Lt. Commander
# 11
02-15-2011, 05:39 AM
it might help if we knew what videocard and drivers you people use.

if multiple people are affected i'd say an overheating issue is out the window (certainly looks like one though)

it still could be a driver issue, maybe some driver panel setting...?

you tried using an older driver, reset everything to default etc. ?
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-17-2011, 10:14 AM
I have an HIS ATI radeon 5670 HD Driver Version: 8.812.0.0

yes i have tried everything reset, re-downloaded, and reinstalled. I have even tried using old drivers the one the came with the card that I bought a year ago. The only way I could get the game to work was to delete the the drivers and use the windows basic drivers. The game looks like crap but at least it is playable.
Lt. Commander
# 13
03-01-2011, 10:12 PM
I have the same problem. Most likely because Cryptic doesn't want to fix problems with ATI cards because my card is ATI Radeon 4650, latest driver update (v 11.2) from 1-27-11
Lt. Commander
# 14
03-05-2011, 11:44 PM
I have the same issue. Mine is getting really bad that it makes it really hard to complete missions because I can't see everything especially on ground missions.

Mine has been acting up starting this year I've only had one time when I played for a long time and all was visible.

I have An ATI Mobility Radeon HD Driver 5650 version 8.771.1.0 up to date.

here are links to videos I took of the game play.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Eo06FKLlZk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RPmrOHfynfM
Lt. Commander
# 15
03-07-2011, 11:56 AM
Hi guys
I'm having the same game play issues. I'm using a ATI Radeon 4200 HD. I've been using the same machine since day one without any issues. Could this be related to the last patch as that's when my issues started?! It's getting so bad now that I can't play at all
Lt. Commander
# 16
03-09-2011, 05:57 AM
bump

Looking for answers from somebody, hopefully a Dev will look into this.
Lt. Commander
# 17
03-10-2011, 04:24 AM
For those with issues on other games: have you tried on another graphics card to eliminate it as the card itself? as main reason this would occour is a faulty card.

For everyone: have you considered that the DX install has corupted?

Link: Diagnose video card problems by comparing with example corrupted screens
Lt. Commander
# 18
03-10-2011, 07:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xth3xr34p3rx View Post
For those with issues on other games: have you tried on another graphics card to eliminate it as the card itself? as main reason this would occour is a faulty card.

For everyone: have you considered that the DX install has corupted?

Link: Diagnose video card problems by comparing with example corrupted screens

Thanks for giving a suggestion. I know That with my computer and from what it sounds like after reading others post. It's not our graphics card because this only happens with star trek online. So according to the article that would mean it could be a software problem with STO.

But thanks for the article it gives some options to look at.
Lt. Commander
# 19
03-11-2011, 09:10 AM
Did you experiment with different driver settings like lower anti-aliasing, tripple buffers and such?
I have the Nvidia Radeon GTX 260, i leave everything on default except for the multi-monitor setting, i switch it to single monitor performance mode. Most things are on "let the application decide". The newest drivers are Stereoscopic 3D drivers maybe Nvidia has to solve a few issues still, i am fine however.
Lt. Commander
# 20
03-11-2011, 10:31 AM
You could try deleting some of your HOGG files (in Star Trek Online/Live/piggs). I have seen one case (internally here at work) of one of our programmer's test machines getting this type of artifact due to corrupted data in one of the HOGG files. We suspected it was the graphics card, which it is usually, but not always, with this kind of artifact. After we swapped cards, the bug was still present, so we started looking for other errors and eventually found a log indicating some patching error. Unfortunately this was like 6 months ago and I don't recall the exact diagnosis. Not sure which file to suggest deleting, but it looks like bins.hogg (unfortunately the largest HOGG file, at least in my install!). Anyway post if that works.

Thanks to the customer who posted videos, that really clarified what kind of bug this is.

HYPER, can you take a look at the video and comment if that's the same artifact? It's hard to compare your screenshots, though one in particular looked like it might be the same kind of thing.

Finally, if you've filed a ticket on this issue, please speak up (can you give me a ticket number) as I'd like to take a look at the tickets and see how much progress they've made in getting elevated to bug reports instead of having CS look at it. Please, only tickets with respect to this particular bug - I have plenty of stuff to look at right now, if you've seen my other posts you'll know this is true

Dave