Lt. Commander
# 1 Server Downtimes
01-27-2011, 03:13 AM
I know this game is only a year old but I just joined two weeks ago and in that short time there have been 7 server downtimes.

I've played MANY MMO's and this MMO has by far the most frequent downtimes I've seen.

IS this the level of service I should expect from STO in the short and long term? if so then I think I deserve a refund! these outages are waaay too frequent.

I am living in Thailand atm and these downtimes are hitting me during MY prime time 6:00pm

Can someone from Cryptic please respond to this?

Greg
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-27-2011, 03:14 AM
you can't have played many mmo's SoE is infamous for there daily maitence and so is a lot of other mmo's
Lt. Commander
# 3 reply
01-27-2011, 03:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lufia
you can't have played many mmo's SoE is infamous for there daily maitence and so is a lot of other mmo's
Actually I played EQ2 for 6 years and no they don't have daily downtimes. its more like once every two week barring a new expansion coming out of course.

Greg
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-27-2011, 03:22 AM
There is a bunch of expansions going on each of the servers. Today is a REFRESH of Holodeck/Live.

Relax. Grab a snack. it should be back soon.

/Decadecomplete.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-27-2011, 03:25 AM
What this thread needs is more math!

$15 for 30 days of playtime.
7 downtimes is about... Oh lets say 14 hours.
1 month(30 days more or less) is 730 hours.
24 hours per day.

Compensation shall be payed in either cents or bananas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DecadeComplete
There is a bunch of expansions going on each of the servers. Today is a REFRESH of Holodeck/Live.

/Decadecomplete.
I'm baking a cake.
(why yes it is a bananacake)
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-27-2011, 03:26 AM
i have played mmo's where you beg for maintenance or the company doesn't care. so in my opinion this is better then a game you can't play because its broken. also all the maintenance is not always game server affecting if your logged in. just so you know my gaming experience is 25 years so i do have some experience. also STO is a living growing piece of software that craves attention.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-27-2011, 03:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BKKBum
I know this game is only a year old but I just joined two weeks ago and in that short time there have been 7 server downtimes.

I've played MANY MMO's and this MMO has by far the most frequent downtimes I've seen.

IS this the level of service I should expect from STO in the short and long term? if so then I think I deserve a refund! these outages are waaay too frequent.

I am living in Thailand atm and these downtimes are hitting me during MY prime time 6:00pm

Can someone from Cryptic please respond to this?

Greg
welcome to STO! i have been here since Beta.... normally there is not this much server down time. They tend to do regular maintenance and stuff on Thursdays i believe? (correct me someone if i'm wrong)

however recently they have had a flurry of things to do... account servers have had to be updated due to CoH going free to play and a number of features are getting ready for release. Its a busy time for STO and that will show in server down time. its annoying now, but its going to be worth it with how much they improve the game.
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-27-2011, 03:30 AM
I think they need to start bundling these needed updates and patches so they come less often.

Greg
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-27-2011, 03:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BKKBum
I think they need to start bundling these needed updates and patches so they come less often.

Greg
Last time they did that... Well... Kitchen Sink.

And thats all that needs to be said because the event is best left forgotten. *cringes*
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-27-2011, 03:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DecadeComplete

/Decadecomplete.
I think after the winter break they have a bit of catching up to do

Their catching up allows me to conquer the galaxy as the Borg in Sins of a Solar Empire Sacrifice of Angels 2.... Mwa ha ha