tech.....but the past months it seems that we're gooing back to the 23rd.....and 22nd centuries....
Hey, I like my story I came up with in another thread. Use our two guards to explain what happened: a visit from Temporal Investigations.

Basically our going back in time in Night of the Comet disrupted the space-time continuum and that's how we are ending up with the old station.
Lt. Commander
# 27
01-26-2011, 03:18 PM
Quote:

Hey, I like my story I came up with in another thread. Use our two guards to explain what happened: a visit from Temporal Investigations.

Basically our going back in time in Night of the Comet disrupted the space-time continuum and that's how we are ending up with the old station.
While I would still really like that, I have a feeling Q will show up for the one year anniversary and make the switch for us.
Lt. Commander
# 28
01-26-2011, 03:20 PM
Quote:

Oh man I love your explanation on it!
Lt. Commander
# 29
01-26-2011, 03:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathan99
While I would still really like that, I have a feeling Q will show up for the one year anniversary and make the switch for us.
I can somewhat live with that.....but Cryptic's plan that they told us was waaay better.......but Cryptic likes to "Oh wait guys,....remember when we told you..." on us.

Hell....I can live with a short cut scene being installed that would explain the swap between the current and "new" ESD instead of a loading screen for the 1 year anniversary week/month.
Lt. Commander
# 30
01-26-2011, 03:29 PM
I guess its my day to play Debbie-downer....

I don't think you should expect a new exterior with the anniversary event. I don't think its done yet.

Dan made a very specific schedule of what is coming Over Here, and the exterior is not listed, when the Interior is.

And he said, at some point recently, that the new exterior would come "later"

So don't get too worked up just yet...