Lt. Commander
I was pondering over wither to fit [Dmg] or [CritD]. I assume [Dmg] out paces [CritD] in damage output over time, but I was wondering if anyone did the math or had a reliable source that confirmed this.

I did some very rough numbers some time back...very rough. It appears [Dmg] does outpace [CritD], but I dont pretend to know enough about the way things are calculated to come up with a definitive conclusion.

Does anyone have a good idea?
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-18-2011, 09:17 PM
I think most would say accuracy and crit chance would come before crit damage if not both crit damage and the damage modifier
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-18-2011, 11:30 PM
It depends on overall build tbh. Accuracy is really nice, but if you use tractor beam to lower the defense of your target, you can live without that. Crit severity is nice for tacs...I prefer dmg on my sci toons.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-19-2011, 08:18 AM
Interesting, [Acc] trumps all?...I guess I can see the benefits of [CritH] though...though I have generally ignored it as a desired trait for my gear.

My current build will be a Battle Cruiser, beams and likely a cannon or two. My concern is sustained output for the beams and 180 deg cannons, while my small arc cannons I want burst.

I'd love to get more perspectives, especially those based on some number crunching.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-27-2011, 03:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalnar
It depends on overall build tbh. Accuracy is really nice, but if you use tractor beam to lower the defense of your target, you can live without that. Crit severity is nice for tacs...I prefer dmg on my sci toons.
Thats a nice explanation for not to use Acc modifiers in our weapons , making our choice easier.However its good to note as i assume u already know , that excess Accuracy is converted to bonus Crit.Severity , no matter how low the defence of your target is.

Therefore i think its wise for everyone to use at least 1 Acc modifier in his weapons , whatever type it is.
Next on importance i would place Crit.Chance and on the 3rd place i lean towards Crit.Sev slightly more than Dmg , but for that im not sure.

I just have this impression that Dmg modifiers give a small bonus , though i do use 1 Dmg Mod in my weapons , as i have no choice.

I just hope 1 day we will have the ability to craft weapons with the modifiers we want.