Lt. Commander
A little drunk, a little bored, and interested in starting this topic again (made one in general a few days ago) Let's begin. Most of this stuff is

Q Continuum vs Time Lords of Doctor Who

IMO: Q or a tie

5 Space Marines vs 5 Klingon

IMO: Space Marines (They train for several hundred years before they see active combat, and not only do they have multiple hearts like Klingons, they have multiple lungs INCLUDING an aqua lung, and a bunch of other neat-o special made organs that shoot venom and other goodies)

5 Necrons vs 5 Borg

IMO: Tie (I honestly do not know, can Necrons be assimilated? can Borg adapt to Necron Gauss tech?)

5 Cybermen (doctor who and inspiration for borg) vs 5 Borg

IMO: Borg

5 Borg vs 1 Dalek

IMO: Dalek, i mean seriously http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBSOhODoch0

USS Enterprise vs ANY Space Marine Battle Barge

IMO: Hell if I knew, Barges have world enders but they SEEM older tech wise, idk.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-27-2011, 08:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pavement0
A little drunk, a little bored, and interested in starting this topic again (made one in general a few days ago) Let's begin. Most of this stuff is

Q Continuum vs Time Lords of Doctor Who

IMO: Q or a tie

Q, no contest. Though you might consider it a victory if Q just puts 'em through a test like he does with Picard all the time. But in a battle to the end, Q easily.

5 Space Marines vs 5 Klingon

IMO: Space Marines (They train for several hundred years before they see active combat, and not only do they have multiple hearts like Klingons, they have multiple lungs INCLUDING an aqua lung, and a bunch of other neat-o special made organs that shoot venom and other goodies)

I'm not sure you're aware of this but Space Marines are in countless fictional works. I have no idea which ones you mean.

5 Necrons vs 5 Borg

IMO: Tie (I honestly do not know, can Necrons be assimilated? can Borg adapt to Necron Gauss tech?)

What the crap are necrons? Too lazy to google.

5 Cybermen (doctor who and inspiration for borg) vs 5 Borg

IMO: Borg

Yes.

5 Borg vs 1 Dalek

IMO: Dalek, i mean seriously http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBSOhODoch0

It matters. If the Daleks aren't smart and even if ONE gets assimilated the Borg could be trouble. At that point they've taken their knowledge and might even be able to time travel with ease like the Daleks can.
If the Daleks don't get assimilated it's no contest. One good time travel and the Borg aren't an issue.

USS Enterprise vs ANY Space Marine Battle Barge

IMO: Hell if I knew, Barges have world enders but they SEEM older tech wise, idk.

Again, space marines are in 1000 things.

RED TEXT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lksdjfsdfs
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-27-2011, 08:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by USS Parallax
RED TEXT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lksdjfsdfs
Space Marines and Necrons from Warhammer 40k

Space Marines are essentially SUPER DUPER Humans who are genetically modified to be 8 ft tall, have multiple hearts, lungs, etc etc and more additional organs, live to be several thousand years old and even some of the dead ones or near dead ones serve as "dreadnaughts" or "living coffins" sorry I normally root for klinks being one myself but there are stories of one space marine wiping out entire nations, lol i have to give that one to them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yu4ABhVd28U spacemarines and the dreadnaught is found around 1:40

Necrons are essentially borg pound for pound in my opinion

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ktNc6GVItU

edit: also the necrons are apparently as old as dirt, and if you ever played mass effect and learned about the reapers, the stories of the two species and their goals are nearly identicle (come around every hundred thousand years or so to cull all living civilizations and reap...something? idk the necrons havent told what they do with the bodies and are all mysterious like, and worship the god of death named nightbringer which supposedly haunted mankind's dreams who personafied him as the grim reaper

http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Night_Bringer

i still say borgs tie with the necrons or if they CAN assimilate the necrons (i kinda doubt it), beat the **** out of them.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-27-2011, 09:25 PM
I did a comparison way back in beta between a 40k Imperial Battleship and a Star Trek vessel and...Would be a good battle.

Both ships have A LOT of firepower. An Imperial Battleship would have a complement of Cyclonic Torpedoes, the primary Exterminatus weapon of the Imperium. These weapons have spectacular effects. As stated in both the episodes 'Whom Gods Destroy' and 'A Taste of Armageddon', a TOS Constitution like the Enterprise has enough firepower to scour an Earth-like planet of life in 24 hours.

Cyclonic Torpedoes however are not used in ship to ship combat, so a better comparison would be to compare phasers versus Imperial weapons to get a better idea. I used the Lance Battery as a comparison point.

According to the TNG episode 'Who Watches the Watchers?', a Galaxy's phaser emitter is powered by a 4.2 gigawatt generator, with ten being connected together into an array, giving each array a 42 gigawatt strength (low end? Perhaps it works on a gestalt principle, see musings on nature of phasers).

A Lance Battery works on a very similar principle of multiple beam emitters (about 40) being connected together to form a more powerful beam. The problem here lies in getting the strength of these weapons. I have seen ranges from as low as 200 megawatts per beam to as high as 2.4 gigawatts per beam.

