Lt. Commander
# 1 In Search of a Fleet
01-28-2011, 10:10 AM
=/\= Greetings.

The fleet I have been in since STO launched is essentially defunct, and I have numerous alts looking for a good home. I am not in search of just any fleet, I am looking for the one that is right for me. As such, please allow me the opportunity to tell you a little about myself and what I am looking for.

About me;
  • Can tell by my reg date that I am here since launch and a lifer
  • Mature, experienced player
  • Mostly enjoy my solo time doing regular content/explorations etc. but I do enjoy teaming with / helping out others when I can
  • EST Time zone, play mostly evenings and on weekends if the weather is bad
  • Not a RP'er but don't mind at all those who are into it
  • Not really a voice chat-type person as I find it distracting, so Vent/TS are not of great importance to me
  • I have 3 VA's Fed side (Tac, Eng and Sci) and 1 LG Klingon side (Eng). I have various alts of differeing levels as well
  • If you have a website, great! If not, not a big deal
  • Fleet Bank access is not important to me
  • Getting promoted through Fleet Ranks is not that important to me. It is great if you have them though!

What I am looking for;
  • A decent group of friendly, mature people to team with
  • Casual playstyle
  • Regular events (ie. Fleet Actions, STFs, PvP) - very important!
  • Both Fed and Klingon Faction fleets would be awesome
  • Bonus points if you have your own Chat channel (other than the Fleet one)

What I am not looking for;
  • Mandatory playtime requirements (sorry, the wife and RL always trumps STO for me)
  • Mandatory voice chat (I will listen in for STFs if needed)
  • Bank deposit requirements (ie. ALL crafting samples gathered MUST go to the Fleet)
  • Mandatory that ALL my characters MUST be in the Fleet (I have my own personal fleet for most of my characters already, mostly for the storage space).

Your Fleet gets bonus points if; :p
  • You know the answer to the question of why Captain Kirk is climbing a mountain
  • You too were dizzied by the overuse of lens flares, camera shake and horrible script writing of the last "Trek" film (if you can even call it that...)
  • You consider "Galaxy Quest" among your top 3 choices of Star Trek movies
  • You have no problems admitting you have visited the Shatner's Toupee Blog site at least once in the last month OR own a copy of the "Encyclopedia Shatnerica" (+2 if it is the Milennium edition)
  • Find yourself speaking/cursing in Klingon while shooting Feds during PvP matches :p

Thank you for taking the time to read my post and please feel free to PM me here, shoot me a mail in game or a reply here. I am happy (and would prefer) to meet with you in game to learn more about your fleet and to discuss the possibility joining.

Live long and prosper, watch your step around the Tribbles and happy STO gaming to you!
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-28-2011, 10:18 AM
You know the answer to the question of why Captain Kirk is climbing a mountain - is the answer "Bob"?
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-28-2011, 10:46 AM
Hello Shard-Warrior,

{UFP}The United Federation of Planets sounds like it might be a perfect fit for you. We are a large international with fleet with a large memberbase in the North American timezones, including EST. We have regular events including all of those you mentioned to service all of these timezones. Many of our members are also lifetime subscribers, including most of the upper leadership.

Many of our members are just like you and have families and other real-life commitments that cut down on the amount of time spent gaming. As a result, we never ask members to make any time commitments if they do not wish to. We're very open with how people want to play, we have members ranging from casual players, to hardcore players. We utilize a team system which encourages members to group up regularly with other members who have similar playstyles and availability. These teams are due to be re-envisioned, but I believe the core mechanic that I mentioned above will remain intact.

The only requirement to maintaining membership within the {UFP} is our monthly roll call. The roll call opens up at the beginning of each month for about a week before it closes again. It takes only about 30 seconds to complete, and it just lets us know that you're still with us.

We have both a Federation fleet and a Klingon fleet which the Commanding Officer of Starfleet Operations (our Star Trek Online gaming division) has top level characters on both. We have our own chat channel which allows members playing on the Federation side and Klingon side to interact.

We do have a very active TeamSpeak 3 server which we encourage all members to use, however, it is no way mandatory. Members are more than welcome to come and just listen in on what's going on without a microphone. We have no mandatory bank deposits or service fees as the result of being a member of the fleet, and have no intention of ever implementing such a system. We believe that a fleet should serve to enhance your gaming experience, as opposed to detracting from that experience.

