Lt. Commander
IF I were looking for a good active fleet, one that attempted at least to do the STF missions every other day, (or daily) which treated being part of a fleet like being in a Family, versus being able to say you've maxed the Fleet with 500 members, where would I look?

I'm a six-year veteran player of StarWars Galaxies, and I enjoy STO for the space side of things, and I'd do more on the ground if I could find a group of people who attempted to do more on the ground more than on the weekends or very late at night on weekdays. My son and I have 4x Fed toons and 2 Klingon toons total, and at present I'm not entirely happy with the Fleet that I'm in at the moment. My two toons are VA and RA5+ atm, soon to be VA on the alt.

I'm also looking for a Fleet who looks at this game realistically, and realizes that STO isn't the best thing since white bread, and that can handle members discussing the ups and downs of this game when things do go wrong. Fact is, there's A LOT wrong with this game, and it's frustrating getting past all the flaws when trying to have fun on a daily basis within it.

I'm currently dealing with some people who acted like I insulted their mom when I had issue with things in this game, and you can't for a second think you can have a fleet with 500 members and not have conflicting views about things either.

Any way, I really enjoy the community of a good guild, and I ran many in StarWars Galaxies over the years, and I'm presenting looking for where in this game I might find a place to call home.

Thank you
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-26-2011, 01:40 PM
I don't usually respond to these threads, this is my first response actually, but perhaps Fourth Fleet would be a better match. We're typically older folks 20's-30's+, who definitely see both the good and the bad in the game. It's called being realistic.

We are part of a larger group, that's really not that large, called the Verterans of War. VoW was spawned by the 5-10 of us that remained from Fourth Fleet after the intiial bloom fell off the STO rose about 3-4 months after release. We all play other games, so we are basically going to play the games we like, and start up gaming groups for those, and hopefully we'll pull 4-5 or more permanent members every time we do that. We aren't looking to be the biggest group on the block, we just want to hang out and game with folks of like mind.

But back to STO, the Fourth Fleet still lives, and we are actually getting more members now, where we are running STF's, and doing dailies, and helping lowbies level up on a daily basis. They ran the Cure last night, and we are going to run it again on Satruday (God help us).

At any rate, feel free to check us out...

http://forums.veteransofwar.org/ (we currently are supporting STO, Battestar Galactica Online, and FPS games... parrticularly Battlefield Bad Company 2 (including the Vietnam expansion).

Or better yet, just log into our TeamSpeak3 server... you'll find connection info here -> http://forums.veteransofwar.org/view...hp?f=82&t=1210

Hope to see ya around!
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-26-2011, 02:23 PM
Hey Razor,

I read your entire post and feel that the 501st Legion is the fleet for you, honestly. Iam an ex starwars galaxies player as well (shadowfire). Ive been playing since closed beta. This game isnt the best like you stated but I however love what it offers, and where the future may take this game. The 501st Legion is very active. We may not have 500 people, but we have over 20 that are active. I ususally tend to see 5+ active during the week, in which we run dailies, pvp, and sometimes STF's if we feel like it. We also have a klingon division, which consists of a few LG1 klinks.

We are all about having fun and pretty mature group of players, we talk in ventrilo, and discuss the game and whats going on. If you have any questions feel free to pm me in game or register with our forums and submit an application.

I consider the fleet not just members, but a family. A family that is slowly growing each day.

Cheers
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-26-2011, 03:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorX70
IF I were looking for a good active fleet, one that attempted at least to do the STF missions every other day, (or daily) which treated being part of a fleet like being in a Family, versus being able to say you've maxed the Fleet with 500 members, where would I look?
Hello Razor.

The {UFP} has specific event officers, who's job is to organise events for the fleet. We're holding STF missions very regularly currently in an effort to allow all our members to attain the Borg loot and progress forward.
While our fleet is large, I'm happy to say the community element of the {UFP} is not something we take for granted. If you're good to join us on TeamSpeak in particular, I think you'll find our guys are a friendly and chatty bunch.
Our growth has not been achieved through excessive advertisement or dedicated recruitment divisions (we have none), but rather our commitment to the our fleet and its members.