Defensive systems would once again depend on how their weapons stacked up. As both ships have adequate defensive abilities against their respective strengths, we would need to get a better understanding of how their weapons stack up against each other for analysis here.

This also led to some musings from me regarding whether phasers and lasguns were projectile or energy weapons, or perhaps even the same things. The exact natures of both are open to speculation and vary depending on the source.

According to TNG, phasers fire nadions (subatomic particles) that then liberate strong nuclear forces, dissolving atoms. Which would technically make phasers particle beams. Furthermore, phasers have been rigged to detonate on proximity and to fire nanoprobes.

Lasguns, in many WH40k works, are treated similarly to projectile weapons. They are effected by wind and gravity, which a laser would not be effected by. They are also depicted as having some manner of tracer trail, which they would not have if they were truly lasers. Furthermore, the sniper rifles in Necromunda are said to be a lasgun that propels a solid dart.

It is easy to look at an Imperial ship and think it is inferior to a Federation vessel. However, the Imperium is certainly at least on par with the Federation in cybernetics (look at Techpriests and Servitors) and biological sciences (can regrow lost limbs, clone swarms of birds, make servitors and space marines, and the germ bombs are also demonstrate some advanced biological engineering).

The Imperium has advanced display technology (holographic images are pretty common, at least according to the Eisenhorn trilogy).

And the Imperium's weapons, at least on the ground, are at least on par with the Federation's in terms of strength.

Imperial materials sciences is also remarkably advanced, able to cheaply create lightweight plastics that can absorb and reflect heat and energy attacks and even materials that can change their coloration to blend in with the surrounding terrain.

Either way, Federation versus Imperium would be a good match.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-27-2011, 09:33 PM
United Federation of Planets vs Citizens Federation (Starship Troopers)

Untied Feferation of Planets vs United Earth Directorate (Starcraft)

Either fight would be an awesome match.

But as for straight up armageddon on a galactic scale:

Borg Vs Zerg (Starcraft) Vs Flood (Halo) There can be no winners.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-27-2011, 10:07 PM
Kirk vs. Han Solo (no Chewie, hes at the groomers)

???
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-27-2011, 10:08 PM
Picard vs. Grand Moff Tarkin...
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-27-2011, 10:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by President_Shinzon View Post
United Federation of Planets vs Citizens Federation (Starship Troopers)

Untied Feferation of Planets vs United Earth Directorate (Starcraft)

Either fight would be an awesome match.

an even better champ for that fight: Tyranids (also Warhammer and also directly responsible for the inspiration of the zerg)

these are essentially zerg that fight on a MUCH, MUCH MUCH MUUUUCH larger scale. (at the end of the first trailer, the woman who says "this planet is theirs" is pointing to the sky and a tryranid swarm that was blocking out the sun)

they use bioships like speices 4872 and are on the same level of tech, only their armies, are literally the size of the milky way galaxy and possibly much much larger, as they travel in a locus like swarm the end of which has never really been witnessed.

also, theres like 4 of these swarms slowly encroaching on the milky way from all sides.

http://images.wikia.com/warhammer40k...incursions.jpg

yeah, those weird tentlacles are actually armies...armies who's size rivals a ****ing galaxy

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_exqyvOBAvp...d_the_line.jpg

and like the borg, they have a penance for adapting and integrating new biological data to be used as "bio tech"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vxz1GH-3pYQ
^---the little ship flying besides the big ships at the end btw, about the size of the enterprise ><

tyranids: ****ing up your **** since 1980s
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-27-2011, 10:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoduck360
Picard vs. Grand Moff Tarkin...
Picard, Moff was a *****.

And as for kirk or han? Well both had officer training (han was a stormtrooper once) but kirk, for all his fighting, has not had to constantly fight grim odds like han did prior to his entry in the alliance. id say han is better in a fist fight
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-27-2011, 10:33 PM
Enterprise-E vs Super Star Destroyer:

Enterprise-E wins hands down.
Even by TNG standards lasers were extremely old tech, and if an SSD can be brought low by a crashing A-Wing to the right spot how much worse would 10 quantums right through the reactor core be?

Consider too that Star Wars ships likely use much weaker shields.
Phaser > Laser, and lasers could eventually take down a SW ships shields.
So phasers > > > SW shields.

Enterprise-E Vs USAF Daedalus (Stargate):

Enterprise-E, but only because of better offense.
It looks like Stargate ships' shields are more inline with Trek, but E obviously outmatches any heretofore seen Earth ship in terms of raw punch.

Enterprise-E Vs Asgard prototype Warship:

Enterprise-E by small margin only.
Asgard ships seem much more offensively equipped but come on....
E as seen in Nemesis has more phaser emitters and torpedo tubes than I could count....
Shes going to take a beating, but still win.

Quote:
Originally Posted by President_Shinzon View Post

Egads.... I'm not even sure a Chief/Cortana/Jhonson/Janeway/Picard/Sisko/Kirk/Raynor/Tychus alliance of good guys could prevent the end of the human race under those conditions...

I say fire the Halo array and be done with it, everyones gonna die anyways might as well ensure that the next life-cycle of the galaxy is infestive evil villain free.