For more information or to sign up, visit our forums @ http://www.ufplanets.com.

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact me on these forums or in-game (@sharpkiller).

Oh, and by the way, Captain Kirk wants to make love to the mountain.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-28-2011, 11:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix_Lord
is the answer "Bob"?
No, but given that the answer is highly illogical, I can understand that a Vulcan wouldn't know it. :p

Thank you for the replies so far!
Lt. Commander
# 5 Hey
01-28-2011, 05:45 PM
The answer is "Because It Is There"

Fleet 01 may be the place for you. We have a tight nit group and we are slowly growing. If you are interested Please feel free to check out the Fleet forum Post and PM me for further information. Who knows we may just have THE PLACE for you.

LL&P
Admiral_John
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-29-2011, 06:37 AM
I just wanted to take the time to let you know about Shadow Dragon Fleet. We offer 110% percent support to our members; We have a fully functioning website (www.shadowdragonfleet.webs.com) and a ventrilo server. We buy are players any equipment they need, we offer training to all of our members (our academy is run by experienced gamers who have MMO experience and have real life tactical experience and also role play experience) We are casual, knowledgeable, dedicated, very friendly, willing to lend a hand and assist the player in any way possible and we have skilled players that participate in pve and pvp. Shadow Dragon Fleet is also allied with other powerful fleets. opportunities are given to those who work hard. We also have higher positions available so there is plenty of room for advancement, and we cover all aspects of the game.

If you have any questions about the fleet feel free to send me a message here, or you can contact me through our site.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-20-2011, 08:58 AM
*S*
Hi, I read your post and would like to tell you about the 15th Phoenix Guard. We are a multi-national group with players of all levels. We have our casual players and our hardcore players. We've got regularly scheduled events for you to enjoy such as Trek Trivia, Fleet Actions, Monthly Duty Missions, STF runs, and we even group up for the series episodes.

Event participation is marked by ribbons that go in your player bio on the site. Activity and event participation will be rewarded through promotions and medals which, like event ribbons, are displayed on your player bio.

We also have a Klingon fleet and a 15G chat channel so our Feds and KDF players can stay in touch.

If this sounds interesting to you, please look us up here.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-28-2011, 09:17 AM
Great post!!! My answers in a wonderful shade of blue...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shard-Warrior View Post
What I am looking for;
  • A decent group of friendly, mature people to team with That's us! Although, mature may be a stretch at times :p
  • Casual playstyle Yup!
  • Regular events (ie. Fleet Actions, STFs, PvP) - very important! Yup!
  • Both Fed and Klingon Faction fleets would be awesome Yup!
  • Bonus points if you have your own Chat channel (other than the Fleet one) Yup!

What I am not looking for;
  • Mandatory playtime requirements (sorry, the wife and RL always trumps STO for me) I have a 2yr old and a 5yr old, yeah I understand.
  • Mandatory voice chat (I will listen in for STFs if needed) You don't need to, be we recommend to at least listen for STFs
  • Bank deposit requirements (ie. ALL crafting samples gathered MUST go to the Fleet) Nope, none of that with us. (there are fleets that do this?!)
  • Mandatory that ALL my characters MUST be in the Fleet (I have my own personal fleet for most of my characters already, mostly for the storage space). We don't care if you have 300 alts, and you want to play with one toon or 30 . . . bottom line, we are here for you!

Your Fleet gets bonus points if; :p
  • You know the answer to the question of why Captain Kirk is climbing a mountain "Because its there!"
  • You too were dizzied by the overuse of lens flares, camera shake and horrible script writing of the last "Trek" film (if you can even call it that...) Well, I did like it, but my eyes still bleed from flares.
  • You consider "Galaxy Quest" among your top 3 choices of Star Trek movies ROFLOL This is great!
  • You have no problems admitting you have visited the Shatner's Toupee Blog site at least once in the last month OR own a copy of the "Encyclopedia Shatnerica" (+2 if it is the Milennium edition) I'm sooo jealous you have the Millennium edition?!
  • Find yourself speaking/cursing in Klingon while shooting Feds during PvP matches :p QI'yaH!
This is what we have to offer in a nutshell:
  • TeamSpeak and Ventrilo voice servers
  • Active members
  • Active fleet forum
  • Full fleet bank
  • Weekly activities
  • Weekly podcast
  • Videos
  • Supportive officers
  • PvP and PvE training/help/teaming
  • Help, advice and answers on builds/powers/items etc.
  • Optional enrollment in Tempest: our KDF sister fleet
  • Optional enrollment in Hyperionaughts: our Champions Online supergroup
  • Friendly people
  • Good laughs
  • . . . and cookies!