Quote:
I'm a six-year veteran player of StarWars Galaxies, and I enjoy STO for the space side of things, and I'd do more on the ground if I could find a group of people who attempted to do more on the ground more than on the weekends or very late at night on weekdays. My son and I have 4x Fed toons and 2 Klingon toons total, and at present I'm not entirely happy with the Fleet that I'm in at the moment. My two toons are VA and RA5+ atm, soon to be VA on the alt.
I would never profess our fleet to being perfect, nor could anyone. However what we try to do in understanding this, is make sure our members have many conduits to express their concerns or issues if/when they come up. Our fleet has been in operation over 8 years largely because we treat our members as equals, after all a great idea or suggestion is just that, no matter who it comes from.
We also run a Klingon faction fleet, so your Klingon toons would be most welcome to join the rest of us.

Quote:
I'm also looking for a Fleet who looks at this game realistically, and realizes that STO isn't the best thing since white bread, and that can handle members discussing the ups and downs of this game when things do go wrong. Fact is, there's A LOT wrong with this game, and it's frustrating getting past all the flaws when trying to have fun on a daily basis within it.
I've had conversations with others over the numerous problems STO has, and no one can claim STO is perfect. I do think personally it's moving in the right direction, slowly... but there is still a long way to go.

Quote:
I'm currently dealing with some people who acted like I insulted their mom when I had issue with things in this game, and you can't for a second think you can have a fleet with 500 members and not have conflicting views about things either.
Indeed, not everyone is going to get on with everyone else, and we've had to deal with issues as they arise. People don't have to like each other, but we do expect they respect one another regardless, differing views doesn't mean an argument has to ensue in my personal opinion.

Quote:
Any way, I really enjoy the community of a good guild, and I ran many in StarWars Galaxies over the years, and I'm presenting looking for where in this game I might find a place to call home.
In particular we're always searching for prospective members who are interested in the community element as well as the game; as we spend a great deal of time and effort on focusing on this part of our fleet, which I think is visible on our main community hub, our forums.

If you have any questions feel free to contact me personally, or visit our site at www.ufplanets.com.

Kind Regards,
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-27-2011, 07:52 AM
I just wanted to take the time to let you know about Shadow Dragon Fleet. We offer 110% percent support to our members; We have a fully functioning website (www.shadowdragonfleet.webs.com) and a ventrilo server. We buy are players any equipment they need, we offer training to all of our members (our academy is run by experienced gamers who have MMO experience and have real life tactical experience and also role play experience) We are casual, knowledgeable, dedicated, very friendly, willing to lend a hand and assist the player in any way possible and we have skilled players that participate in pve and pvp. Shadow Dragon Fleet is also allied with other powerful fleets. opportunities are given to those who work hard. We also have higher positions available so there is plenty of room for advancement, and we cover all aspects of the game.

If you have any questions about the fleet feel free to send me a message here, or you can contact me through our site.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-15-2011, 03:33 PM
So any others out there?

I play mostly in the EST time zone, and would like to be able to run STF missions and have others to play with during the week from roughly 3pm-10pm EST and anywhere from 8am-1am EST on Sat and Sundays.

An active Fleet who cares more about its members, versus being able to say they got 500 people and capping the fleet is what I'm looking for too. Quality over quantity is what matters most to me.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-16-2011, 01:05 AM
Hi RazorX70,
Perhaps you should check out 3rd Fleet. We are an international fleet with English, French and German divisions. This gives us an "always on" feel. Whilst I couldn't put my hand on my heart and state we run STF's daily I know there are a couple scheduled per week and lots of ad hoc teaming. We are large but look at that as a greater potential to find fleet mates whenever you are on, offering company and teaming if you want.

