Lt. Commander
I'm finding that the cursor gets lost easily during combat, given my large screen size. Ui scale adjust moment affect the mouse cursor.

I just find it to dark and small, especially during pvp combat when space gets cluttered.

It is at the point for me that I am temted to get a multi touch monitor to play just so I can balance shield and off powers more easily.

Can we make it brighter and larger please?
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-27-2011, 06:36 AM
The devs were mentioning an update to the cursor for Season 3; but I think that fell by the wayside due to other cursor related bugs on Tribble.

However, you can mod a better cursor yourself, just by copying a few files over to your install.

Full instructions are found at STO Advanced:

http://www.sto-advanced.com/?p=361

Hope this helps!
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-27-2011, 06:46 AM
I used the mod at sto-advanced.com, now it's a bright yellow cursor. It's neat.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-27-2011, 09:42 AM
Well, while modding of the game is strictly Forbodden and I won't do it, I do hope however, that they give us scaling and color options to do it ourselves in-game, cause I too suffer from lost mouse on my big screen monitor during combat...
Lt. Commander
# 5 --
01-27-2011, 09:51 AM
--- /agreed
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-27-2011, 09:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Orig_Jean_Luc_Picard
Well, while modding of the game is strictly Forbodden and I won't do it, I do hope however, that they give us scaling and color options to do it ourselves in-game, cause I too suffer from lost mouse on my big screen monitor during combat...
Modding is not against the rules as long as it doesn't give u an advantage

Quote:
Originally Posted by coderanger
Cryptic does not accept unsolicited art assets of any kind. As for client file modifications, they are strictly unsupported and if they break your computer and kick your dog we will not help you. They fall under the same general category as things like macro'ing. If you do something that affects game balance or are griefing another player somehow (though I'm not sure how that would be possible in this case) it is grounds for an immediate, permanent ban. If you want to be 100% safe, then steer clear, otherwise if it comes to your judgement vs. ours I think you know what will happen. Hope that clears things up in an only slightly ominous fashion.
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...4&postcount=16
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-27-2011, 09:59 AM
agreed...modding is not supported, but it is also not necessarily prohibited.