Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > C-Store, ZEN, and Promotions
Login

Lt. Commander
Okay, it seems like there's currently some kind of divide between 'Atari Tokens' and 'Cryptic Points.' The understanding I get from everything I've read is they should work the same way, work for all Atari/Cryptic games, etc. But as of right now, they're not.

I also play CO, and figured I'd buy some of the new goodies from the F2P conversion. I bought a little more than I needed since I know I want to get some of the upcoming goodies from STO like the Delta Flyer, Vulcan Ship and so on. Now I have ZERO cryptic points when I go to the STO C-Store and all my points are showing up as Atari Tokens in CO. Umm . . . what happened to being able to use them across all Atari games?

Is there some way I could have my balance transferred back over to the STO C-Points side now?
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-30-2011, 05:19 PM
I was curious what's going on with this myself... prior to CO F2P, the Cryptic Points worked on both games, but now Atari Tokens seems limited to CO even though if you go to your account management on the STO website it has them labeled as Cryptic Points/Atari Tokens while CO's account management just has them as Atari Tokens now.

Since both games are claiming Atari Tokens, and since the description on the side when you buy them claims they work across games... why can't I access my Tokens in STO?
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-30-2011, 08:37 PM
STO is converting to Atari Tokens, C-Points will now be exclusive to Champions. Any non-stipend C-Points you had will become Atari Token.

If you give me a few minutes, I'll track down my sources, too.

EDIT: Here ya go.

Direct from Stormshade himself.

I was close, so it turns out all C-Points will now be Atari Tokens.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-31-2011, 07:55 AM
Right... so how come the paid for Atari Tokens aren't showing up in STO?
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-02-2011, 12:43 AM
That is indeed the question, and I'm still trying to find an answer for it here.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-02-2011, 12:55 AM
I do not understand the harm in them being shared between both games if it makes customers happy in both games. I haven't seen a dev post justifying this or explaining it adequately. Why would they intentionally make it less player-friendly? Seems to run opposiite of common sense and will make microtransactions in both games more of a hassle, if I'm understanding it correctly. If you've paid for the points, why do they care in which game you spend them? I did read the FAQ. I guess I'm missing the logic.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-02-2011, 02:16 AM
did you buy the atari tokens in game and not via the website? i have noticed they dont transfer over to sto. dont know if that is a bug or intended.

if you buy them on the website then both should get it, although i have only tested that for sto.

the safest thing to do is buy tokens on the sto website. that does work for both.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-02-2011, 03:21 AM
i also tried buying a co item.

due to the in game co points i bought i had around 1397 points for co and 1000 points for sto.

i would have assumed it would use the co points first that i had bought and then gone into the joint points.

however i know have 264 sto points and around 661 co points. something looks wrong to me.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-02-2011, 11:29 AM
Same question! I got a monthly stipend from CO and I wanted to use it to buy STO stuff, and I can't! Even now that both games are Atari tokens. So what is going on?
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-02-2011, 12:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martok42 View Post
Same question! I got a monthly stipend from CO and I wanted to use it to buy STO stuff, and I can't! Even now that both games are Atari tokens. So what is going on?
Because Cryptic don't want people throwing money at them and buying Champions subs out the wazoo, they fixed it so the Champions Point stipend can only be spent in Champions.

What's 'supposed' to happen is that purchases in the Champions store will use the Champions only points first, and only then use the generic Atari Tokens that can be bought in either game.

By the looks of things, the generic tokens are being used first, even in Champions purchases.

It might get fixed if folk kick up enough stink.