PM for an invite today!! Or if you like you can try us out first anytime.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-28-2011, 01:43 PM
Hi Shard-Warrior,

Please consider 3rd Fleet. Thanks for your post, here's my overture.

About Us
Can tell by my reg date that I am here since launch and a lifer 3rd Fleet are a fleet for life .... So we're well suited.
Mature, experienced player. We've a fair mix of old hands and newbies,but I estimate there is a distinct bias towards the old hands.

Mostly enjoy my solo time doing regular content/explorations etc. but I do enjoy teaming with / helping out others when I can You have an attitude to help that we encourage. We make no demands on play-style, if you want to solo, solo. But also recognise a fleet is what you put in, not take out.

EST Time zone, play mostly evenings and on weekends if the weather is bad We're global with a large membership in US and EU. Whenever you log in you'll find us.

Not a RP'er but don't mind at all those who are into it Good job - we have members with RP interests. But it's not shoved down your throat.

Not really a voice chat-type person as I find it distracting, so Vent/TS are not of great importance to me Me too! But it has it's uses and it's there when you need it.

I have 3 VA's Fed side (Tac, Eng and Sci) and 1 LG Klingon side (Eng). I have various alts of differeing levels as well We don't have a KDF division and encourage you to find a clan. We do have a members with KDF alts and a KDF group for those who want to chat about it. We're just not trying to be all things to all me (and women).

If you have a website, great! If not, not a big deal http://3rdfleet.com

Fleet Bank access is not important to me. I'd say this is the biggest thing we're careful about - there is a requisitions mechanism though so getting the gear is not a problem.

Getting promoted through Fleet Ranks is not that important to me. It is great if you have them though! We go on merit - you contribute you'll be recognised. If you don't - no worries and no pressure. As I said earlier, it is what you make of it.

What you are looking for:
A decent group of friendly, mature people to team with
Casual playstyle
Regular events (ie. Fleet Actions, STFs, PvP) - very important!
Bonus points if you have your own Chat channel (other than the Fleet one)
3rd Fleet has all of the above. I particularly like your the use of the word decent. We try to be decent in our attitude and dealings. If you are looking for a fleet to swear and be rude in - please look elsewhere. If you are looking for a fleet for fun chat and banter we might just be what you are looking for (good natured ridicule is just fine)!.

Both Fed and Klingon Faction fleets would be awesome
We don't have a KDF faction .

What you are not looking for;
Mandatory playtime requirements (sorry, the wife and RL always trumps STO for me)
Bank deposit requirements (ie. ALL crafting samples gathered MUST go to the Fleet)
Mandatory that ALL my characters MUST be in the Fleet (I have my own personal fleet for most of my characters already, mostly for the storage space).

3rd Fleet gets that RL .... Happens ... sometimes planned ...but just as likely ... unplanned. We've got enough members that we won't panic if we don't see you for a while. All that we ask is to keep an eye out for the roll calls else you might get "cleaned". (They have a long duration, they aren't designed to catch folk out). There are no bank rules (silly or otherwise) and we don't have multi-fleet rules..

Bonus points
You know the answer to the question of why Captain Kirk is climbing a mountain
We know ... It's because we wanted to get Spock to do his puzzled "it's illogical" look!.
You too were dizzied by the overuse of lens flares, camera shake and horrible script writing of the last "Trek" film (if you can even call it that...)
Our membership is large and I cannot vouch for their tastes. Personally .... Bleugh!.
You consider "Galaxy Quest" among your top 3 choices of Star Trek movies
Love that movie!.
You have no problems admitting you have visited the Shatner's Toupee Blog site at least once in the last month OR own a copy of the "Encyclopedia Shatnerica" (+2 if it is the Milennium edition)
on my way .... always up for new experiences .

Find yourself speaking/cursing in Klingon while shooting Feds during PvP matches
Rats! You have me on that one.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-28-2011, 02:24 PM
I think you need to check out this link. http://www.Unrepentant.org All you wrote in your post pretty well describes us...Give us a look...After all it's people that play games and we are more into people than games...We just got a thing for STO...Check the sig also,hope to hear from you..