Lt. Commander
Cryptic you are such a tease ... just in time for One Year Anniversary?

Here is an image for those that missed it
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-26-2011, 07:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkstocbr
Cryptic you are such a tease ... just in time for One Year Anniversary?

Here is an image for those that missed it
I saw that.

However, it's not on tribble... yet.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-26-2011, 07:43 PM
And as I said in the OTHER thread about this... that is not a new image.

That screenshot has appeared before, I think even as one of the launcher splash images. Its quite old.

I think its totally unrelated to the new ESD, other than they both are based on the old "ESD" design from the movies and shows.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-26-2011, 07:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberion1701

That screenshot has appeared before, I think even as one of the launcher splash images. Its quite old.

I think its totally unrelated to the new ESD, other than they both are based on the old "ESD" design from the movies and shows.
huh ?
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-26-2011, 07:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren_Kitlor
I saw that.

However, it's not on tribble... yet.
Yeah I was hoping it would be on Tribble . But with the last patch you can now see the external mushroom part of the station our the window. ooooooo. Getting very excited now.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-26-2011, 07:53 PM
What was confusing about that? The image in the launcher isn't new, its been around quite a while. I am fairly certain its even been in the launcher before for some announcement.

Its possible they have been keeping it under wraps, but nothing suggests that the new exterior is coming in the next 2 months - it was obviously absent from Dstahl's very detailed release schedule, even through the interior was mentioned, and he also said at some point that the exterior would come later than the interior. They also announced that plans changed re: letting the KDF blow it up.

So while it would be awesome if the ESD gets blown up by the Romulans in the next series, or whatever, don't be disappointed if nothing happens and the exterior ends up being a while off yet.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-26-2011, 07:54 PM
Quote:

Unrelated? Someone is going to be in for a big surprise then

You can now see the external mushroom part of the station out the window
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-26-2011, 08:04 PM
Quote:
What was confusing about that? The image in the launcher isn't new, its been around quite a while. I am fairly certain its even been in the launcher before for some announcement.

Its possible they have been keeping it under wraps, but nothing suggests that the new exterior is coming in the next 2 months - it was obviously absent from Dstahl's very detailed release schedule, even through the interior was mentioned, and he also said at some point that the exterior would come later than the interior. They also announced that plans changed re: letting the KDF blow it up.

So while it would be awesome if the ESD gets blown up by the Romulans in the next series, or whatever, don't be disappointed if nothing happens and the exterior ends up being a while off yet.
da wha ? :O
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-26-2011, 08:18 PM
Sigh...

I KNOW they're redoing ESD with a new exterior. I KNOW that its supposed to look like the old movie ESD.

I KNOW that image in the launcher ALSO looks like the old movie ESD.

THE ONLY THING I am saying is that THIS PARTICULAR IMAGE IN THE LAUNCHER IS NOT NEW.

The sooner the better, if they're changing the way things look from inside the station.

But keep your expectations in check, because nothing has been announced as imminent, and its not on the schedule, so when they DON'T release the new exterior for a couple of months, we don't need "OMG you promised this ages ago. RAAAAAAAGGE" posts about it.

It it comes out during the series, or with the anniversary... AWESOME. This old screenshot doesn't count as evidence of that, though.
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-26-2011, 08:26 PM
What if this is the "Old Friend"?

It makes sense, it's not really a friend but we all know it, super nostalgia?