We also have a very active forum that encourages open discussion (no slaps for constructive criticism). We are a mature fleet in attitude and try to engender a family feel - but like any familiy as I sure you agree as a father - it's more about what you put in. If you become familiy you will be family. We have a code of conduct that can look a little scary and over the top (it made me gulp when I first read it) but when you read it you realise it is designed to ensure we "play nicely together". Eg no swearing, no politics, no religion. Ultimately we all came together to have fun and it's what keeps us together.

If any of this strikes a chord, check us out on http://www.3rdfleet.com or our vid at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=42p-B1wWDuE&hd=1

Addendum
I just checked out our Starbase One entry and saw the below posted by the guy that runs/administers the English Division and it seemed fitting to add to your post:
Quote:
3rd Fleet is a fleet run community, democratic and run by the members, for the members. To achieve its upmost best.
For full post see: http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...32#post3362332
Lt. Commander
# 8 Check out the 528th Fleet!
02-17-2011, 08:47 AM
Hey RazorX70!

We are a casual-social fleet that is focused on having fun and helping others advance. We have an awesome and extremely friendly leadership that is very helpful.

Again, the purpose of the 528th Fleet is to have fun and help each other out so if you are looking for a fleet with a rigid and strict structure, this fleet may not be for you. And in addition to more members, we are looking for officers who would like to serve at a leadership capacity. After joining, if we feel that you have what it takes to gain a leadership role, we'll take you!

Still interested? If so, please continue reading...

BENEFITS:

* A Team of Experienced and Helpful Officers
Non-Required Scheduled Missions
FREE Vent Server
Fleet Website
Well-Endowed Bank
And more!...

REQUIREMENTS:

Although we are a casual-social fleet, we do have a few relatively minor requirements.

1. Join Ventrilo

As a social fleet, we enjoy working and talking with others. And as many know, typing can surely be a huge pain when trying to complete a mission. Talking allows the team leader to easily direct strategy, which is especially helpful in RAID missions like Infected and The Cure. We have our own server and it is completely FREE to you! All you need is a microphone!

For more information on Vent, visit: http://www.ventrilo.com

2. Apply to the Fleet's Website

528th Fleet Website: http://528th.mmoguildsites.com

Again, focusing on the social aspect, we ask that you apply for membership at our Fleet website. There is a great wealth of information and resources available to you that will help improve your game if you need it. Also, there is more information available regarding rules and Fleet etiquette.

Before you can join the 528th Fleet in game, you would simply need to apply for the fleet on our webpage. Once we receive and review your application, we can meet you online and it will be then we offer you membership into the 528th Fleet.

3. 21+ Age Requirement

4. Be Drama-Free!

Regarding the previous two requirements, I must emphasize that we are a casual and social fleet looking to primarily have fun together. We feel that in order to do that, one must have a certain level of maturity, which is usually brought about with age.

In addition, we understand that drama is inevitable anywhere; however, as a fleet geared towards fun, we ask that you keep the drama at a minimum, if not, zero. We understand that there may be some instances of misunderstandings, but hopefully we can resolve those issues as mature adults.

5. Participation

There are many ways to participate within the 528th Fleet. While our requirements are not very strict, we do ask that you participate in some way, shape, or form. Quite honestly, we think that is what MMOs (and in turn, Star Trek) is all about, which is active participation and helping out.

So while we do schedule times where we can participate in missions like Raidisodes, we are NOT requiring any of our members to participate. If you would like to join us, feel free to do so! The more the merrier! The participation requirements we are speaking of are things like:

>> Bank Actions
If you withdraw something, by all means, give something back. That old saying, "Your trash is someone else's treasure" rings very true here.

>> Ask for our help! And in turn, give help!
There is nothing wrong with asking for help on anything. And whenever you can, try to help someone else out if they need it. Believe us, it makes the game so much more enjoyable.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

So that essentially sums it up! Please don't hesitate to contact me if you have any more questions regarding the 528th Fleet. And again, for more info and rules, please visit the fleet webpage at: http://528th.mmoguildsites.com